Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2006 Gubernatorial National Political Awareness Test, by Project Vote Smart
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2006 National Political Awareness Test (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill Ritter (4) Colorado Former Democratic Governor (2006-2010)
- Deval Patrick (4) Massachusetts Democratic Governor
- Ed Rendell (9) Pennsylvania Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010)
- Jodi Rell (7) Connecticut Former Republican
- Joel Dykstra (8) Republican Challenger (2008) South Dakota
- John Baldacci (4) Maine Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010)
- John Lynch (9) New Hampshire Former Democratic Governor (2005-2013)
- Mike Cooney (5) Montana Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Rod Blagojevich (5) Illinois Former Democrat Governor (2003-2009)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jodi Rell: Leave abortion decision to a woman & her doctor.
Jodi Rell: $100M for stem cell research.
Budget & Economy|
John Lynch: I erased a major budget deficit without new taxes.
Bill Ritter: Traditional definition of marriage; but full rights for gays.
Bill Ritter: Supports MWDBE programs for those without historical access.
Ed Rendell: Recognize civil unions.
Ed Rendell: Affirmative action in state contracts and colleges.
Jodi Rell: Comprehensive state job searches should ignore demographics.
John Lynch: Consider civil unions for N.H.
John Lynch: Encourage diversity without discrimination.
Joel Dykstra: No same-sex civil unions.
Joel Dykstra: No affirmative action in government decisions.
Deval Patrick: Supports criminal rehabilitation and alternative sentencing.
Ed Rendell: Supports the death penalty.
Ed Rendell: End parole for repeat violent offenders.
Jodi Rell: Supports the death penalty.
Jodi Rell: End parole for repeat violent offenders.
John Baldacci: End parole for repeat violent offenders.
John Lynch: Support NH’s current death penalty.
Rod Blagojevich: Supports death penalty, but keep moratorium for now.
Rod Blagojevich: Supports reducing recidivism and re-entry assistance.
Joel Dykstra: Supports the death penalty.
Joel Dykstra: End parole for repeat violent offenders.
Ed Rendell: Strengthen penalties for drug-related crimes.
Jodi Rell: Restrict sale of products used to make methamphetamine.
Joel Dykstra: Restrict products used to make methamphetamine.
Jodi Rell: Supports Head Start & early childhood education.
John Lynch: Ensure every child the opportunity for a great education.
Joel Dykstra: Support voluntary prayer in public schools.
Mike Cooney: More funding for Head Start and critical K-12 programs.
Energy & Oil|
Ed Rendell: Promote alternative fuels & also traditional domestic fuels.
John Lynch: 25% renewable sources by 2025.
Mike Cooney: Increased use of alternative fuel technology.
Mike Cooney: Fund open space preservation.
Families & Children|
Mike Cooney: Recognize civil unions between same-sex couples.
Deval Patrick: Limit campaign donations.
Ed Rendell: Limit campaign contributions but not campaign spending.
John Baldacci: Limit political campaign donations.
John Lynch: Restrinct campaign donations, but not campaign spending.
Rod Blagojevich: Supports McCain-Feingold campaign finance system.
Joel Dykstra: Limit individual & PAC donations; require disclosure.
Mike Cooney: Limit campaign contributions; adopt statewide voting rules.
Bill Ritter: Comfortable with Colorado’s existing gun laws.
Deval Patrick: Strengthen existing gun laws; require background checks.
Ed Rendell: Strengthen existing gun laws; add background checks.
John Baldacci: Allow concealed carry.
John Lynch: Keep N.H. gun laws unchanged.
John Baldacci: Ensure access to basic health care.
Rod Blagojevich: Cover 400,000 more thru FamilyCare, KidCare, & AllKids.
Bill Ritter: Supports livable wage and increasing minimum wage.
Rod Blagojevich: Raised the minimum wage from $5.15 to $6.50.
Ed Rendell: Use casino tax to reduce homeowners’ property taxes.
John Lynch: I will veto any income or sales tax.
Welfare & Poverty|
Deval Patrick: Increase funding for employment and job training programs.
Joel Dykstra: Promote marriage for welfare recipients.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bill Ritter Colorado Former Democratic Governor (2006-2010)
- Deval Patrick Massachusetts Democratic Governor
- Ed Rendell Pennsylvania Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010)
- Jodi Rell Connecticut Former Republican
- Joel Dykstra Republican Challenger (2008) South Dakota
- John Baldacci Maine Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010)
- John Lynch New Hampshire Former Democratic Governor (2005-2013)
- Mike Cooney Montana Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Rod Blagojevich Illinois Former Democrat Governor (2003-2009)
The above quotations are from 2006 Gubernatorial National Political Awareness Test, by Project Vote Smart.
- 2020 Political Courage Test: House and Senate
- 2018 State legislation: House, Senate, and Governor
- 2016 State legislation: Presidential, Gubernatorial, and State
- 2013-2014 Political Courage Test: Gubernatorial & Senate, plus legislative records
- 2011-12 State legislation: House and Senate plus legislative records
- 2009-10 Political Courage Tests: Senatorial, Gubernatorial, and State legislation
- 2008 Political Courage Tests: Presidential, Gubernatorial, and Senatorial
- 2006 Political Awareness Tests: Gubernatorial and Senatorial
- 2004 Political Awareness Tests: Presidential, Gubernatorial, and Senatorial
- 2002 Political Awareness Tests: Gubernatorial and Senatorial
- 2000 Political Awareness Tests: Presidential and Congress
- 1996-1998 Political Awareness Tests: House, Senate, and State
- Collections of Voter Guides:
- American Family Association iVoterGuides:
- Science Debate Voter Guides:
- CampusElect.org Voter Guides:
- AARP voter guides:
- Vote-USA.org voter guides:
- Miscellaneous voter guides: