Jack Dalrymple on Principles & Values
Vision for ND: opportunity, growth, & responsibility
Let me describe my vision for a growing and prospering North Dakota: I'm asking you now, legislators and all citizens, to commit to these enhanced strategies for growth in the coming decade. We know how far we have come. All of us, working together, will determine how far we will go.
Source: 2011 State of the State speech to North Dakota legislature
, Jan 4, 2011
- Our formula for job creation can become a model for the nation
- Our young and talented can enjoy a growing number of opportunities that keep them in N.D.
- The graduates from
our schools & colleges will be the best prepared for the high-paying jobs of the future
- We can expect growing cities with vibrant downtown neighborhoods
- We can expect our agriculture to continue to be the most advanced & innovative in the world
Our citizens can continue to be among the healthiest in the world
- We can continue to build our reserves, provide tax relief, fund infrastructure and other priorities
- We can show the way for members of Congress to begin a new era of fiscal
Elected State rep in 1985; Lt. Gov. in 2000
Jack Dalrymple is North Dakota's 35th lieutenant governor, elected in November 2000 and re-elected in November 2004 and November 2008. He brings an outstanding record of farming, business and legislative leadership to the lieutenant governor's office.
Dalrymple came to the North Dakota Legislature in 1985, representing a rural Cass County House district. He served eight terms, including six years as chairman of the influential House Appropriations Committee.
Source: Official website, governor.state.nd.us/dalrymple,"Biography"
, Nov 2, 2010
Page last updated: Jul 14, 2017