Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 Michigan Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 MI Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Gary Peters (10) Democratic Challenger Michigan
- Heritage Foundation (1)
- Mike Bishop (11) Republican House Member U.S. Rep Michigan- 8
- Terri Lynn Land (23) Republican Challenger Michigan
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Michigan Senate debates:
- AdWatch: Land video release, "Moms get things done", 10/15/2014
- AdWatch: Land press release, "Sides", 9/2/2014
- FactCheck.org, "Trading Jabs in Michigan", by Robert Farley, 8/29/2014
- AdWatch by Washington Post, "Land to air first ad," by Sean Sullivan, April 21, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Women Want Job Flexibility More Than Equal Pay", by Ashley Woods, 4/8/2014
- NBC News and OnTheIssues AdWatch: "Peters Launches First TV Ads", by Mark Murray, March 27th 2014
- Detroit Free Press, "Land offers ideas", by David Eggert, March 10, 2014
- Port Huron Times Herald, "Gary Peters on auto bailout", Mar 3, 2014
- Mining Gazette, "Renewing unemployment benefits", January 7, 2014
- Matt Vande Bunte on MLive.com, "Dave Agema", December 13, 2013
- Joint appearance of Democratic primary contenders, November 23, 2013, at Progressive Democratic Women's Caucus, covered by Muskegon Chronicle
- Coverage by National Journal, Alex Roarty blog, Nov. 18, 2013
- Alex Roarty in National Journal, "GOP Establishment", November 14, 2013
- AdWatch by Politico.com, on Terri Lynn Land "Syria" fundraising email, 9/5/2013
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly, "Keeping Up With The Candidates: Rocky v. Peters", by Brian Frasier, Sept. 29, 2010
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mike Bishop: Pro-life with exception only for life of the mother.
Terri Lynn Land: Supports GOP platform which bans abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Mike Bishop: Stop out-of-control spending policies.
Terri Lynn Land: Opposed reopening government, due to ObamaCare, not jobs.
Terri Lynn Land: Opposed deal to re-open federal government.
Terri Lynn Land: Federal shutdown was opportunity to address spending.
Terri Lynn Land: Equal pay for equal work for men and women.
Mike Bishop: Marriage is union of one man & one woman.
Terri Lynn Land: Equal pay good; but Paycheck Fairness Act bad.
Terri Lynn Land: Women want job flexibility more than equal pay.
Terri Lynn Land: AdWatch: No discrimination, but "no comment" on gay- bashing.
Terri Lynn Land: Supports GOP platform which bans same-sex marriage.
Gary Peters: I supported auto bailout; my opponent opposed it.
Mike Bishop: Oppose Common Core nationwide standards.
Terri Lynn Land: Local funding and local control of schools.
Energy & Oil|
Mike Bishop: Don't use government to develop wind and solar energy.
Gary Peters: AdWatch: Yes, I own petcoke stock, but I can still speak out.
Gary Peters: Proudly voted to invest in renewable energy sources.
Gary Peters: Cap and trade is an option we need to look at.
Gary Peters: FactCheck: Mich. gets back more in gas tax than it collects.
Gary Peters: Be actively engaged in the Middle East.
Terri Lynn Land: Free trade agreements only with reciprocal market access.
Mike Bishop: Limit people driven by thirst for power, pride, and envy.
Gary Peters: Nuclear option: Allow confirmation of Obama's appointees.
Terri Lynn Land: Super PACs are committed to Michigan.
Terri Lynn Land: Allow "dark money": secret campaign donations for issue ads.
Mike Bishop: Oppose restrictive gun control laws.
Terri Lynn Land: Supports GOP platform which opposes magazine limit.
Mike Bishop: Replace ObamaCare with patient-centered reforms.
Terri Lynn Land: Pre-tax health savings accounts & cross-states insurers.
Terri Lynn Land: Fix ObamaCare so Michiganders can keep insurance as promised.
Gary Peters: AdWatch: Targeted by RNC robocalls for support of ObamaCare.
Terri Lynn Land: Embrace threat of federal shutdown to defund ObamaCare.
Mike Bishop: Maintain a numerically superior nuclear arsenal.
Mike Bishop: Protect the border and prevent illegal entry.
Terri Lynn Land: No amnesty; seal the border; more H-1B visas.
Gary Peters: Extend jobless benefit for long-term unemployed.
Terri Lynn Land: Extend jobless benefit for long-term unemployed seeking work.
Principles & Values|
Mike Bishop: Uphold the principles of faith, family and freedom.
Terri Lynn Land: AdWatch: Grew up in a trailer park, then managed motels.
Terri Lynn Land: Supports GOP platform plank for personal accounts.
Heritage Foundation: FHA highway funds are skewed because strings are attached.
War & Peace|
Terri Lynn Land: No military action in Syrian civil war.
Gary Peters: Undecided on military intervention in Syria.
Terri Lynn Land: No military intervention in Syria.
The above quotations are from 2014 Michigan Senate debates.
- Outsider in the House, by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I, VT)
- The Little Plaid Book, by Sen. Lamar Alexander (R, TN)
- Cowboy in Caracas, by Senate nominee Charlie Hardy (D, WY)
- The New Black Politician: Cory Booker, Newark, and Post-Racial America (D, NJ)
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- A Tribute to 101 Incredible Women, by Senate candidate Joyce Dickerson (D, SC)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)