Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 New Hampshire Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 NH Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Smith (13) 2010 Challenger; lost FL GOP primary; previous NH Senator Florida
- Jeanne Shaheen (12) New Hampshire Former Democratic Governor (1997-2000); elected Senator 2008
- Jim Rubens (3) Republican Senate Challenger New Hampshire
- Karen Testerman (14) Republican Challenger New Hampshire
- Scott Brown (16) Previously MA Republican Jr Senator New Hampshire
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Hampshire Senate debates and race coverage:
- NECN, "Shaheen, Brown Clash in New Hampshire Senate Debate", hosted by New England Cable News, the Concord Monitor and UNH; moderated by Chuck Todd, held at the Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord, Oct 21, 2014
- WMUR ABC-9 Manchester, "In 1st debate, Shaheen, Brown preview themes," Oct. 7, 2014
- TalkingPointsMemo.com TPM Livewire, "Scott Brown: It's Not My Job To Create Jobs", by Daniel Strauss, September 3, 2014
- Seacoast Online, "Republicans go after Democrats at debate", by Jeff McMenemy, 8/24/2014
- The Hill weblog, "Brown hits Shaheen on border crisis," by Alexandra Jaffe, July 28, 2014
- The Hill e-zine, "Brown, Shaheen tout state ties", by Alexandra Jaffe, May 28, 2014
- The Hill e-zine, "PAC hits Brown for killing energy efficiency bill", by Laura Barron-Lopez, May 22, 2014
- Huffington Post, "Brown Urged GOP Senators To Kill Shaheen's Energy Efficiency Bill", by Sabrina Siddiqui, May 14, 2014
- AdWatch by The Hill e-zine, "Shaheen touts efforts for veterans in ad", by Alexandra Jaffe, May 4, 2014
- The Hill e-zine, "Shaheen to Brown: Take 'People's Pledge'", by Mario Trujillo, March 15, 2014
- The Hill e-zine, "Scott Brown pans 'self-serving' pledge", by Mario Trujillo, March 15, 2014
- NHPR, "Bob Smith Kicks Off Campaign", by Associated Press, 3/4/2014
- Manchester Union Leader, "Surveillance state is not OK", by Jim Rubens, Feb 17, 2014
- USA Today, AdWatch on Scott Brown, 1/8/2014
- Concord Patch AdWatch on Jeanne Shaheen, Jan. 1, 2014
- Katharine Seelye in New York Times, "Popular Noncandidate", December 11, 2013
- Karen Testerman editorial in Nashua Telegraph, "Single-payer", December 11, 2013
- Charles Crumm in Michigan Daily Tribune, on Republican National Committee email campaign, Nov.5, 2013
- Karen Testerman article in WND Weekly, 10/20/2013
- Joint GOP candidate appearance at Lebanon Elks Lodge, coverage by Ben Conarck, Valley News, November 23, 2013
- Fox News Sunday interview of Scott Brown, 8/25/2013
- Ben Leubsdorf in Concord Monitor, 8/9/2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jeanne Shaheen: Opposed the Blunt Amendment: require birth control coverage.
Bob Smith: Human life begins at conception.
Scott Brown: OpEd: Not a reliable vote on abortion rights.
Karen Testerman: No taxpayer dollars to terminate human life in the womb.
Budget & Economy|
Bob Smith: Time to stop mortgaging our children's future.
Karen Testerman: More government jobs threaten our economy & freedom.
Bob Smith: Government shouldn't redefine marriage.
Scott Brown: Next step in racial equality: stop glorifying violence.
Karen Testerman: Vocal opponent of same-sex civil unions.
Scott Brown: AdWatch: Loosened financial reform regulations.
Jeanne Shaheen: Allow medical marijuana; but no recreational marijuana.
Scott Brown: Restrict medical marijuana; and no recreational marijuana.
Bob Smith: Oppose nationwide Common Core standards.
Karen Testerman: Put parents back in charge, not Department of Education.
Karen Testerman: Stop the "common core" federal education standards.
Energy & Oil|
Bob Smith: No subsidies for wind and solar.
Scott Brown: Keystone XL should be included in energy efficiency bill.
Karen Testerman: End the war on coal: keep electrical generating plants.
Karen Testerman: Carbon dioxide causes plants to thrive, not global warming.
Karen Testerman: Declaring national monuments to benefit donors is an abuse.
Scott Brown: Restore American leadership; we have none now.
Bob Smith: America is in trouble; we need leadership out of this mess.
Scott Brown: Our allies don't trust us, our foes don't fear us.
Jeanne Shaheen: Expand opportunities to export to markets around the globe.
Jim Rubens: Voluntary small dollar vouchers to fund federal elections.
Bob Smith: Photo ID for voting.
Jeanne Shaheen: People's Pledge: Let's limit outside PAC contributions.
Scott Brown: No pledge to limit outside PAC contributions.
Bob Smith: Opposes more gun restrictions.
Scott Brown: Ok'd federal ban on assault weapons after Newtown shootings.
Karen Testerman: Second Amendment is about protection, not hunting.
Jeanne Shaheen: Ebola: No fear-mongering; maybe a travel ban.
Scott Brown: Ebola: travel ban to West Africa.
Bob Smith: Repeal ObamaCare; it's not a government responsibility.
Scott Brown: ObamaCare's mandate means higher costs and fewer jobs.
Jeanne Shaheen: AdWatch: Falsely promised all people could keep insurance.
Jeanne Shaheen: No apologies for helping people get affordable insurance.
Scott Brown: Supported RomneyCare in 2006; it's different than ObamaCare.
Karen Testerman: ObamaCare is unaffordable and unworkable.
Jeanne Shaheen: AdWatch: Targeted by RNC robocalls for support of ObamaCare.
Scott Brown: Strip US citizenship from terrorists who fight overseas.
Jeanne Shaheen: Tireless advocate for keeping our commitment to veterans.
Bob Smith: Maintain a superior nuclear arsenal.
Jim Rubens: The surveillance state is not OK: limit the NSA.
Karen Testerman: Rebuild our forces for adversaries like Chinese & Russians.
Jim Rubens: NSA infringes Constitution and causes citizen distrust.
Scott Brown: The border is secure when people don't come across it.
Jeanne Shaheen: We need to fix our broken immigration system.
Scott Brown: It's wrong that illegals can just walk across the border.
Bob Smith: Securing our borders is matter of economic stability.
Karen Testerman: Illegal immigrants are stealing from our country.
Karen Testerman: Illegal immigrants over burden our public schools.
Scott Brown: My job is to let businesses create jobs.
Principles & Values|
Bob Smith: Judeo-Christian values established our government framework.
Jeanne Shaheen: On 99% vote with Obama: Find ways to appeal to independents.
Bob Smith: Too many in Washington have no vision to restore the nation.
Karen Testerman: Supports flat tax & abolishing the IRS.
War & Peace|
Jeanne Shaheen: Address ISIS without fearmongering.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bob Smith 2010 Challenger; lost FL GOP primary; previous NH Senator Florida
- Jeanne Shaheen New Hampshire Former Democratic Governor (1997-2000); elected Senator 2008
- Jim Rubens Republican Senate Challenger New Hampshire
- Karen Testerman Republican Challenger New Hampshire
- Scott Brown Previously MA Republican Jr Senator New Hampshire
The above quotations are from 2014 New Hampshire Senate debates.
- Outsider in the House, by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I, VT)
- The Little Plaid Book, by Sen. Lamar Alexander (R, TN)
- Cowboy in Caracas, by Senate nominee Charlie Hardy (D, WY)
- The New Black Politician: Cory Booker, Newark, and Post-Racial America (D, NJ)
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- A Tribute to 101 Incredible Women, by Senate candidate Joyce Dickerson (D, SC)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)