Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
AdWatch: transcripts from 2022 presidential, gubernatorial, and Senate campaigns
EXPLANATORY NOTE by OnTheIssues.org:
Starting well before each election, candidates produce and air politicial advertisements. Since Citizens United took effect, PACs have produced many campaign ads too.
In modern campaigns, ads might be on TV, but also might be via email, web video, Tweets, or other social media.
Political pundit publications, such as The Hill and Rollcall, analyze campaign advertisements as well as campaign events
(although at OnTheIssues we ignore their relentless coverage of polls; since we consider them irrelevant to normal voters and relevant only to pundits!)
OnTheIssues.org reviews those ads and analyses for relevant issue content, including opponents' responses when available. Sometimes we transcribe the ads from video or audio; sometimes we include commentary; all the time, we urge paying attention to the opponent of each advertiser too, to get the full story!
Citation list (for transcriptions and analyses other than those by OnTheissues):
- FL-4: AdWatch on 2022 FL-4 House campaign, "20 Seconds", transcribed by OnTheIssues, 12/22/2022
- On 2022 Arizona Governor race, AdWatch: "Debate," by Lake for AZ Governor, Oct 17, 2022, (Link)
- 2022 Colorado Senate race: "Demings in new ad stresses independence from Democratic Party", by Brad Dress, 10/11/22, (Link)
- On 2022 S.C. Governor race, AdWatch: "SC Gov. Henry McMaster uses Joe Cunningham's own words against him in new TV ad," by Caitlin Byrd, Oct 7, 2022, (Link)
- CNN AdWatch on 2022 Washington Senate race: "Republicans largely stay away from abortion issue in their ads. But not all of them," by Dan Merica & David Wright, October 4, 2022, (Link)
- 2022 Utah Senate race: Fox-13-Now AdWatch, "McMullin campaign blasts attack ad as 'lie'," Sep 29, 2022, (Link)
- On 2020 Election Denial, "More than half of Republican Senate nominees have rejected, cast doubt upon or tried to overturn the 2020 election results," by Daniel Dale, September 15, 2022, (Link)
- AdImpact.com on 2022 Washington Senate race: AdWatch: "Extreme", by Smiley for WA Senate, 9/10/2022, (Link)
- AdWatch in 2022 Wyoming At-Large House race: Liz Cheney: "He Knows It", 8/4/2022
- AdWatch in 2022 Illinois Gubernatorial race: JB Pritzker for Governor: "Too Extreme", 7/22/2022
- Mediaite AdWatch: "GOP Senate Candidate Eric Greitens Calls For 'RINO Hunting' in Alarming Campaign Ad," by Sarah Rumpf, Jun 20th, 2022
- WRTV AdWatch: "Tom McDermott, candidate for U.S. Senate from Indiana, lights up joint in campaign ad," by Lucas Gonzalez, Apr 20, 2022
- 2022 Ohio Senate: TV Ad "Patriot" on JaneTimkenForOhio.com, downloaded 11/12/21
- 2022 Georgia Senate:The Current, "Ad watch: Gary Black takes on Herschel in Senate ad," by Tim Darnell, September 27, 2021
- 2022 Ohio Senate: "Ohio Senate Candidate attacks President Biden on immigration," by Seth McLaughlin, 3/23/2021
- ...more to follow...
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Darren Bailey: Abortion.
J.B. Pritzker: AdWatch: My opponent compares abortion to WWII Holocaust.
Thomas McDermott: AdWatch: lights up a joint and inhales.
Energy & Oil|
Joe Cunningham: AdWatch: Ban offshore drilling for oil and gas.
Jane Timken: AdWatch: Opposes amnesty to 12 million illegal immigrants.
Val Demings: Supports Kate's Law: harsher sentences on deported migrants.
Principles & Values|
Andrew Garbarino: AdWatch: "Vote him out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
Bernie Moreno: Defended fellow candidate against antisemitic advertisement.
Chris Smith: AdWatch: "Vote him out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
David McKinley: AdWatch: "Vote him out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
Don Bacon: AdWatch: "Vote him out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
Don Young: AdWatch: "Vote him out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
Eric Greitens: AdWatch: Join MAGA and let's go RINO hunting!
Fred Upton: AdWatch: "Vote him out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
Gary Black: Puts on football gear in ad to tweak football star opponent.
Jaime Herrera: AdWatch: "Vote her out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
Jane Timken: AdWatch: Stop socialist agenda; teach kids to be patriots!
Jim Lamon: AdWatch: shootout with Biden, Pelosi, Kelly.
John Katko: AdWatch: "Vote him out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
Lisa Murkowski: AdWatch: "Vote her out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
Liz Cheney: AdWatch: "Vote her out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
Mark Pukita: AdWatch: anti-Semitic for saying "My opponent is Jewish"?
Nancy Mace: AdWatch: "Vote her out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
Peter Meijer: AdWatch: "Vote him out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
Tom Rice: AdWatch: "Vote him out" Trump PAC disendorsement.
Blake Masters: The 2020 election wasn't free or fair: I think Trump won.
Evan McMullin: AdWatch: Some Republicans are racist, but not all.
Kari Lake: I'm working hard to earn your vote; she's avoiding a debate.
The above quotations are from AdWatch: transcripts from 2022 presidential, gubernatorial, and Senate campaigns.