Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Arizona Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 AZ Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Doug Ducey (1) Arizona Republican Governor
- Kari Lake (11) Arizona Republican Challenger
- Karrin Taylor Robson (10) Arizona Republican Challenger
- Katie Hobbs (25) Arizona Democratic Challenger
- Marco Lopez (4) Arizona Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Matt Salmon (6) Arizona Republican challenger for Governor
- Steve Gaynor (5) Arizona Republican challenger for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Arizona Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- AdImpact.com AdWatch, "Debate," by Lake for AZ Governor, Oct 17, 2022, (Link)
- CNN: Transcript of "State of the Union": Interview With Arizona Gubernatorial Candidate Kari Lake; and Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs. October 16, 2022, (Link)
- Transcript: Kari Lake, Republican candidate, and Kate Hobbs, Democratic candidate, on "Face the Nation," Oct. 9, 2022, (Link)
- Arizona Daily Star, "Discrimination verdict throws wrench into Democrat Katie Hobbs' campaign for AZ governor," by Howard Fischer, Nov 17, 2021
- KTAR, "Arizona gubernatorial race candidates discuss business, economic issues at forum," by Taylor Tasler, Oct 1, 2021
- 12news.com, "'Take the mask and shove it': Kari Lake leads anti-mask rally at ASU," by Brahm Resnik, August 15, 2021
- KUSI-San Diego News, "Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake (R) campaigns on common sense conservatism," July 22, 2021
- Arizona Public Media, "Matt Salmon enters race for Governor," by Christopher Conover, Jun 17, 2021
- KTAR Glendale 92.3-FM, "Gubernatorial candidate Matt Salmon wants to turn back Arizona's blue shift," by Danny Shapiro, June 17, 2021
- Arizona State University State Press, "Former ASU VP of government affairs enters Arizona's 2022 gubernatorial race," by Reagan Priest, 06/17/2021
- Fox News, "Former Rep. Matt Salmon enters Arizona gubernatorial race with Club for Growth endorsement," by Caitlin McFall, 6/17/21
- Arizona Republic, "Matt Salmon jumps back into Arizona politics: He's running for governor for 2nd time," by Andrew Oxford, 6/16/21
- KTAR, "Hobbs vows transparency, accountability if Arizona governor," by Danny Shapiro, Jun 2, 2021
- The Western Journal, "Conservative Fox Anchor Who Left over Liberalism Will Run for AZ Gov," by Kipp Jones, June 2, 2021
- The Arizona Republic, "Kari Lake lost her way as a journalist. Now she's running ... for governor?," by Laurie Roberts, June 1, 2021
- Arizona Republic, "Former Nogales mayor is first to announce 2022 bid for Arizona governor," by Maria Polletta, 3/16/21
- Phoenix New Times, "Piecing Together Steve Gaynor," by Elizabeth Whitman, November 4, 2018
- Arizona Republic, "Steve Gaynor says Arizona doesn't need a law to protect from LGBT discrimination," by Linda Valdez, October 2, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Karrin Taylor Robson: Keep Arizona one of the strongest pro-Life states in nation.
Katie Hobbs: Will veto any legislation that attacks Roe v. Wade.
Steve Gaynor: Self-proclaimed pro-life fiscal/social conservative.
Kari Lake: We're not giving women choices, they're given one choice.
Katie Hobbs: Leave politicians entirely out of the decision over abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Katie Hobbs: Inflation in Arizona driven by skyrocketing housing costs.
Katie Hobbs: Explicitly ban LGBTQ+ discrimination in a variety of areas.
Katie Hobbs: Former senate staffer wins $2.75 million discrimination suit.
Steve Gaynor: Compassion, not laws, enough to stop LGBTQ discrimination.
Steve Gaynor: Supports "conversion therapy" turning gay people straight.
Karrin Taylor Robson: More funding for police & keep qualified immunity.
Katie Hobbs: Reform Dept. of Corrections, kept inmates past release dates.
Katie Hobbs: Will work to reform Arizona's antiquated sentencing laws.
Kari Lake: Claimed that teacher's movement supported pot legalization.
Karrin Taylor Robson: It is time to fund students instead of systems.
Katie Hobbs: Expedite robust fixes to school buildings across the state.
Katie Hobbs: New funding for STEM education grants and scholarships.
Marco Lopez: Include apprenticeships and vocational training programs.
Energy & Oil|
Katie Hobbs: Climate change has an impact on every aspect of our lives.
Katie Hobbs: Prioritize awarding state contracts to Arizona businesses.
Karrin Taylor Robson: Supports voter ID, ban on ballot harvesting.
Karrin Taylor Robson: Karrin knows importance of keeping government out of the way.
Katie Hobbs: Streamline process to start a new business under one roof.
Katie Hobbs: End conflicts of interest, fight for lobbying rules.
Katie Hobbs: Disclose campaign contributions, support initiative process.
Katie Hobbs: Will veto any new voter suppression legislation.
Marco Lopez: Election was fair; legislature focus is conspiracy theories.
Marco Lopez: Listen and follow the data; don't make it political.
Matt Salmon: Strengthen voter ID, ban ballot harvesting.
Steve Gaynor: Oppose or overturn laws making it easier to vote.
Kari Lake: We have major problems in our election system.
Kari Lake: Plenty of evidence why people don't trust our elections.
Katie Hobbs: Claims of election fraud with no evidence is disqualifying.
Karrin Taylor Robson: Lifetime NRA member, opposes any efforts to infringe.
Matt Salmon: A+ rating from the National Rifle Association.
Kari Lake: Protested masking requirement at Arizona State University.
Katie Hobbs: Expanded Medicaid, providing healthcare for 100,000s.
Katie Hobbs: Reduce maternal mortality rate, extend Medicaid coverage.
Marco Lopez: Improving access to high-quality health care is essential.
Karrin Taylor Robson: Form state-controlled Arizona State Guard.
Karrin Taylor Robson: Arizona will construct border wall wherever possible.
Katie Hobbs: We have to fix our broken immigration system.
Matt Salmon: I believe in strong borders and an Arizona-first agenda.
Kari Lake: We're going to protect our own border from invasion.
Kari Lake: A lot of fraudulent asylum claims are being made.
Katie Hobbs: We've had a pretty bad immigration policy for decades.
Katie Hobbs: Recruit, hire, and elevate women and minorities.
Katie Hobbs: Eliminate the tipped minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Doug Ducey: Entrepreneur and "conservative ice cream guy".
Kari Lake: Cancel culture is meant to keep people from speaking out.
Karrin Taylor Robson: All rights flow from God, not the government.
Katie Hobbs: Never seen nation so divided; seen it up close in Arizona.
Matt Salmon: Democrat values scare the heck out of me.
Matt Salmon: Can't let liberal politicians turn Arizona into California.
Steve Gaynor: Would occupy highest office held by Jewish person in AZ.
Kari Lake: I'm working hard to earn your vote; she's avoiding a debate.
Kari Lake: 2020 resulted in illegitimate fool in the White House.
Kari Lake: For individual liberties, low taxes, limited regulation.
Matt Salmon: Club for Growth PAC: Salmon will protect taxpayer dollars.
Katie Hobbs: Cut taxes on everyday items, add child tax credit.
Karrin Taylor Robson: Ensure our state has sufficient cybersecurity.
Welfare & Poverty|
Katie Hobbs: Combine assistance programs under fewer agencies.
The above quotations are from 2022 Arizona Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2022; Gov. Ducey term-limited in 2022; contenders:
AZ 2022 Gubernatorial debate:
Incumbent Doug Ducey(R,term-limited)
Former news anchor Kari Lake(R,nominee)
vs.Secretary of State Katie Hobbs(D,nominee)
vs.Mayor Marco Lopez(D,lost primary)
vs.State Treasurer Kimberly Yee(R,withdrew)
vs.Karrin Taylor Robson(R,lost primary)
Past gubernatorial races:
2018 Arizona gubernatorial debate,
vs.David Garcia (D)
Former gubernatorial races:
2014 Arizona gubernatorial debate
2014 challenger: Regents Chair Fred DuVal(D)