Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Montana House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from MT legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Albert Olszewski (4) Montana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Amanda Curtis (1) Democratic Challenger Montana
- Bill McChesney (1) Montana Democratic 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Gary Perry (7) Montana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Matt Rosendale (4) Republican candidate for Montana U. S. Senator Montana
- Ryan Zinke (2) Montana Secretary of Interior 2017-2019
- Steve Bullock (5) Montana Democratic Montana Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Montana state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- Corey Stapleton - 2020 candidate for governor
Montana Secretary of State since 2017
Candidate for U.S. Senate and U.S. House, 2014
Montana State Senate, 27th district, 2001-2009
- Gary Perry - 2020 candidate for governor
Montana State Senate, 2002-2010
- Bill McChesney - 2016 candidate for governor
served as the Miles City representative in the state House from 2007 to 2015.
- R-MT-0 Ryan Zinke - member of United States House of Representatives
former member of Montana Senate, from the 2nd district, 2009 – 2011
- D-MT Amanda Curtis - Senate Challenger 2014
Member of the Montana House of Representatives from the 76th district 2013 – 2015
- Albert Olszewski - 2018 Republican candidate for Montana U.S. Senator
Montana House of Representative (2015-2016)
Montana Senate (2016 - )
- Matt Rosendale - 2018 Republican candidate for Montana U. S. Senator
Won state House seat in 2010 representing the Glendive area
Won Senate seat in 2012.
Served as state Senate majority leader at the 2015 Legislature.
-- News citations for legislative excerpts (if not directly from legislative records):
- Helena Independent_Record, "MT Senate says parents should be told of abortion," (SB.374), Feb 25, 2009
- InsuranceJournal.com, "Montana Lawmakers Debate Insurance Gender Discrimination," by Matt Gouras, January 29, 2009
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Gary Perry: Would require parental notification for minors' abortions.
Albert Olszewski: Prohibit abortions after the fetus is 24 weeks.
Albert Olszewski: Voted YES that insurers have plans with and without abortion.
Matt Rosendale: Rejected that insurers have plans with and without abortion.
Steve Bullock: Rejected that insurers have plans with and without abortion.
Gary Perry: If notification unconstitutional, why not for everything.
Gary Perry: Would repeal gender anti-insurance discrimination law.
Gary Perry: Key supporter of death penalty ban.
Gary Perry: Replace death penalty with life imprisonment without parole.
Ryan Zinke: Replace death penalty with life imprisonment without parole.
Gary Perry: Sponsored law banning open alcohol containers in vehicles.
Energy & Oil|
Amanda Curtis: Disclose state property energy efficiency on website.
Steve Bullock: Vetoed bill banning Shariah law; it's just anti-Muslim.
Albert Olszewski: Ban use of Shariah law and other foreign laws in courts.
Matt Rosendale: No campaign donor disclosure; yes Citizens United.
Matt Rosendale: Voted to repeal same-day voter registration.
Matt Rosendale: I won't give up on repealing & replacing ObamaCare.
Albert Olszewski: Voted NO on insuring the working poor with federal dollars.
Steve Bullock: Insure the working poor with federal dollars.
Gary Perry: Ok to discount minimum wage for tipped workers.
Ryan Zinke: Don't discount minimum wage for tips.
Steve Bullock: Tax cut would have benefitted high-income seniors.
Bill McChesney: Increase contributions to U-System's Retirement Program.
Steve Bullock: Create jobs by investing in roads and bridges.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Montana House and Senate.