Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for North Carolina House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from NC legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Dan Forest (1) North Carolina Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Deborah Ross (8) Democratic Senate candidate North Carolina
- Thom Tillis (5) Republican Jr Senator North Carolina
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
North Carolina state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- NC-R Greg Murphy - U.S. House, district 3
Won special election to U.S. House in September 2019, to replace Walter Beaman Jones.
Member of the North Carolina House of Representatives from the 9th district 2015 – 2019
- NC-R Dan Bishop - U.S. House, district 9
Won special election to U.S. House in September 2019, after the disputed Nov. 2018 election.
- Member of the North Carolina Senate, 39th district, 2017-2019
- Member of the North Carolina House of Representatives, 2015-2016
- Erica D. Smith - candidate for U.S. Senate 2020
State Senator, 3rd district, since 2015
- Eric L. Mansfield - candidate for U.S. Senate 2020
State Senator, 21st district, until 2012
Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of NC in the 2012 election.
- NC-D: Cal Cunningham - candidate for U.S. Senate 2020
State Senator, 23rd district, 2001-2003
- NC-R Thom Tillis - U.S. Senator
Speaker of the North Carolina House of Representatives 2011 – 2015
Member of the North Carolina House of Representatives from the 98th district 2007 – 2015
- NC-D Ken Spaulding - 2016 Candidate for Governor
former State Representative 1978 to 1984
- NC-D Deborah Ross - 2016 candidate for U.S. Senate
former State Representative, from the 34th district, 2003–2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Dan Forest: Urged vote for Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.
Deborah Ross: Allow ObamaCare state exchanges to provide abortion services.
Thom Tillis: Require 24-hour information period before abortion.
Deborah Ross: Voted NO on a constitutional amendment to define marriage.
Thom Tillis: Constitutionally define marriage as one man and one woman.
Deborah Ross: Allow statistical race evidence in death penalty cases.
Thom Tillis: Limit use of racial statistics in death penalty cases.
Energy & Oil|
Deborah Ross: Voted NO on horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracking.
Thom Tillis: Use hydraulic fracturing (fracking) for oil & gas extraction.
Deborah Ross: Voted NO on shortening early voting period.
Thom Tillis: No new restrictions on independent campaign expenditures.
Deborah Ross: Establish one-stop registration and voting sites.
Deborah Ross: Voted NO on concealed carry in restaurants and state parks.
Deborah Ross: Expand state Medicaid under ObamaCare.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Dan Forest North Carolina Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Deborah Ross Democratic Senate candidate North Carolina
- Thom Tillis Republican Jr Senator North Carolina
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for North Carolina House and Senate.