Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Texas House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from TX legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- George W. Bush (2) Republican
- Greg Abbott (1) Texas Republican Governor
- Pete Gallego (2) Democrat U.S. Rep Texas-23
- Rick Perry (5) Texas Secretary of Energy
- Sylvia Garcia (2) Democrat U.S. Rep Texas- 29
- Van Taylor (2) Republican U.S. Rep Texas- 3
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Texas state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- TX-R Van Taylor - Elected 2018 to U.S.House (R-TX-3)
Member of the Texas House of Representatives from the 66th district (2010-2015)
Member of the Texas Senate from the 8th district (2015-2018)
- TX-D Royce West - Democratic Senate challenger
President pro tempore of the Texas Senate, 2006-2007
Member of the Texas Senate, 23rd district, since 1993
- TX-D Sylvia Garcia - Elected 2018 to U.S.House (D-TX-29)
Member of the Texas Senate from the 6th district (2013-2018)
- TX-R Lance Gooden - Elected 2018 to U.S.House (R-TX-5)
Member of the Texas House of Representatives from the 4th district (2017-2018)
- R-TX-23 Pete Gallego - member of United States House of Representatives
former Member of the Texas House of Representatives, 74th district, 1991–2013
- Rick Perry; 47th Governor of Texas, 2000-2015
former Lieutenant Governor of Texas, 1999-2000
former Member of the Texas House of Representatives, 64th district, 1985 – 1991
- David Dewhurst, 41st Lieutenant Governor of Texas, 2003 – 2015
- George W. Bush, 46th Governor of Texas, 1995-2000
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Rick Perry: Vetoes ban on execution of mentally retarded inmates.
Pete Gallego: No death penalty for the mentally retarded.
Rick Perry: Criminalize "doctor-shopping" to obtain prescription opiates.
Pete Gallego: Criminalize "doctor-shopping" to obtain prescription opiates.
Sylvia Garcia: Oppose vouchers for students to leave public schools.
Van Taylor: Vouchers decrease growth and help public schools in long run.
Sylvia Garcia: Keep administrative restrictions on water rights.
Van Taylor: Slash red tape to ensure water rights.
Families & Children|
Greg Abbott: Conscience dictates if marriage is only one man & one woman.
Rick Perry: Let foster teens act as their own medical consenters.
Rick Perry: Require voters to present photo ID at polling places.
George W. Bush: 1990s: $750,000 punitive damage cap in Texas tort reform.
Rick Perry: Welcomes NRA with a video of him using semi-automatic rifle.
George W. Bush: 1995: Concealed carry doesn't make TX more dangerous.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Texas House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- Victoria Advocate on Texas SB 225 and SB 226, on water rights, (Sylvia Garcia & Van Taylor), 4/18/2017
- Texas Tribune on CSSB3: vouchers for students, (Sylvia Garcia & Van Taylor), 3/23/2017
- Press Release: Texas Pastor Protection Act, on same-sex marriage, (Greg Abbott), 6/26/2015
- Texas SB158, on "doctor-shopping" for opiates, (Pete Gallego & Rick Perry), 6/17/2011
- Texas HB 236, on death penalty, (Pete Gallego), 2/6/2001