Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
News coverage of `Red Wave` 2020 House races in Texas
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 House TX elections (number of quotes indicated):
- August Pfluger (10) Republican U.S. Rep Texas-11
- Beth Van Duyne (3) Republican U.S. Rep Texas-24
- Colin Allred (4) Democrat U.S. Rep Texas- 32
- Eddie Bernice Johnson (4) Democrat U.S. Rep Texas-30
- Pete Sessions (3) Republican U.S. Rep Texas-17
- Ronny Jackson (4) Republican U.S. Rep Texas-13
- Tony Gonzales (3) Republican U.S. Rep Texas-23
- Troy Nehls (7) Republican U.S. Rep Texas-22
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2020 House race coverage: Texas Red Wave:
- TX-6: Boston Globe, "Ellzey wins US House seat over Trump-backed rival," 7/27/2021
- TX-6: Texas Tribune, "State representative Jake Ellzey faces mounting opposition from his right in special election," by Patrick Svitek, 4/20/2021
- TX-11: Midland Reporter-Telegraph (MRT.com), "Top Congressmen turn up heat on administration's energy policies," by Mella McEwen, 2/10/2021
- TX-11: KLTV, "Texas Representative: Biden's climate change plan disastrous to fossil fuel industry," by Jillian Angeline, 2/3/2021
- TX-24: The Texas Tribune, "Beth Van Duyne could be the GOP's antidote to high-profile progressives when she joins Congress," by Alex Samuels, 12/17/2020
- TX-23: The Jewish Insider, "Tony Gonzales talks Texas, the Hispanic vote and plans for his first term," by Marc Rod, 11/5/2020
- TX-4: Texarkana Gazette, "Election 2020: Texas 4th Congressional District: Pat Fallon," 10/23/2020
- TX-30, TX-32: ScienceDebate.org surveys, 10/9/2020
- TX-13, TX-17, TX-23, and TX-24: iVoterGuide on Texas House races, downloaded October 2020
- TX-13: Forbes magazine, "Ex-White House Doc Ronny Jackson, once derailed by misconduct allegations," by Andrew Solender, 7/14/2020
- TX-11: Odessa American, "Pfluger Poised for Congress," by Bob Campbell, 4/21/2020
- TX-11: Texas Scorecard, "Congressional District 11 Candidate Interview: August Pfluger," by Matt Stringer, 2/20/2020
- TX-22: Fox News 26 Houston, "Fort Bend County Sheriff says 'no' to ICE Plan," by Stephen Morgan, 8/2/2017
Special coverage of "Red Wave" states:
- CA: 7 new House members including 1 Democrat hold & 2 Republican holds; and 3 Republican takeovers + 1 SPEL takeover
- FL: 5 new House members, including 2 Republican holds and 3 Republican takeovers
- NY: 5 new House members including 3 Democrat holds & 1 Republican hold; and 1 Republican takeover + 1 SPEL hold
- TX: 7 new House members, all 7 Republican holds.
- All other states: 52 new House members including 10 Republican takeovers and 3 Democratic takeovers
- Endorsements: Organizational endorsements of new House members, from groups that focus on one issue
- 2021 House incumbents: continuing coverage of the 117th Congress
Conclusion: the "Red Wave" means Republicans made some gains in Congress when they were expected to lose seats.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
August Pfluger: Affirms commitment to pro-life policies.
Budget & Economy|
Tony Gonzales: Supports Balanced Budget amendment.
August Pfluger: Americans are innovators, against over-regulation.
August Pfluger: Stifling House rules mandate diverse staff.
August Pfluger: The government must not dictate attitudes towards gender.
Ronny Jackson: Left's identity politics bigger threat than racism.
Troy Nehls: Criminal justice reform is job opportunities for ex-inmates.
Troy Nehls: Strong support for public schools and education.
Beth Van Duyne: Create ways for employers to help solve student debt.
Colin Allred: Empower students and teachers with public school funding.
Eddie Bernice Johnson: STEM education is key to retaining U.S. leadership globally.
Pete Sessions: Supports school vouchers for religious institutions.
Energy & Oil|
August Pfluger: Our country needs drilling and oil to survive.
Troy Nehls: Ban on fossil fuels would be a travesty to economy.
Colin Allred: Supports Paris Climate Accord, EPA, and green energy.
Eddie Bernice Johnson: Has net-zero carbon emission goal for U.S.
August Pfluger: Saudi oil dump is wrong, even though key anti-ISIS ally.
August Pfluger: Second amendment protects us against government tyranny.
Troy Nehls: Give Americans more health care choices.
Colin Allred: Defend ACA, expand Medicaid, lower Medicare age.
Eddie Bernice Johnson: ACA is an important step in giving all access to good care.
Ronny Jackson: Protect Americans from socialist healthcare plans.
Colin Allred: Supports DREAMers and path to citizenship.
Eddie Bernice Johnson: Give business the freedom to hire skilled foreign workers.
Ronny Jackson: Immigration is a national security issue.
Troy Nehls: Build the wall and keep illegals out.
August Pfluger: Biden's climate plan will kill jobs.
August Pfluger: We don't need bailouts; we need to get back to work.
Troy Nehls: Help small businesses with less regulations.
Principles & Values|
Tony Gonzales: Conservative but will work with all House members.
Beth Van Duyne: Want my children to be safe and proud of our country.
Tony Gonzales: Judeo-Christian values are the cornerstone of our republic.
Ronny Jackson: Says Obama spying on Trump is national security issue.
August Pfluger: Running to fight socialism and support rural voices.
Troy Nehls: Supports Trump and objected to counting of electoral votes.
Beth Van Duyne: Independent retirement savings should be long-term goal.
Pete Sessions: Allow private retirement accounts with guaranteed interest.
Welfare & Poverty|
Pete Sessions: Eliminate programs with no work requirement for individuals.
The above quotations are from News coverage of `Red Wave` 2020 House races in Texas.