Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Indiana Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 IN Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Andrew Straw (26) Disability party candidate for Indiana U.S. Senator Indiana
- Joe Donnelly (1) Democratic Challenger Indiana
- Luke Messer (6) Republican candidate for Indiana U.S. Senator Indiana
- Mark Hurt (12) Republican Senate challenger Indiana
- Mike Braun (14) Republican Candidate for Indiana U. S. Senator Indiana
- Todd Rokita (5) Republican candidate for Indiana U.S. Senator Indiana
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Indiana 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Fox 59, "Braun wins Republican nomination to challenge Donnelly," May 9, 2018
- Indianapolis Star, "Braun's rhetoric, business record don't line up," by Brian Slodysko, May 1, 2018
- Indianapolis Star, "Braun brings casual attire but serious business credentials," by Robert King, April 14, 2018
- Indianapolis Business Journal, "Braun emphasizes business acumen," by Lindsey Erdody, April 13, 2018
- Indianapolis Star, "Rokita proposes jail time for sanctuary city leaders," by Kaitlin Lange, Dec. 4, 2017
- The Star Press, "Eliminating tax credits for workers here illegally," by Rep. Luke Messer, Oct. 28, 2017
- The Star Press, "Messer eager to see Obamacare repealed," by Jeff Ward, Sept. 21, 2017
- Kokomo Tribune,. "Hurt defends Trump, embraces conservative contrast," by George Myers, Sep 1, 2017
- Connersville News Examiner, "Messer discusses ag issues in Bentonville," by Darrell Smith, Mar 13, 2016
- Newsmax.com, "GOP Hits Back at White House Attack on Voter ID Law," by John Gizzi, Aug. 12, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mike Braun: Life starts with conception.
Andrew Straw: A fetus has rights; treat abortion like euthanasia.
Andrew Straw: Since 1973, courts allowed parents to kill their children.
Mark Hurt: Life is precious; no tax-payer funded abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Mike Braun: Don't pay politicians if they can't pass a budget.
Andrew Straw: Stimulus plus market-led recovery.
Andrew Straw: Same-sex marriage is none of state's business.
Andrew Straw: Gay marriage bans are like anti-miscegenation laws.
Andrew Straw: Incentives to hire qualified women into management.
Joe Donnelly: Protect LGBT Hoosiers from discrimination.
Mike Braun: Lowering taxes is a good start to empowering job creators.
Mark Hurt: Lower corporate rates; simplify taxes.
Andrew Straw: In some cases, punishment can reduce crime.
Mark Hurt: One small brick in the wall of justice.
Andrew Straw: Marijuana is a medicine and nutritious.
Mark Hurt: Tougher penalties on those dealing drugs.
Andrew Straw: Students can pray in school, but not imposed by teachers.
Andrew Straw: Supports vouchers and more school choices.
Energy & Oil|
Andrew Straw: Support green energy storage technology.
Mark Hurt: Cost-benefit analysis for measures affecting clean coal.
Andrew Straw: EPA should have more power to clean up, not less.
Families & Children|
Todd Rokita: Background checks & FBI screening for every school worker.
Andrew Straw: USA should encourage our values in UN programs.
Mike Braun: 2016: Voted against clawbacks for moving jobs to Mexico.
Andrew Straw: Adjust NAFTA with 1% tariff to raise Mexican standards.
Luke Messer: Free trade pacts haven't led to free trade.
Todd Rokita: Supports international free trade agreements.
Mike Braun: Replace the swamp with citizen legislators and term limits.
Andrew Straw: Suing government for ballot access for disabled people.
Andrew Straw: Expand voting rights for disabled people.
Mark Hurt: Stop the nefarious practice of omnibus legislation.
Todd Rokita: Voter ID laws increase turnout and never black voters.
Mike Braun: A hunter himself, he's a proud backer of the 2nd Amendment.
Andrew Straw: I support the 2nd Amendment.
Mike Braun: Common sense solutions can offset ObamaCare shortfalls.
Andrew Straw: Expand Medicare incrementally, not via ObamaCare.
Mark Hurt: Funding to alleviate shortage of mental health professionals.
Mark Hurt: Support cross-state competition, not ObamaCare bureaucracy.
Luke Messer: ObamaCare bad for middle class.
Mike Braun: We need increased military to protect our interests abroad.
Andrew Straw: We spend too much on the military now.
Mike Braun: North Korea & Russian dangers require strong US military.
Mark Hurt: Could support transgender military ban.
Mark Hurt: Strategic increased spending on military weapons systems.
Mark Hurt: Work with countries like Russia & comprehensively fight ISIS.
Mike Braun: Hard line approach to illegal immigrants: build the wall.
Andrew Straw: Pathway to citizenship, except for felons.
Todd Rokita: Imprison local officials who allow sanctuary cities.
Andrew Straw: In recessions, increase money supply to create jobs.
Andrew Straw: Visas for high-wage jobs; don't export jobs via trade.
Principles & Values|
Mike Braun: Use record of what's been done in hometown and statehouse.
Andrew Straw: Ten Commandments are public already; don't impose in court.
Andrew Straw: Too many people rely on SSA to risk losses.
Luke Messer: Use Social Security to restrict aid to illegal immigrants.
Luke Messer: Let retirees earn more.
Mike Braun: Pledged never to raise federal taxes, but infrastructure ok.
Andrew Straw: Tax cuts for rich don't help economy if tied up in stocks.
Luke Messer: Tax cuts should lead to growth.
Todd Rokita: Gas tax ok for infrastructure improvements.
Mike Braun: Increase gas tax by 10 cents for crumbling infrastructure.
War & Peace|
Andrew Straw: Treaties with allies instead of empire-building attitudes.
Mike Braun: Defeat ISIS terrorists where they live.
Luke Messer: Get tough with North Korea.
Mark Hurt: We lost allies' respect, enabling rise of extreme ideologies.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Andrew Straw Disability party candidate for Indiana U.S. Senator Indiana
- Joe Donnelly Democratic Challenger Indiana
- Luke Messer Republican candidate for Indiana U.S. Senator Indiana
- Mark Hurt Republican Senate challenger Indiana
- Mike Braun Republican Candidate for Indiana U. S. Senator Indiana
- Todd Rokita Republican candidate for Indiana U.S. Senator Indiana
The above quotations are from 2018 Indiana Senate race: debates and news coverage.