Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 West Virginia Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 WV Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Evan Jenkins (4) Republican candidate for West Virginia U.S. Senator West Virginia
- Patrick Morrisey (15) Republican candidate for West Virginia U.S. Senator West Virginia
- Paula Jean Swearengin (17) Democratic candidate for West Virginia U. S. Senator West Virginia
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
West Virginia 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Herald-Dispatch, "U.S. Senate candidate: Paula Jean Swearengin (D)," Mar 27, 2018
- New York Times, "Putting the Ex-Con in Conservatism," by Paul Krugman, March 26, 2018
- Politico.com, "GOP fears another potential electoral disaster," by Alex Isenstadt, March 20, 2018
- TheDAOnline.com, "Blankenship suggests drug tests and grading system for teachers, by Douglas Soule, March 2, 2018
- Mineral Daily News Tribune, "AG announces second Kids Kick Opioids contest", Feb 16, 2018
- Parkersburg News and Sentinel, "Morrisey files to join Senate race," by Jess Mancini, Jan 26, 2018
- Washington Times, "Senate Conservatives Fund backs Morrisey," by Seth McLaughlin, January 24, 2018
- MetroNews, "Blankenship gets US Senate campaign underway," by Alex Thomas, January 18, 2018
- Washington Times, "Controversial former coal titan in bid to clear name," by Ben Wolfgang, January 1, 2018
- US News & World Report, "Attorney General Transfers $1M to State Police," Oct. 3, 2017
- The New Republic, "Q&A with Paula Swearengin", by Sarah Jones, May 19, 2017
- The Register-Herald, "Q & A with Evan Jenkins," by Sarah Plummer, Oct 27, 2016
- Charleston Gazette-Mail, "Capito says elections aren't rigged," by Andrew Brown, Oct 17, 2016
- CBS News, "AG's past work with drug companies questioned," by Jim Axelrod & Ashley Velie, June 2, 2016
- W.V. Metro News, "Same-sex marriage legal in all 50 states," by Carrie Hodousek, June 26, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Patrick Morrisey: Overturn Roe v. Wade.
Paula Jean Swearengin: Pro-choice, including abortion alternatives.
Budget & Economy|
Paula Jean Swearengin: Create investment banks that will create jobs.
Paula Jean Swearengin: Worrying about somebody's sexuality is just ridiculous.
Patrick Morrisey: Disappointed with gay marriage legalization.
Patrick Morrisey: More funding, more equipment, more hiring for state police.
Patrick Morrisey: Tougher sentences for drug kingpins.
Paula Jean Swearengin: End mandatory minimum sentencing.
Evan Jenkins: Tough on crime, but open to reforms.
Patrick Morrisey: Fight opioid epidemic with criminal prosecutions & education.
Paula Jean Swearengin: End the wasteful, harmful, war on drugs.
Patrick Morrisey: Opioids: we're losing a generation of people to despair.
Paula Jean Swearengin: Free college or trade school to all qualified students.
Paula Jean Swearengin: Ensure adequate funding; encourage best practices.
Energy & Oil|
Patrick Morrisey: Fought against clean power rules.
Paula Jean Swearengin: Need to invest in renewable energy now.
Evan Jenkins: I'm fighting for coal by reducing EPA regulatory burdens.
Patrick Morrisey: EPA exceeds its authority on Clean Water & Cross-State Air.
Patrick Morrisey: Led coalition against "Clean Power Plan".
Families & Children|
Paula Jean Swearengin: Make 6 months of family leave available to all parents.
Patrick Morrisey: America must assert its interests.
Paula Jean Swearengin: Cut regulations favoring big businesses.
Evan Jenkins: Important to keep information secure.
Patrick Morrisey: Fights the "gun grabbers".
Paula Jean Swearengin: Medicare for all as part of insurance free market.
Patrick Morrisey: Was lobbyist for pharmaceutical distributors; wife still is.
Patrick Morrisey: Aggressive efforts against illegal immigration.
Paula Jean Swearengin: Create swift, secure path to citizenship.
Paula Jean Swearengin: Raise minimum wage; tie rate to inflation.
Principles & Values|
Evan Jenkins: A proud ally of our president Trump.
Paula Jean Swearengin: Part of "Brand New Congress" to fight special interests.
Patrick Morrisey: Favors a flat tax.
Paula Jean Swearengin: Cut taxes for middle/working class.
Patrick Morrisey: Improving infrastructure a must.
Paula Jean Swearengin: Invest $4.6 trillion in infrastructure.
War & Peace|
Paula Jean Swearengin: End wars of choice; protect human rights when needed.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Evan Jenkins Republican candidate for West Virginia U.S. Senator West Virginia
- Patrick Morrisey Republican candidate for West Virginia U.S. Senator West Virginia
- Paula Jean Swearengin Democratic candidate for West Virginia U. S. Senator West Virginia
The above quotations are from 2018 West Virginia Senate race: debates and news coverage.