2014 Alabama Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 Alabama Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Parker Griffith (3) Alabama Democratic Challenger for Governor
- Robert Bentley (6) Alabama Republican Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Alabama Gubernatorial race:
- Montgomery Advertiser, "Bentley: No debate with Parker Griffith", by Brian Lyman, 9/8/2014
- AL.com, "Lift state off bottom in test score ranking", by Mike Cason, 9/7/2014
- AL.com AdWatch, "Griffith has new ad touting his support for education lottery", by Charles J. Dean, 9/3/2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Robert Bentley: Do everything to protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Parker Griffith: Statewide lottery to fund Alabama schools.
Robert Bentley: First Class Pre-K good, but only enrolls 12% of kids.
Parker Griffith: AdWatch: New statewide vote on school-funding lottery.
Robert Bentley: First Class program: voluntary Pre-K education.
Robert Bentley: Freedoms are guaranteed in the Second Amendment.
Principles & Values|
Parker Griffith: 20-foot inflatable duck: Bentley is "ducking" the debates.
Robert Bentley: Refuses to debate, after promising to debate post-primaries.
Robert Bentley: We are endowed with certain Freedoms by our Creator.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Parker Griffith Alabama Democratic Challenger for Governor
- Robert Bentley Alabama Republican Governor
The above quotations are from 2014 Alabama Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)