2014 Maine Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 Maine Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Eliot Cutler (8) Maine Independent Challenger
- Michael Michaud (1) Democratic Governor Challenger U.S. Rep Maine-2
- Mike Michaud (2)
- Paul LePage (5) Maine Republican Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Maine Gubernatorial race:
- Maine Sun Journal, "Lower energy costs", 1/5/14
- Bangor Daily News, "$13 million federal fines", Jan. 3, 2014
- Bangor Daily News, "Gay Rights group endorses Michaud", on Mike Michaud and Eliot Cutler Jan. 2, 2014
- Maine Sun Journal coverage, 12/20/2013
- Bangor Daily News coverage, 12/9/2013
- Portland Press Herald coverage, 12/6/2013
- MPBN Maine Public Broadcasting coverage, 11/25/2013
- Sierra Club Questionnaire and AFL-CIO Questionnaire, (Eliot Cutler responses) 10/16/2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Eliot Cutler: Worked to uphold a law legalizing same-sex marriage.
Michael Michaud: Would be 1st openly gay governor; but evolved on LGBT rights.
Eliot Cutler: Examine corporate tax breaks; avoid clawbacks by better deal.
Energy & Oil|
Paul LePage: Build a natural gas pipeline from Canada.
Paul LePage: Global warming helps Maine by opening north shipping lanes.
Eliot Cutler: Reduce carbon emissions to Kyoto Protocol targets.
Paul LePage: Abstain from EPA petition to cut Midwest emissions.
Mike Michaud: AdWatch: Replace LePage with a pro-environment governor.
Eliot Cutler: More bus services, dedicated HOV lanes, and bike routes.
Eliot Cutler: Oppose all efforts to restrict access to the ballot box.
Paul LePage: Vetoed incrementally raising the state's minimum wage.
Mike Michaud: AdWatch: Unions endorse Michaud "to represent Maine workers".
Eliot Cutler: Zealously guard against interference in unionization efforts.
Eliot Cutler: Support & strengthen the foundations for Social Security.
Eliot Cutler: Shift burden from property tax as part of strategic reform.
Welfare & Poverty|
Paul LePage: Maine's TANF welfare system is too generous.
The above quotations are from 2014 Maine Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)