2014 Florida Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 Florida Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Charlie Crist (5) Florida Democratic Governor Challenger
- Rick Scott (6) Florida Republican Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Florida Gubernatorial race:
- Sun-Sentinel coverage, by Chan Lowe, January 5, 2014
- MSNBC coverage, "Crist apologizes to LGBT community", Jan. 3, 2014
- First Coast News, "Rick Scott signs death warrant", Jan. 2, 2014
- SaintPetersBlog cov erage of charlie Crist's OpEd on Minimum Wage, December 31, 2013
- Americans for Tax Reform coverage, 12/16/2013
- Politico.com AdWatch, 12/9/2013
- Sunshine State News AdWatch, 12/9/2013
- Huffington Post coverage, 8/30/2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Charlie Crist: 2010: Backed gay marriage ban; 2014: supports gay marriage.
Rick Scott: Signs death warrant for murderer.
Rick Scott: OpEd: Requiring drug testing for welfare is unconstitutional.
Rick Scott: Lay off DEP staff; environmental compliance & no enforcement.
Charlie Crist: Lift the Cuban embargo; it has failed for 50 years.
Charlie Crist: AdWatch: unwavering support of ObamaCare.
Rick Scott: AdWatch: "Let's Get to Work" opposing ObamaCare.
Charlie Crist: Minimum wage increase good; living wage better.
Charlie Crist: 2009: temporary $25 average car fee increase.
Rick Scott: $500 million in automobile fee & tax relief.
Welfare & Poverty|
Rick Scott: Require drug testing for receiving welfare.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Charlie Crist Florida Democratic Governor Challenger
- Rick Scott Florida Republican Governor
The above quotations are from 2014 Florida Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)