2014 Michigan Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 Michigan Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Mark Schauer (5) Democratic Governor Challenger U.S. Rep Michigan-7
- Rick Snyder (4) Michigan Republican Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Michigan Gubernatorial race:
- Up North Live, "Snyder signs bill updating sentencing guidelines", by Kristen Lowe, 3/4/2014
- Battle Creek Enquirer, "Schauer's ad reveals his priority: himself", Letter to the Editor, Mar. 12, 2014
- CBS News 99.1 FM, Dec. 29, 2013
- On Top Magazine coverage, 12/20/2013
- The Examiner coverage, 12/12/2013
- The Detroit News coverage, 12/11/2013
- Macomb Daily coverage, 12/10/2013
- CBS "Face the Nation" interview of Rick Snyder, 7/21/2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Rick Snyder: Vetoed total abortion ban; signed abortion restrictions.
Mark Schauer: Build economy that works for everyone--not just the wealthy.
Mark Schauer: Restore funding for police & fire.
Rick Snyder: Vetoed voter identification bill.
Mark Schauer: Ensure veterans have access to the benefits they've earned.
Mark Schauer: Opposes right-to-work law; protested on Capitol lawn.
Rick Snyder: Quietly signed law making Michigan a right-to-work state.
Rick Snyder: Detroit bankruptcy is an opportunity to stabilize Detroit.
Mark Schauer: Restore tax incentives for high-tech businesses.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Mark Schauer Democratic Governor Challenger U.S. Rep Michigan-7
- Rick Snyder Michigan Republican Governor
The above quotations are from 2014 Michigan Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)