2014 Pennsylvania Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 Pennsylvania Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Allyson Schwartz (1) Pennsylvania Democratic Challenger
- Tom Corbett (4) Pennsylvania Republican Governor
- Tom Wolf (14) Pennsylvania Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Pennsylvania Gubernatorial race:
- The Patriot News, "Where the Democratic Pa. gubernatorial candidates stand on issues", by the Associated Press, May 10, 2014
- Pittsburgh City Paper, "Planned Parenthood throws support behind Allyson Schwartz," by Charlie Deitch, Feb 26, 2014
- Washington Post, "Corbett will drop lottery privatization plan", 1/2/2014
- Philadephia Magazine AdWatch, 12/20/2013
- The Morning Call coverage, 12/18/2013
- KeystonePolitics AdWatch, 12/5/2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tom Wolf: Support abortion rights.
Tom Wolf: Recognize same-sex marriage in Pennsylvania.
Tom Corbett: OpEd: Corbett knew federal LGBT laws; OK to change mind.
Tom Corbett: Supports anti-LGBT-discrimination bill, but not gay marriage.
Tom Corbett: Apologies for comparing gay marriage to incest.
Tom Corbett: Give up on privatizing state lottery program.
Tom Wolf: Moratorium on the death penalty.
Tom Wolf: Legalize medicinal marijuana & decriminalize one ounce.
Tom Wolf: Restore money cut from public schools.
Energy & Oil|
Tom Wolf: Moratorium on gas drilling in state parks and state forests.
Tom Wolf: Universal background checks, & ban assault weapons.
Tom Wolf: Expanding health care is good for economy & creates jobs.
Tom Wolf: Scrap "Healthy PA" subsidizing private insurance coverage.
Tom Wolf: More services for veterans: education, jobs, & housing.
Tom Wolf: Support a Pennsylvania DREAM Act.
Tom Wolf: Increase minimum wage to $10.10 and index it to inflation.
Tom Wolf: Maintain defined benefit for public pensions instead of 401k.
Allyson Schwartz: AdWatch: Trade benefit cuts for balancing budget.
Tom Wolf: Shift income tax burden to higher earners.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Allyson Schwartz Pennsylvania Democratic Challenger
- Tom Corbett Pennsylvania Republican Governor
- Tom Wolf Pennsylvania Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
The above quotations are from 2014 Pennsylvania Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)