Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Colorado Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 CO Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Greg Lopez (21) Colorado Republican candidate for governor
- Heidi Ganahl (21) Colorado Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Jared Polis (4) Colorado Democratic candidate for Colorado Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Colorado Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- CPR News (Colorado Public Radio), "Polis, Ganahl highlight rural and western Colorado concerns in Grand Junction face off," by Bente Birkeland and Andrew Kenney, Oct. 26, 2022, (Link)
- California Public Radio, "Heidi Ganahl, GOP candidate for Governor, would restrict abortion, expand charter schools and get oil and gas 'back to work`," by Michelle P. Fulcher, Jun. 17, 2022
- The Village, "GOP Candidates for Governor Speak to the Villager Exclusively," by Freda Miklin, June 2, 2022
- KDVR, "Republican candidates discuss election issues, crime," by Colleen Flynn, Apr 15, 2022
- Colorado Newsline, "Republican governor candidate Heidi Ganahl rallies supporters at first 2022 event," by Sara Wilson, January 24, 2022
- Colorado Times Recorder, "In Transphobic Email, Ganahl Falsely Claims CO School Board Adopted Policies Without Public Input," by Michael Lund, January 21, 2022
- News Primer, "Republican 'pro-life' Ganahl would take 'a hard look' at abortion ban as governor," by Timothy Bowens, December 16, 2021
- Inside Higher Ed, "A Template for Academic Freedom," by Colleen Flaherty, December 15, 2021
- Colorado Springs Gazette, "Colorado's teen suicides fueled by pot, pandemic," by Heidi Ganahl, Dec 14, 2020
- Colorado Times Recorder, "Heidi Ganahl, CO's Top Republican Candidate for Gov, Is Anti-Abortion," by Madeleine Schmidt, October 15, 2021
- Progress Now Colorado, "No thanks, Heidi Ganahl: what you can do to fight for progress this week," Sep 13, 2021
- Colorado Times Recorder, "Who Is Heidi Ganahl, Republican Candidate for Colorado Governor?," by Madeleine Schmidt, September 10, 2021
- Colorado Springs Gazette, "Colorado drops out of the jobs race," by Heidi Ganahl, Jul 5, 2021
- Akron News-Reporter, "Lopez makes stop on campaign trail," by Jo Anne Busing, February 10, 2021
- Akron News-Reporter, "Race for governor is on with Lopez on campaign trail," by Alicia Barry, February 10, 2021
- Denver Westword, "When Will Governor Polis Use His Mass Marijuana Pardon Power?," by Thomas Mitchell, September 25, 2020
- ColoradoPolitics.com blog, "Greg Lopez is the GOP hopeful who isn't losing hope," by Joey Bunch, Mar 23, 2020
- Denver Westword, "Meet Greg Lopez, Underdog Governor Candidate Who's Shaking Up the Race," Michael Roberts, May 23, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Greg Lopez: I am pro-life.
Heidi Ganahl: Declares herself "pro-life" on Facebook, won't elaborate.
Heidi Ganahl: Make adoption and birth control more accessible.
Budget & Economy|
Greg Lopez: Would prioritize transportation and growth.
Heidi Ganahl: Government has grown too much; we can reduce it.
Greg Lopez: Don't teach personal choices of sexual lifestyle in schools.
Heidi Ganahl: Misrepresented gender policy for students in high school.
Greg Lopez: Oppose unwarranted, irrational hatred of cops by radicals.
Heidi Ganahl: Reinstate bail, ensure parole board enforces sentences.
Heidi Ganahl: I would fire the parole board, keep the bad guys in jail.
Greg Lopez: Marijuana is an addictive drug and not safe.
Heidi Ganahl: Colorado's experiment with cannabis isn't helping our kids.
Jared Polis: Signed law allowing mass pardon for minor marijuana offenses.
Greg Lopez: Parents want school choice and vocational training; I agree.
Heidi Ganahl: Ensure we are funding our students, not the system.
Heidi Ganahl: Critic: supports "conservative affirmative action" in hiring.
Energy & Oil|
Greg Lopez: Don't close coal mines to remove phantom of climate change.
Heidi Ganahl: We should be producing oil and gas here in Colorado.
Heidi Ganahl: When we talk about water, we have to talk about storage.
Jared Polis: Renegotiate Colorado River Compact via cutbacks in CA/NV/AZ.
Families & Children|
Greg Lopez: Sex Ed Bill is a direct attack on parental rights.
Heidi Ganahl: Address mental health crisis/suicide rates among children.
Greg Lopez: Opposes National Popular Vote interstate compact.
Greg Lopez: Local government important; state should stay out of way.
Greg Lopez: Wants statewide electoral college to choose who's on ballot.
Greg Lopez: State regulators are running amuck, will reduce their number.
Heidi Ganahl: Streamline regulations to help local job creators.
Heidi Ganahl: Clean voter lists and require voter ID to restore confidence.
Greg Lopez: Red Flag bill violates constitutional rights of gun owners.
Heidi Ganahl: Follow Constitution, protect our Second Amendment rights.
Greg Lopez: I believe in free-market health care.
Greg Lopez: No face mask; responds "Do you wear a diaper?".
Greg Lopez: Would take a hands-off approach to health care.
Heidi Ganahl: Opposed legislation creating public health insurance option.
Greg Lopez: Ensure we adequately address the needs of Colorado veterans.
Greg Lopez: Opposes Sanctuary State law forbidding cooperation with ICE.
Heidi Ganahl: Proposed prohibiting hiring based on race or gender.
Principles & Values|
Greg Lopez: A vote for me is a vote for "All of Colorado".
Greg Lopez: I will follow the Code of the West.
Greg Lopez: I do not want to see Colorado become California.
Heidi Ganahl: Founded largest pet care franchise in the world.
Heidi Ganahl: We are being taxed and regulated into oblivion.
Heidi Ganahl: Criticized Facebook donations to 2020 local election offices.
Jared Polis: Infrastructure to allow remote work in rural areas.
Welfare & Poverty|
Heidi Ganahl: Relax state regulations to create more affordable housing.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Greg Lopez Colorado Republican candidate for governor
- Heidi Ganahl Colorado Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Jared Polis Colorado Democratic candidate for Colorado Governor
The above quotations are from 2022 Colorado Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: