Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Iowa Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 IA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Abby Finkenauer (4) Democratic Challenger Iowa
- Ashley Hinson (1) Republican U.S. Rep Iowa-1
- Chuck Grassley (1) Republican Sr Senator Iowa
- Cindy Axne (4) Democrat U.S. Rep Iowa- 3
- Jim Carlin (4) Senate candidate Iowa
- Theresa Greenfield (1) Democratic Senate Challenger Iowa
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Iowa Senate debates and race coverage:
- Carroll Times Herald, "Democratic Senate candidates join labor in its biggest fight," by Douglas Burns, 7/27/21
- Des Moines Register, "Democrat Abby Finkenauer is running for the U.S. Senate seat long held by Chuck Grassley," by Brianne Pfannenstiel, 7/22/21
- CNN Politics, "Abby Finkenauer announces Senate bid in Iowa," by Dan Merica, July 22, 2021
- Bloomberg.com Politics: "Republican Senators Urge Biden to End Trump-Initiated Trade War," by Laura Davison, July 1, 2021
- Indianola Independent-Advocate, "Lack of affordable child care keeping moms out of work," by Cindy Axne, Apr 4, 2021
- Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network, "Axne touts $90 billion rural broadband initiative," by Brent Barnett, March 25, 2021
- Iowa City/Cedar Rapids Little Village News, "State Sen. Jim Carlin, a hardcore Trump supporter, becomes the first declared candidate in the 2022 U.S. Senate race," by Paul Brennan, Feb 16, 2021
- Sioux City Journal, "Carlin calls for election reforms as he enters race for US Senate, potential matchup with Grassley," by Earl Horlyk & Dave Dreeszen, Feb 15, 2021
- Des Moines Register: "Cindy Axne on possible 2022 race for governor or U.S. Senate: 'I'm not going to leave anything off the table'," by Brianne Pfannenstiel, 1.15.21
- BleedingHeartland.com blog, "The perils of outside money," Dec 8 2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jim Carlin: Introduced "bathroom bill" against transgender students.
Jim Carlin: Sponsored bill to restore death penalty in Iowa.
Chuck Grassley: Supports peer-to-peer counseling & privacy for law officers.
Families & Children|
Abby Finkenauer: Better access to child care as infrastructure investment.
Cindy Axne: Double amount allowed for dependent care assistance plans.
Abby Finkenauer: Advisor to "Next 50," increasing youth political engagement.
Jim Carlin: Claimed there was conspiracy to deprive Trump of re-election.
Jim Carlin: Different standards for voting mean we're not equal.
Cindy Axne: Member of Affordable and Accessible Health Care Task Force.
Theresa Greenfield: Said she'd fight drug costs, but Big Pharma donated to her.
Abby Finkenauer: Voted for the PRO (Protecting the Right to Organize) Act.
Principles & Values|
Abby Finkenauer: Since insurrection, GOP has turned its back on democracy.
Ashley Hinson: Getting started in Congress; considering run for Senate.
Cindy Axne: Stop cuts to benefits for current and future retirees.
Cindy Axne: Improve broadband access in rural communities.
The above quotations are from 2022 Iowa Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)