Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Iowa Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 IA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Abby Finkenauer (4) Democrat U.S. Rep Iowa-1
- Ashley Hinson (1) Republican U.S. Rep Iowa-1
- Chuck Grassley (2) Republican Sr Senator Iowa
- Cindy Axne (4) Democrat U.S. Rep Iowa-3
- Jim Carlin (4) Senate candidate Iowa
- Michael Franken (3) Democratic Senate Challenger Iowa
- Theresa Greenfield (1) Democratic Senate Challenger Iowa
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Iowa Senate debates and race coverage:
- Des Moines Register: "Chuck Grassley, Mike Franken clash on abortion, inflation in US Senate debate," by Stephen Gruber-Miller, 10/6/22, (Link)
- KPVI, "Franken Stumps in Fayette", June 2022
- Carroll Times Herald, "Democratic Senate candidates join labor in its biggest fight," by Douglas Burns, 7/27/21
- Des Moines Register, "Democrat Abby Finkenauer is running for the U.S. Senate seat long held by Chuck Grassley," by Brianne Pfannenstiel, 7/22/21
- CNN Politics, "Abby Finkenauer announces Senate bid in Iowa," by Dan Merica, July 22, 2021
- Bloomberg.com Politics: "Republican Senators Urge Biden to End Trump-Initiated Trade War," by Laura Davison, July 1, 2021
- Indianola Independent-Advocate, "Lack of affordable child care keeping moms out of work," by Cindy Axne, Apr 4, 2021
- Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network, "Axne touts $90 billion rural broadband initiative," by Brent Barnett, March 25, 2021
- Iowa City/Cedar Rapids Little Village News, "State Sen. Jim Carlin, a hardcore Trump supporter, becomes the first declared candidate in the 2022 U.S. Senate race," by Paul Brennan, Feb 16, 2021
- Sioux City Journal, "Carlin calls for election reforms as he enters race for US Senate, potential matchup with Grassley," by Earl Horlyk & Dave Dreeszen, Feb 15, 2021
- Des Moines Register: "Cindy Axne on possible 2022 race for governor or U.S. Senate: 'I'm not going to leave anything off the table'," by Brianne Pfannenstiel, 1.15.21
- BleedingHeartland.com blog, "The perils of outside money," Dec 8 2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Chuck Grassley: No national abortion ban, but state bans are ok.
Michael Franken: Codify Roe v. Wade into law.
Jim Carlin: Introduced "bathroom bill" against transgender students.
Chuck Grassley: Supports peer-to-peer counseling & privacy for law officers.
Jim Carlin: Sponsored bill to restore death penalty in Iowa.
Families & Children|
Abby Finkenauer: Better access to child care as infrastructure investment.
Cindy Axne: Double amount allowed for dependent care assistance plans.
Abby Finkenauer: Advisor to "Next 50," increasing youth political engagement.
Jim Carlin: Different standards for voting mean we're not equal.
Jim Carlin: Claimed there was conspiracy to deprive Trump of re-election.
Cindy Axne: Member of Affordable and Accessible Health Care Task Force.
Theresa Greenfield: Said she'd fight drug costs, but Big Pharma donated to her.
Abby Finkenauer: Voted for the PRO (Protecting the Right to Organize) Act.
Principles & Values|
Abby Finkenauer: Since insurrection, GOP has turned its back on democracy.
Ashley Hinson: Getting started in Congress; considering run for Senate.
Cindy Axne: Stop cuts to benefits for current and future retirees.
Cindy Axne: Improve broadband access in rural communities.
War & Peace|
Michael Franken: Biden's doing the right thing on Ukraine.
Welfare & Poverty|
Michael Franken: Reduce inflation without catering to corporations.
The above quotations are from 2022 Iowa Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Grassley up for re-election in 2022:
Incumbent Chuck Grassley(R)
vs.State Sen. Jim Carlin(R,lost primary)
vs.Former U.S. Rep IA-1 Abby Finkenauer(D,lost primary)
Former Senators & Senate races:
2020 Iowa Senate debates:
2016 Iowa Senate debates, Grassley vs.Judge
2014 Iowa Senate debates, Ernst vs. Braley
2010 Iowa Senate debates, Grassley vs. Conlin
2008 Iowa Senate debate, Harkin vs. Reed