Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Illinois Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 IL Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Darren Bailey (6) Illinois Republican challenger for Governor
- J.B. Pritzker (5) Illinois Democratic Illinois Governor
- Jesse Sullivan (3) Illinois Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Paul Schimpf (7) Illinois Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Richard Irvin (15) Illinois Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Illinois Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- AdWatch in 2022 Illinois Gubernatorial race: JB Pritzker for Governor: "Too Extreme", 7/22/2022
- CNN: Transcript of "State of the Union": Interview With Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D-IL), moderated by Jake Tapper, July 10, 2022, (Link)
- WLS (ABC-7), "Illinois governor candidate Richard Irvin promises to repeal criminal justice reforms," by Craig Wall, June 2, 2022
- WGN, "Mayor Richard Irvin will not participate in Aurora Pride Parade," by Alyssa Donovan & Melissa Espana, Jun 1, 2022
- Daily Herald, "Richard Irvin: 2022 candidate for Illinois Governor," 5/28/2022
- Capitol News, "GOP field talks Trump, Biden, CRT, abortion and more," by Jerry Nowicki, May 26, 2022
- The State Journal-Register, "Illinois GOP governor candidates cite mental health as core issue in gun debate," by Andrew Adams, May 25, 2022
- Chicago Sun Times, "Irvin more elusive than lesser known rivals Schimpf and Solomon," by Tina Sfondeles, May 24, 2022
- WTTW, "GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Richard Irvin Called Donald Trump 'Idiot,' 'Bigoted Racist,' Text Messages Show." by Paris Schutz, May 13, 2022
- City Journal, "A Summer of Blackouts?," by Steven Malanga, May 11, 2022
- WBEZ, "Illinois gubernatorial candidate Richard Irvin dodges questions on a federal abortion ban," by Dave McKinney, May 9, 2022
- Chicago Sun Times "GOP governor candidate Jesse Sullivan should stop digging holes he'll eventually have to fill himself," by Rich Miller, Sep 17, 2021
- WPSD Local NBC-6, "2 nuclear plants saved in energy plan set to go to Pritzker," Sep 13, 2021
- WCIA, "GOP newcomer with billionaire backing calls to 'moderate these crazy extremes' in bid for Governor," by Mark Maxwell, Sep 12, 2021
- The Chicago Sun-Times, "Republican Bailey's message to Chicago evolves from get lost to I'll 'make Chicago the great city that it should be'," by Andrew Sullender, May 25, 2021
- Central Illinois Proud, "Sen. Darren Bailey Looks to Become Illinois Next Governor," by Matt Sheehan, Mar 29, 2021
- Quad City Times, "Q-C Visit: Paul Schimpf Announces Run for Governor," by Sarah Hayden, Feb 15, 2021
- Meet the Press interview of J. B. Pritzker, March 15, 2020
- Townhall.com blog, "Leftist Governor Says Illinois Is 'A Beacon Of Hope' For Legalizing Partial-Birth Abortion," by Timothy Meads, Jun 12, 2019
- Guns.com, "Illinois: Bill to Allow More Apprentice Hunting Heads to Governor," by Chris Eger, 06/07/2019
- Belleville News-Democrat, "Illinois Senate passes Reproductive Health Act amid ongoing abortion debate," by Joseph Bustos, June 01, 2019
- WMBD / CentralIllinoisProud.com, "Paul Schimpf looks to win Republican nomination," by Matt Sheehan, Mar 3, 2021
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Darren Bailey: Abortion.
J.B. Pritzker: Illinois is most progressive in nation for reproductive care.
J.B. Pritzker: AdWatch: My opponent compares abortion to WWII Holocaust.
Jesse Sullivan: Pro-life, let's try to reduce the number of abortions.
Paul Schimpf: Opposed "radical" Reproductive Health Act.
Richard Irvin: Pro-choice only for rape, incest, health and life of mother.
J.B. Pritzker: This should be a right that is a constitutional right.
Budget & Economy|
Darren Bailey: We're going to demand a zero-based budget.
Paul Schimpf: We need to get our spending under control, top priority.
Richard Irvin: Rein in government spending; cut taxes; balance the budget.
J.B. Pritzker: Lengthened hours of early voting, have mail balloting.
Paul Schimpf: Opposes Black Lives Matter.
Richard Irvin: All lives matter; black lives are included in all lives.
Richard Irvin: May not understand "Adam and Steve" but recognizes rights.
Richard Irvin: As mayor he defeated the local 'Defund the Police' movement.
Richard Irvin: Would repeal criminal justice reforms; restore cash bail.
Richard Irvin: State funding of public education is key to success.
Energy & Oil|
Paul Schimpf: Opposed energy bill as "environmental virtue signaling".
Richard Irvin: Opposes radical total phase-out of fossil fuel power plants.
Jesse Sullivan: Biden won in 2020, but we need to fix trust in elections.
Paul Schimpf: People fleeing from taxes, excessive government regulations.
Richard Irvin: For term limits, against gerrymandering.
Paul Schimpf: Sponsored bill expanding apprentice hunting program.
Richard Irvin: Supports background checks; fix Firearm Owners ID system.
J.B. Pritzker: We need to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
Richard Irvin: If elected, Illinois will not be a sanctuary state.
Principles & Values|
Darren Bailey: No longer thinks Chicago should break away from state.
Darren Bailey: Platform: restore moral and financial integrity to the state.
Darren Bailey: He is praying on who should be his Lt. Governor.
Paul Schimpf: A duty to serve your country, your state, and your community.
Richard Irvin: Objects to Pride Parade not allowing police in uniform.
Darren Bailey: Certifying 2020 election is tantamount to legitimizing fraud.
Richard Irvin: Modernize state pension system, reduce pension liabilities.
Richard Irvin: Will fight to cut taxes, get property tax relief.
Richard Irvin: I hate what Trump stands for, but delivered tax cuts.
War & Peace|
Jesse Sullivan: Accused of embellishing his service in Afghanistan.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Darren Bailey Illinois Republican challenger for Governor
- J.B. Pritzker Illinois Democratic Illinois Governor
- Jesse Sullivan Illinois Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Paul Schimpf Illinois Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Richard Irvin Illinois Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
The above quotations are from 2022 Illinois Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: