Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Arizona Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 AZ Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Mick McGuire (8) Republican Senate Challenger Arizona
- Blake Masters (14) Republican Challenger Arizona
- Doug Ducey (1) Arizona Republican Governor
- Jim Lamon (21) Republican Challenger Arizona
- Justin Olson (16) Republican Challenger for Senate Arizona
- Kelli Ward (2) Republican candidate for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
- Kyrsten Sinema (2) Democrat U.S. Rep Arizona-9
- Mark Brnovich (20) Republican Challenger Arizona
- Mark Kelly (2) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Arizona
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Arizona Senate debates and race coverage:
- The Arizona Republic, "The Senate debate between Kelly, Masters was intense. Will it matter? Here are 4 takeaways," by Ronald J. Hansen, 10/7/22 (Link)
- CNN: Transcript of "State of the Union": Interview With Sen. Mark Kelly (D-AZ). moderated by Jake Tapper, August 21, 2022, (Link)
- ABC15 Arizona News, "Another controversial campaign ad from Jim Lamon debuts in Valley," by Mark Phillips, Feb 14, 2022
- Arizona Republic," US Senate candidate Jim Lamon explains why he falsely claimed to be an Arizona elector," by Richard Ruelas, 1/30/22
- Snopes/OnTheIssues interviews for legislators who missed votes on the January 6th Scorecard, 1/6/22
- The Daily Signal, "16 Attorneys General File Amicus Brief Supporting Masterpiece Cakeshop Owner Jack Phillips," by Mary Margaret Olohan, November 19, 2021
- Fox News, "Gen. Mick McGuire on 'Fox & Friends': The radical left is 'tearing this country apart'," by Joshua Q. Nelson, Oct. 14, 2021
- Tucson Weekly, "The GOP candidates running for Senate next year want to end abortion in the United States," by Jim Nintzel, October 07, 2021
- The Stanford Review, "The Review Interviews Blake Masters," 28 Sep 2021
- KTAR 92.3 FM, "Arizona GOP Senate candidate opposes accepting Afghan refugees," by Associated Press, Sep 16, 2021
- Newsweek, "Blake Masters, Arizona GOP Senate Candidate, Rails Against 'Anti-White Racism'," by Jack Dutton, 8/10/21
- FOX News, 'Sunday Morning Futures' on Texas voting bill, July 25, 2021
- FOX News, "To defeat critical race theory, hold tight to Constitution, Declaration of Independence," by Mark Brnovich, July 22, 2021
- CNN, "2020 election becomes early dividing line for Republicans in crucial 2022 Senate race in Arizona," by Alex Rogers and Michael Warren, July 17, 2021
- Fox News, "Arizona AG slams Biden's 'shameful' and inaccurate rhetoric on GOP election laws," 7/17/21
- The Week, "Peter Thiel's implausible populists," by Samuel Goldman, July 15, 2021
- FOX 10 Phoenix, "Blake Masters launches GOP run against Arizona Senator Mark Kelly," by Jonathan J. Cooper, July 13, 2021
- Fox News, "Hannity on Biden's speech, voting measures," July 13, 2021
- Washington Examiner, "Reject David Chipman's nomination to lead ATF," by Mark Brnovich [AZ AG] & Patrick Morrisey [WV AG], July 13, 2021
- Politico.com, "Thiel ally's entrance kicks off protracted GOP Senate fight in Arizona," by James Arkin, 07/12/2021
- The Hill, "Thiel ally Blake Masters launches Arizona Senate bid," by Tal Axelrod, 07/12/21
- The Arizona Republic, "Blake Masters enters GOP Senate race, saying age, political experience 'overrated'," by Yvonne Wingett Sanchez, 7/12/21
- U.S. Term Limits press release, "Jim Lamon Pledges to Support Term Limits on Congress," July 1, 2021
- KNAU Arizona Public Radio, "Solar Executive Is 1st GOP Candidate In Arizona Senate Race," May 4, 2021
- CNN K-File, "Murkowski challenger wrote in support of 'ex-gay' organization and posts on evils of 'addictive' witchcraft and 'Twilight'," by Em Steck and Andrew Kaczynski, April 27, 2021
- Anchorage Daily News, "I'm a candidate for U.S. Senate because I'm running for Alaska," by Kelly Tshibaka, March 30, 2021
- KJZZ 91.5-FM, "Arizona AG Wants To Use Stimulus Package For Tax Breaks Despite Provision Barring It," by Jill Ryan, March 26, 2021
- Arizona Republic: "Doug Ducey vs. Kelli Ward for the Senate in '22? That would be epic. But it won't happen," Laurie Roberts, 12/11/2020
- CNN, "Arizona GOP chair encourages anti-stay-at-home protesters to dress like health care workers," by Veronica Stracqualursi, April 28, 2020
- Arizona Republic, "Whoa. Attorney General Mark Brnovich wants to legalize marijuana," by Laurie Roberts, 7/23/19
- Columbus Dispatch on Ohio Senate Bill 1, on fentanyl-related offenses, (John Kasich), 8/1/2018
- Time Magazine, "A Coal Executive Switched to Building Solar Plants. Now He's Worried Trump Will Hurt His Business," by Justin Worland, January 11, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Blake Masters: Absolutely no abortions; I think it's demonic.
Jim Lamon: Stop taxpayer funding of abortions, local and international.
Justin Olson: 100% Pro-Life voting record, defunded Planned Parenthood.
Mark Brnovich: Argued to overturn Roe v. Wade, Planned Parenthood v. Casey.
Mark Brnovich: As Attorney General, weighed in on a dozen pro-life cases.
Mick McGuire: Congress must end funding relating to abortion.
Mark Kelly: Men shouldn't make decisions about women and abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Blake Masters: Need to invest in infrastructure, but against bloated bill.
Jim Lamon: Will never sign up for an increase in the Federal Budget.
Justin Olson: Decrease the size, scope and reach of the federal government.
Mark Brnovich: Wants to use stimulus money for state tax breaks.
Blake Masters: Highlights opposition to critical race theory.
Mark Brnovich: Refusal to make gender transition cake is protected speech.
Mark Brnovich: Critical race theory is threatening neo-Marxist idea.
Blake Masters: Big corporations think they're bigger than America.
Jim Lamon: Guarantee law enforcement qualified immunity.
Justin Olson: Strong supporter of law enforcement professionals.
Mark Brnovich: Legislature should legalize marijuana rather than initiative.
Mark Brnovich: States lead on marijuana; feds need to get out of the way.
Blake Masters: Schools are indoctrinating students with anti-white racism.
Jim Lamon: Empower parents to oversee content of teaching materials.
Justin Olson: Critical race theory is harmful divisive ideology.
Justin Olson: Support parents using tax dollars for private schools.
Mark Brnovich: Sued to strike down in-state tuition for DACA recipients.
Mark Brnovich: Give religious schools equal access to choice tax credits.
Mark Brnovich: Give religious schools access to school choice tax credits.
Mark Brnovich: Complaint filed by Board of Regents for conflict of interest.
Energy & Oil|
Jim Lamon: When facts are laid out, it's clear coal is not coming back.
Jim Lamon: Close the Department of Energy, eliminate bureaucratic drag.
Justin Olson: Opposed boosting renewable energy as too costly.
Justin Olson: Enact policies that don't negatively affect the economy.
Mark Brnovich: Challenged carbon regulations as "back door Green New Deal".
Mark Kelly: Inflation Reduction Act lets us create renewable energy.
Families & Children|
Mark Brnovich: Combat the serious problem of elder abuse.
Jim Lamon: Tariff goods coming from China, India and other countries.
Justin Olson: Teach the importance of free markets and capitalism.
Kyrsten Sinema: Opposed trade with Malaysia: they imprison LGBT people.
Blake Masters: Supports audit of 2020 Arizona votes: lacked transparency.
Blake Masters: Democrats want to federal elections so GOP can't win.
Jim Lamon: Supported Arizona audit of 2020 election votes.
Jim Lamon: Signed pledge to support term limits on Congress.
Jim Lamon: Signed document falsely claiming to be presidential elector.
Jim Lamon: National mandatory voter ID, signature verification.
Jim Lamon: Congress must continue to cut taxes and needless regulation.
Justin Olson: Support election integrity reforms like voter ID.
Justin Olson: I voted for election integrity, ban ballot harvesting.
Mark Brnovich: Criticism of GOP election laws divisive, not true.
Mark Brnovich: Time, place and manner statutes on elections are valid.
Mick McGuire: Acknowledged that Biden is "duly elected" president.
Jim Lamon: I will support free speech, the 2nd Amendment.
Justin Olson: Earned an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association.
Mark Brnovich: Oppose David Chipman, activist for gun control, to lead ATF.
Mick McGuire: The right to bear arms is not optional and not up for debate.
Jim Lamon: Redesign or eliminate Obamacare for more efficiency.
Justin Olson: No COVID vaccine mandate for state regulated utilities.
Mark Brnovich: Filed first lawsuit against national COVID vaccine mandate.
Mark Brnovich: Fighting illegal and unconstitutional COVID-19 mandates.
Mick McGuire: For restoring tuition reimbursement for National Guard.
Jim Lamon: United States should not accept Afghan refugees.
Jim Lamon: Rescind all Chinese Visas, end birthright citizenship.
Justin Olson: Finish the wall; verify immigration status for jobs.
Mick McGuire: No border, no security; No security, no country.
Blake Masters: Drugs and crime are just pouring over the border.
Jim Lamon: I will work to eliminate the right to strike for teachers.
Principles & Values|
Blake Masters: Being a conventional politician is sort of overrated.
Blake Masters: For patriotic education, mourns loss of American optimism.
Blake Masters: Describes himself as an American first conservative.
Blake Masters: America is still the best nation in the world.
Doug Ducey: Certified Biden victory in AZ; then named GOP Governor chair.
Jim Lamon: AdWatch: shootout with Biden, Pelosi, Kelly.
Jim Lamon: Our rights don't come from government, they come from God.
Justin Olson: Committed to confirming conservative justices.
Justin Olson: My faith is critical to me and a big part of who I am.
Kelli Ward: Urged anti-closure protestors to dress as health workers.
Kelli Ward: Filed lawsuits to overturn Biden victory over Trump in AZ.
Kyrsten Sinema: Took oath of office on Constitution, not Bible.
Mark Brnovich: Church attendance is clearly an "essential activity".
Mick McGuire: America is the greatest country in the history of the world.
Mick McGuire: Will always oppose infringement of our constitutional rights.
Mick McGuire: The radical left is tearing this country apart.
Blake Masters: The 2020 election wasn't free or fair: I think Trump won.
Jim Lamon: Give workers the option of Universal Savings Accounts.
Justin Olson: We need fiscal responsibility, lower taxes, economic growth.
Mark Brnovich: Let states use COVID relief money for cutting state taxes.
Blake Masters: Government should better regulate big tech companies.
War & Peace|
Jim Lamon: Congress should have a say in the decision to go to war.
The above quotations are from 2022 Arizona Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Kelly (special election in 2020) up for re-election in 2022; Senate debates:
Incumbent Mark Kelly(D)
vs.Challenger Blake Masters(R,nominee)
vs.Justin Olson (R)
vs.CEO Jim Lamon(R)
vs.A.G. Mark Brnovich(R)
Former Senators & Senate races:
2020 Arizona Senate debate,
2018 Arizona Senate debate,
2016 Arizona Senate debates, McCain vs.Kirkpatrick
McCain authored: Why Courage Matters
2012 Arizona Senate debates, Carmona vs. Flake
2010 Arizona Senate debates, Hayworth vs. McCain
2006 Arizona Senate debate, Kyl vs. Pederson
2004 Arizona Senate debate, McCain vs. Starky
Sen. Jon Kyl (R, retired 2012)