Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 North Carolina Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 NC Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Cheri Beasley (5) Democratic Challenger North Carolina
- Erica Smith (3) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger North Carolina
- Jeff Jackson (6) Democrat U.S. Rep North Carolina-14
- Marjorie K. Eastman (2) Republican Senate Challenger North Carolina
- Mark Walker (5) Republican House Member U.S. Rep North Carolina-6
- Pat McCrory (14) North Carolina Republican Governor
- Rett Newton (2) Democratic Challenger North Carolina
- Ted Budd (11) Republican U.S. Rep North Carolina-13
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 North Carolina Senate debates and race coverage:
- The News & Observer, "Rett Newton, candidate for US Senate," by Danielle Battaglia, April 26, 2022
- FOX News, "Afghanistan and Iraq combat veteran launches Republican Senate bid in North Carolina," by Paul Steinhauser, Oct. 5, 2021
- WFAE, "Jeff Jackson Campaigns For Marijuana Legalization, But Is Less Involved With Legalization Legislation," by Steve Harrison, September 18, 2021
- The Enterprise, "Keep middle-class tax cut to boost NC families," by Cheri Beasley,August 1, 2021
- The Seahawk podcast, "Here are North Carolina's candidates running for the Senate in 2022," by Brenna Flanagan, July 15, 2021
- Wautauga Democrat, "U.S. Senate candidate Jeff Jackson visits Boone as part of 100-county tour," by Moss Brennan, Jul 1, 2021
- Richmond County Daily Journal, "Senate candidate visits Richmond County, talks priorities," by Matthew Sasser, June 4, 2021
- Carteret County News-Times, "Oceana forms business coalition to address environmental threats," by Mike Shutak, Jun 2, 2021
- Fox News, "Republican Ted Budd jumps into NC Senate race, taking aim at 'the radical left'," by Paul Steinhauser, 4/28/21
- The Times-News, "'People see something different in what we're doing': US Senate candidate Jeff Jackson makes case," by Isaac Groves, April 27, 2021
- Politico.com, "Ted Budd launches Senate bid in North Carolina," by James Arkin, 04/28/2021
- CNN.com, "First Black woman to be North Carolina Supreme Court chief justice announces Senate bid," by Alex Rogers, April 27, 2021
- The Raleigh News-Observer, "Former NC chief justice Cheri Beasley joins US Senate race. Here's who else is running," by Brian Murphy, April 27, 2021
- The NCSU Technician, "McCrory would not represent students in the U.S. Senate," by Noah Jabusch, Apr 19, 2021
- The Charlotte Observer, "Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory announces bid for US Senate seat in 2022," by Brian Murphy & Theoden Janes, April 14, 2021
- The Charlotte Observer, "As McCrory returns to political arena, transgender rights debates again at the fore," by Brian Murphy, April 14, 2021
- CNN.com, "Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory will soon launch Senate campaign," by Alex Rogers and Ryan Nobles, April 12, 2021
- Coastal Review Online, "Beaufort Mayor Announces Senate Run," 04/06/2021
- JD Supra Law News, "Renewed Attempt at ADA Web Accessibility Legislation," by Kristina Launey, April 1, 2021
- KMJ NOW News Talk Radio, "Rep. Ted Budd to Newsmax TV: Infrastructure Bill a Trojan Horse for Green New Deal," April 2021
- WFAE 90.7 NPR, "Fact Check: Rep. Ted Budd 'False' In Claiming Federal Bill Would Allow Minors To Vote," by Marshall Terry, 3/17/2021
- WFMY-2 News Greensboro , "Former U.S. Representative Mark Walker weighs in on chaos at the Capitol," by Alma McCarty, January 7, 2021
- The Asheville Citizen-Times, "Departing NC Chief Justice Cheri Beasley unveils panel to examine bias," by Gary D. Robertson, Dec. 30, 2020
- The Hill e-zine, "Rep. Mark Walker announces Senate bid in North Carolina," by Max Greenwood, 12/01/20
- Politico.com, "Mark Walker launches 2022 Senate bid in North Carolina," by James Arkin, 12/01/2020
- The American Prospect, "What Went Wrong in North Carolina?," by Alexander Sammon, November 30, 2020
- The Charlotte Post, "Why didn't more Black women candidates win in North Carolina?," by Kirsten Johnson, November 29, 2020
- N.C. Policy Watch blog, "Like Trump, former Gov. Pat McCrory blamed non-existent fraud for his 2016 loss," by Joe Killian, 11/25/2020
- PublicSeminar.org FactCheck: "Fox News Accidentally Reveals the Horrible Truth About Republicans," by John Stoehr, July 9, 2020
- The Charlotte Observer, "Former Gov Pat McCrory on COVID-19, prep sports, his biggest regret, George Floyd protests," by Langston Wertz Jr., June 04, 2020
- The Raleigh News-Observer, "Emotional NC Supreme Court chief says racism, prejudice 'stubbornly persist' in courts," by Josh Shaffer and Will Doran, June 02, 2020
- Salisbury Post, "NC Chief Justice Cheri Beasley talks about court's goals," by Liz Moomey, January 12, 2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Marjorie K. Eastman: I'm pro-life; I'm pro-Second Amendment.
Pat McCrory: Promote sanctity of life, religious freedom.
Rett Newton: States would need to enact legislation if Roe overturned.
Budget & Economy|
Pat McCrory: Creating jobs, cutting taxes, spending smarter.
Cheri Beasley: Acknowledged enduring racial inequalities in judicial system.
Erica Smith: We don't have an agenda for addressing minority concerns.
Pat McCrory: Signed anti-transgender "bathroom bill" into law.
Pat McCrory: Identity politics has gone too far, especially on the left.
Ted Budd: Racist policies due to Democrats; GOP brings people together.
Cheri Beasley: Bail reform shows promising results in pilot programs.
Mark Walker: Support law enforcement, criminal justice reform.
Pat McCrory: No sanctuary cities, support police, election security.
Pat McCrory: Disturbing thing about protests is anarchists in the crowd.
Pat McCrory: We're always going to have some imperfect police officers.
Ted Budd: That whole defund the police thing is crazy.
Cheri Beasley: Drug treatment courts part of solution to substance abuse.
Jeff Jackson: Drug courts give leverage to helping addicts get clean.
Jeff Jackson: Sky doesn't fall when taking regulatory approach on cannabis.
Rett Newton: For medical marijuana, addiction an issue for legalization.
Pat McCrory: 2015: For budget cuts, tuition increases at state schools.
Mark Walker: Has championed school choice; empower parents and students.
Ted Budd: Member of the Home School Legal Defense Association.
Energy & Oil|
Pat McCrory: Supported offshore drilling off North Carolina's coast.
Ted Budd: Infrastructure bill is Trojan horse for Green New Deal.
Pat McCrory: Oversaw decline of Department of Environmental Quality.
Marjorie K. Eastman: I believe in term limits; two terms and I'm out.
Pat McCrory: Blamed election loss on massive voter fraud without proof.
Ted Budd: Deregulate small businesses strangled by big government.
Ted Budd: Falsely claimed bill would allow minors to vote.
Jeff Jackson: NRA is a morally, financially bankrupt organization.
Ted Budd: Lifetime NRA member; owns gun range and store.
Jeff Jackson: More funding for mental health including in schools.
Mark Walker: Improve care and service to veterans.
Pat McCrory: Invest in military, protect veterans, defend rights.
Jeff Jackson: No blanket amnesty, but bring people out of shadows.
Principles & Values|
Cheri Beasley: Washington responding only to well-connected needs to end.
Cheri Beasley: First black female chief justice of state Supreme Court.
Erica Smith: I earned my stripes; paid my dues; played by the rules.
Erica Smith: Black women come from hard work; should have more value.
Mark Walker: A record of being both a conservative and a bridge builder.
Pat McCrory: How do we leave this place better than when we arrived?
Pat McCrory: Impeachment: would have voted against convicting Trump.
Ted Budd: Running to stop US from becoming woke, socialist wasteland.
Ted Budd: Biden is president, but "constitutional concerns" about 2020.
Mark Walker: Cut taxes for middle income families, for balanced budget.
Ted Budd: Endorsed by Club for Growth; against tax increases.
Jeff Jackson: Broadband internet access is most important infrastructure.
Ted Budd: Co-sponsored bill to make websites and apps ADA compliant.
The above quotations are from 2022 North Carolina Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Burr retiring in 2022:
Incumbent Richard Burr(R,retiring)
vs.Challenger Ted Budd(R)
vs.Justice Cheri Beasley(D)
vs.U.S.Rep. Mark Walker(R,lost primary)
vs.Gov. Pat McCrory(R,lost primary)
vs.Mayor of Beaufort Rett Newton(D,lost primary)
vs.State Sen. Erica Smith(D,ran for House instead)
vs.Marjorie K. Eastman(R,lost primary)
Former Senators & Senate races:
2020 North Carolina Senate debates:
vs. Garland Tucker(R)
vs. Sandy Smith(R)
2016 North Carolina Senate debates, Burr vs.Ross vs.Haugh
2014 North Carolina Senate debates, Tillis vs. Hagan
2010 North Carolina Senate debate, Marshall vs. Cunningham
2008 N.C. Senate debate, Dole vs. Hagan
2004 N.C. Senate debate, Bowles vs. Burr
Former Sen. John Edwards authored: Four Trials