Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2019-20 Georgia 2-year Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2019-20 GA special Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Jason Carter (5) Georgia Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Matt Lieberman (11) Democratic challenger for 2-year special election Georgia
- Michelle Nunn (3) Former Democratic Challenger Georgia
- Tom Price (18) Georgia Secretary of Health and Human Services-2017
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Georgia special 2-year seat 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Senator Johnny Isakson announced that he will resign from the Senate at the end of 2019, due to health problems.
The November 2020 election for Isakson's replacement will seat a Senator for the remaining two years of Isakson's term.
The November 2020 election also features the regularly-scheduled election for Georgia Senator David Perdue's seat -- the winner of that race will serve a 6-year term.
- (More citations and excerpts to follow when available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Matt Lieberman: In campaign announcement, came out as pro-choice.
Tom Price: Co-sponsored Right to Life Act, protecting zygotes.
Tom Price: For Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.
Tom Price: Opposed to free birth control on religious grounds.
Tom Price: Would allow firing workers for birth control, abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Tom Price: Stimulus package favors Democratic projects.
Tom Price: Deficits created by stimulus threatens economic stability.
Matt Lieberman: Concerned with "problems" in voting.
Matt Lieberman: We need a Voting Rights Act for the 21st century.
Tom Price: Against LGBT rights, same-sex marriage.
Tom Price: Would allow LGBT discrimination under civil rights laws.
Michelle Nunn: Equality, ending gender-based violence can transform world.
Tom Price: Supports football coaches proselytizing at high school.
Tom Price: Criticized for comments on opioid addiction treatment.
Tom Price: Opposes needle exchange programs.
Tom Price: Co-signs support letter to free states to act on marijuana.
Tom Price: Allow state agencies to control Head Start funding.
Energy & Oil|
Matt Lieberman: Net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
Matt Lieberman: We should be sticking by our allies.
Michelle Nunn: Trade impacting international cooperation on other issues.
Matt Lieberman: Protect voters whose rights are endangered by local laws.
Tom Price: Healthcare regulation leading some to leave the field.
Tom Price: Regulators should be teammates and allies to business.
Matt Lieberman: In campaign announcement, came out as pro-gun control.
Matt Lieberman: For assault rifle ban & background checks.
Tom Price: Gun ownership protects those at scene of crime.
Jason Carter: Let local communities decide if teachers can be armed.
Matt Lieberman: Expand ObamaCare; add public option.
Tom Price: Forced out of HHS for travel expenses.
Jason Carter: ObamaCare a "mess" that needs fixing.
Michelle Nunn: Un-American travel ban hurts refugees & US standing in world.
Principles & Values|
Matt Lieberman: Will "err on the side of propriety".
Jason Carter: Comfortable talking about his religious faith.
Tom Price: Supports major cutbacks to Social Security.
Jason Carter: Step up investment in pursuing tax cheats.
Jason Carter: Discuss regional sales tax to deal with local issues.
War & Peace|
Matt Lieberman: Iran nuclear deal could have been better.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Jason Carter Georgia Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Matt Lieberman Democratic challenger for 2-year special election Georgia
- Michelle Nunn Former Democratic Challenger Georgia
- Tom Price Georgia Secretary of Health and Human Services-2017
The above quotations are from 2019-20 Georgia 2-year Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)