Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Montana Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 MT Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- John Driscoll (4) Republican Senate Challenger Montana
- John Mues (2) Democratic Senate Challenger Montana
- Matt Rosendale (4) Republican candidate for Montana U. S. Senator Montana
- Steve Bullock (13) Montana Democratic Montana Governor
- Steve Daines (4) Republican Senate challenger Montana
- Susan Good Geise (7) Libertarian Senate Challenger Montana
- Wilmot Collins (13) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Montana
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Montana 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Missoulian, "Daines, Bullock spar in Senate debate," by Gwen Florio, Sep 28, 2020
- KULR-8 NBC-TV, "Governor Steve Bullock to visit with Bozeman health officials," by Noah Schmick, Jul 7, 2020
- The Nation newsmagazine, "Can This Montana Governor Deliver the Senate to the Democrats?," by Gabriel Furshong, July 6, 2020
- The Sidney Herald, "Grants support Veterans' suicide prevention," Jul 5, 2020
- KTVH NBC-TV-Helena, "Supreme Court says Montana can't exclude religious schools from scholarship program," by M.Dennison, 6/30/20
- KTVH NBC-TV-Helena, "Montana lawmakers get update on Native American voting in all-mail primary," by Jonathon Ambarian, Jun 26, 2020
- KTVH NBC-TV-Helena, "Bullock, Daines prepare for epic Senate battle--by aiming for the center," by Mike Dennison, Jun 22, 2020
- The Ekalaka Eagle, "Bullock announces $8.7 million in emergency grants to education entities," June 19, 2020
- The Great Falls Tribune, "Bullock has 'grave concerns' over use of federal military to halt protests," by Phil Drake, June 5, 2020
- Great Falls Tribune, "Long Shots in Montana's U.S. Senate Race Offer Choices to Voters," by Phil Drake, 5/15/2020
- News Talk KGVO 98.3 FM & 1290 AM, "Democrat Senate Candidate John Mues wants to Unseat Steve Daines," 4/28/2020
- Choteau Acantha, "Geise files for U.S. Senate as a Libertarian," 4/28/2020
- The Missoulian, "Republican Senate Candidate Driscoll Answers 3 Questions," 4/15/2020
- NewsBreak.com and MontanaRightNow.com, "Lewis and Clark Co. to hold June primaries via mail ballot", 3/31/2020
- Independent Record, "Lewis and Clark County Commissioner Geise to run for U.S. Senate as Libertarian," by Tom Kuglin, 3/18/2020
- The Great Falls Tribune, "Bullock says Trump wall jeopardizing MANG C-130 upgrades," by Phil Drake, Feb. 24, 2020
- The Missoulian, "Veterans Day: Honoring the Heritage of American Heroes," Editorial by John Mues, 11/10/2019
- The Missoulian, "2 Montana cities split on partisan election question," by Holly K. Michels, 11/6/2019
- Sand Mountain Reporter, "In Montana, A Liberian Refugee Mounts a U.S. Senate Challenge," by Kirk Siegler, 10/9/19
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection 2020: Survey responses by Wilmot Collins, September 2019
- Helena Independent Record, "Young and old gather in Helena to call for climate change action," by Tyler Manning, 9/20/19
- Billings Gazette, "Background checks will keep Montana kids, families safe," by Wilmot Collins, Sep 13, 2019
- Great Falls Tribune, "Mues Engers U.S. Senate Race." by Phil Drake, 7/11/2019
- NBC MT/KECI, "Know Your Candidates: Matt Rosendale," 5/21/2018
- Great Falls Tribune,"U.S. Senate Candidate Profile: Matt Rosendale," by Phil Drake, 5/21/2018
- Religion News Service, "Montana lawmakers denounce plans for neo-Nazi rally," December 28, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Steve Bullock: COVID-19: Gave counties option to switch to all-mail ballots.
Wilmot Collins: Go further than Overturning Citizens United decision.
Wilmot Collins: I'm an American; I served this country honorably.
Steve Daines: No safe haven for neo-Nazi white nationalists.
Steve Bullock: Defended state limit on corporate campaign donations.
Susan Good Geise: Consistently for legalization of marijuana.
Steve Bullock: No tax credits for religious schools.
Wilmot Collins: Child's education should be determined by where they grew up.
Energy & Oil|
Steve Bullock: Opposed Obama's halting coal mine leasing on Federal land.
Wilmot Collins: Believe in science; save planet from climate catastrophe.
Wilmot Collins: Take bold actions to reduce our carbon footprint.
Steve Bullock: Expanded fishing rights regardless of streambed ownership.
Matt Rosendale: More local management for healthy forests; fewer fires.
Wilmot Collins: Fight to keep markets open for family farmers.
Matt Rosendale: China is a cheater; need fairer free trade deal.
Susan Good Geise: Wants to stop influence of dark money on elections.
John Driscoll: Big focus on limiting donations to campaigns.
Susan Good Geise: Mail-in ballots allow everyone to vote.
Susan Good Geise: Stop the partisan circus in county elections.
Matt Rosendale: D.C. corrupts; commits to serving only two terms.
Wilmot Collins: Supports background checks & red flag laws.
Steve Bullock: Passed Medicaid expansion with bipartisan support.
Steve Bullock: COVID: don't like masks but need to let science drive this.
Steve Daines: Repeal Obamacare; protect those with pre-existing conditions.
Steve Daines: COVID: no masking mandate, personal responsibility.
Steve Bullock: Medicaid expansion has kept rural hospitals open.
Steve Bullock: Wal-Mart can negotiate drug prices, so should government.
Wilmot Collins: Heathcare is a right for all, not a luxury for a few.
Steve Bullock: Initiative focusing on veterans' suicide prevention.
Wilmot Collins: Make sure service members & first responders are funded.
John Driscoll: Committed to help return POW-MIA Americans to U.S.
Steve Bullock: Upgrading Air National Guard better use of money than wall.
Wilmot Collins: Vets should never spend one second sleeping in the streets.
Susan Good Geise: Honor veterans by strengthening VA, hiring veterans and more.
Wilmot Collins: Fight to increase minimum wage to $15.
Wilmot Collins: End misclassifying employees as independent contractors.
Principles & Values|
Steve Daines: We're the greatest country in the world.
Steve Bullock: Has "grave concerns" over use of military on protests.
John Driscoll: Running as Abe Lincoln Republican to heal country.
John Driscoll: Running because of total loyalty to upholding Constitution.
Susan Good Geise: Running to combat partisanship and tribalism in politics.
Wilmot Collins: Immigrated from Liberia in 1994; served in US Navy.
Matt Rosendale: Protect Social Security & Medicare for Montana seniors.
Susan Good Geise: 2017 tax cut burdened us with huge deficit.
Steve Bullock: Emergency education grants include technology infrastructure.
John Mues: Invest in broadband and education to create jobs in MT.
Welfare & Poverty|
John Mues: Daines gutting social net to favor wealthy.
The above quotations are from 2020 Montana Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator Jeff Flake (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)