Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 South Carolina Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 SC Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Gloria Bromell Tinubu (6) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger South Carolina
- Jaime Harrison (18) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger South Carolina
- Lindsey Graham (10) South Carolina S.C. Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Tim Scott (1) Republican Senator-Appointee South Carolina
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
South Carolina 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Rev.com, "Lindsey Graham vs. Jaime Harrison SC Senate Debate Transcript," October 3, 2020
- CampusElect survey (Jaime Harrison vs. Lindsey Graham), September 2020
- The Hill e-zine, "Gun control group rolls out first round of Senate endorsements", by Julia Manchester, 06/09/20
- Newsweek Magazine, "Jaime Harrison Promises 'New South' in Close Senate Race," by Alexandra Hutzler, 6/8/20
- Essence Magazine, "Jaime Harrison Wants You To Watch Him Win," by Tanya A. Christian, May 26, 2020
- Fox News Sunday, interview with Sen. Tim Scott, February 9, 2020
- The State e-zine, "Bromell Tinubu ends US Senate bid, backs Harrison," by Joseph Bustos, January 15, 2020
- The Greenville News, "Lindsey Graham 'is not worthy of this state,' challenger Jaime Harrison tells Democrats," by Kirk Brown, Dec. 15, 2019
- Go Upstate (Spartanburg), "Jaime Harrison makes pitch for change," by Chris Lavender, Dec 13, 2019
- TheHill.com, "Democrats challenge South Carolina law requiring voters to disclose Social Security numbers," by Julia Manchester, 11/25/19
- The State magazine, "National abortion rights group endorses Lindsey Graham's top Democratic challenger," by Joseph Bustos, Nov. 18, 2019
- Charleston Post and Courier, "Lindsey Graham is making Jaime Harrison's job a bit easier," by Brian Hicks, Oct 6, 2019
- ABC News-4, "Dr. Gloria Bromell-Tinubu starts her campaign tour for U.S. Senate seat," by Erica Lunsford, August 25, 2019
- The Atlanta Voice, "Economist Gloria Bromell-Tinubu launches campaign for U.S. Senate seat," August 23, 2019
- Charleston Post and Courier, "Democrats Tinubu, Harrison Going After Graham's Senate Seat," by Chris Trainor, May 31, 2019
- Charleston Post and Courier, "Noble picks running mate in South Carolina governor's race," by Jamie Lovegrove, May 10, 2018
- Vote-USA.org South Carolina Senate Guide (Lindsey Graham), 10/25/2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jaime Harrison: Should be between a woman, her doctor, her God.
Lindsey Graham: Eliminate abortion on demand at 20 weeks.
Budget & Economy|
Lindsey Graham: Won't shut country down; getting back to business.
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: Raise minimum wage to $15/hour if not higher.
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: Economic justice is the number one issue.
Jaime Harrison: Encourage voter drives among unregistered African Americans.
Jaime Harrison: Opposes voters having to provide Social Security numbers.
Jaime Harrison: Bring police and community together to address problems.
Lindsey Graham: I believe in reform but cops need our support more than ever.
Jaime Harrison: Done with racial profiling, bias, and over-policing.
Jaime Harrison: We need 50-state strategy to open up schools: testing, masks.
Jaime Harrison: Reduce college tuition, address student loan crisis.
Jaime Harrison: Losing a whole generation of teachers because of low pay.
Lindsey Graham: Sex education about abstinence, not contraception.
Energy & Oil|
Jaime Harrison: Green New Deal too expensive, but must reduce emissions.
Lindsey Graham: Green New Deal is crazy; would destroy economy.
Families & Children|
Jaime Harrison: How do I tell my black sons that this could be them?
Lindsey Graham: Support traditional families & right to pray.
Jaime Harrison: COVID: Put blame on how we handled it, I take it seriously.
Lindsey Graham: COVID: no one attacked Wilson when he got Spanish flu.
Jaime Harrison: Lower access to care "ripping a heart out of a community".
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: Work toward making health care more affordable.
Tim Scott: Opportunity Zone jobs have seen up to 8% wage increase.
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: Economic freedom includes federal minimum wage increase.
Principles & Values|
Jaime Harrison: I will never lie to you; won't go back on my word.
Jaime Harrison: First step working with other side is not to call them nuts.
Lindsey Graham: Big choice election: capitalism versus socialism.
Jaime Harrison: Not political issues: about doing what is right.
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: Dropped Senate bid; endorses Jaime Harrison.
Jaime Harrison: Helping others: cooking dinners, sharing campaign donations.
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: 2018 Lt. Gov. candidate; 2012 & 2014 House candidate.
Jaime Harrison: Social Security and Medicare are more than a promise.
Lindsey Graham: Link size of cost of living increases to income.
Jaime Harrison: Our infrastructure in this state sucks.
Lindsey Graham: $10 billion proposal for rural high speed internet.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Gloria Bromell Tinubu Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger South Carolina
- Jaime Harrison Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger South Carolina
- Lindsey Graham South Carolina S.C. Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Tim Scott Republican Senator-Appointee South Carolina
The above quotations are from 2020 South Carolina Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)