Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Delaware Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 DE Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Coons (7) Democratic Jr Senator Delaware
- James DeMartino (21) Republican Senate Challenger Delaware
- Jessica Scarane (15) Democratic Senate challenger Delaware
- Lauren Witzke (20) Republican Challenger Delaware
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Delaware 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- GovTrack.us: Sen. Coons comments on H.R.1333 NO BAN Act, 7/19/2021
- CBS Meet the Press interview of Sen. Chris Coons, January 10, 2021
- CBS Meet the Press interview of Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE), December 13, 2020
- Delaware Public Media, "Republican Senate candidate Witzke offers plan for economic recovery," by Nick Ciolino, 10/18/2020
- PVS Political Courage Test by Lauren Witzke, Oct. 10, 2020
- Cleveland Jewish News, "Lauren Witzke, Delaware's GOP Senate candidate, appears on site with ties to white supremacists," by Ben Sales, 10/8/2020
- NY Times, "In Biden's Home State, Republican Centrism Gives Way to the Fringe," by Elizabeth Williamson, 10/2/2020
- American Family Association "iVoterGuide" on 2020 Delaware Senate race (Lauren Witzke & James DeMartino), downloaded Oct. 2020
- Slate.com, "Meet the Latest Republican Nominee to Have Expressed Support for QAnon," by Julia Craven, 9/16/20
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection survey by Lauren Witzke, Sept. 9, 2020
- WGMD 92.7 FM Newstalk Delmarva, "It was very upsetting," by Duke Brooks, July 29, 2020
- FOX News Sunday, interview of Chris Coons, Jan. 12,2020
- WDEL Wilmington News Radio, "Coons faces Democratic challenger in 2020 primary: Jessica Scarane," Mark Fowser, 11/18/19
- Wilmington News Journal, "Coons faces a primary challenge from a progressive millennial," by Sarah Gamard, Nov. 18, 2019
- WHYY PBS, "Democrat Jessica Scarane challenging Sen. Chris Coons from the left," Mark Eichmann, November 18th 2019
- Wilmington News Journal, Delaware Voter Central: 2018 voters guide," 8/20/18
- Wilmington News Journal, DelawareOnline.com, "James DeMartino, House District 14," Aug. 17, 2018
- The Daily Beast, "Senators Urge Trump Administration to Counter Chinese Meddling in Democracies," by Bethany Allen-Ebrahimian, Jun. 11, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Lauren Witzke: Life begins at conception; constitutional change necessary.
Lauren Witzke: Abortion is extermination of minorities.
Budget & Economy|
James DeMartino: Support free market competition instead of non-profits.
Lauren Witzke: Direct payments and tax-free access to 401k for COVID relief.
Lauren Witzke: No income tax increase; end government waste.
Lauren Witzke: No federal spending for stimulus, but ok for COVID.
James DeMartino: Stalwart for cost effective modernization of infrastructure.
James DeMartino: Identity politics is detrimental to our domestic security.
Lauren Witzke: Appreciates rally security from Proud Boys.
Jessica Scarane: Reparations for slavery & genocide of indigenous peoples.
Jessica Scarane: Pass laws that protects girls' & women's rights.
Jessica Scarane: Increase corporate taxes; raise capital gains taxes.
Chris Coons: Domestic terrorism should be a federal crime.
James DeMartino: Support our police ; restore law and order.
Jessica Scarane: End mass incarceration in favor of rehabilitation.
James DeMartino: No death penalty, because pro-life.
Lauren Witzke: Federal funding for faith-based solutions for drug recovery.
Lauren Witzke: Admits having run drugs for Mexican cartels.
James DeMartino: Heroin not just mental health issue, but a criminal issue.
James DeMartino: Taxpayers shouldn't be required to pay off student loans.
Lauren Witzke: Help pay off college loans so grads can have children.
James DeMartino: A proponent of home schooling, private and charter schools.
Jessica Scarane: Free public education from pre-K to higher education.
Energy & Oil|
Lauren Witzke: No Paris Accord until China and India stop CO2 emissions.
Jessica Scarane: Transform energy system to end dependence on fossil fuels.
Jessica Scarane: In favor of 'Green new deal' initiative.
Jessica Scarane: Green New Deal:tackle climate change AND economic inequality.
James DeMartino: Balance between protection and economic development.
Families & Children|
James DeMartino: I will incentivize multi-generational households.
Jessica Scarane: Pass laws that protects girls'/womens' rights.
James DeMartino: Uphold a firm America first foreign policy.
Lauren Witzke: Accept as immigrants Christians under religious persecution.
Chris Coons: We need NATO more engaged in the Middle East.
Chris Coons: Led bipartisan opposition to China's election interference.
Lauren Witzke: Keep trade barriers; no more China ripoffs.
Lauren Witzke: Life-long pols don't serve America & her people.
James DeMartino: Business regulations must be streamlined.
Jessica Scarane: Pledged no campaign donations from PACs.
Lauren Witzke: Gun rights shall not be infringed.
James DeMartino: Stop eroding our constitutional rights with restrictions.
James DeMartino: Government bureaucracy cannot control healthcare.
Jessica Scarane: Healthcare is a right, not a place for profits.
Lauren Witzke: America's military should be strong for our defense.
Lauren Witzke: Bring our troops home; limit defense spending.
James DeMartino: Maintain the strongest, best equipped and trained military.
Chris Coons: Establish new guardrails against immigration bans.
Lauren Witzke: Limit immigration to match emigration, except for marriage.
Lauren Witzke: Foreigners dismantle our culture, use drugs and take jobs.
James DeMartino: The law must be enforced! Must not allow open borders.
Jessica Scarane: End mass deportations and close the border camps.
James DeMartino: A state regulated minimum wage hurts small business.
Principles & Values|
Chris Coons: There can only be reconciliation with repentance.
Chris Coons: We have to address the trust deficit in our country.
James DeMartino: Our government exists to protect our God given rights.
James DeMartino: Family man, Citadel grad, former Marine Judge Advocate.
James DeMartino: Promote individual responsibility for retirement.
Lauren Witzke: Benefits only to those who have paid into system.
Jessica Scarane: Make Wall Street pay their fair share.
Jessica Scarane: Wall Street must pay taxes on extreme wealth.
James DeMartino: Low taxes and health care my priority for seniors, retirees.
War & Peace|
Lauren Witzke: America should not meddle in the affairs of other nations.
Chris Coons: Not consulting Congress on war weakens us in the world.
Jessica Scarane: Cease our endless wars, except in Syria.
The above quotations are from 2020 Delaware Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)