Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Utah Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 UT Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Gary Herbert (1) Utah Republican Governor
- Jeff Burningham (14) Utah Republican candidate for governor
- Rebecca Holcombe (6) Vermont Democratic candidate for governor
- Spencer Cox (16) Utah Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Utah 2020 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Deseret News, "We're asking the wrong questions in Utah's tax reform," by Jeff Burningham, Nov 9, 2019
- KUTV-2, "Lt. Gov. Cox shares firsthand experience with Mexican cartel behind recent attack," by Michael Locklear, Nov. 6, 2019
- StGeorgeUtah.com, "Gubernatorial candidate Jeff Burningham hosts Cedar City meet-and-greet," by Jeff Richards, 9/16/19
- Deseret News, "Utah's new paper mill could change the future of local recycling," by Kim Bojorquez, July 10, 2019
- Deseret News, "Utah refutes reports of sharing driver's license photos with immigration agents," by Dennis Romboy, July 8, 2019
- Moab Times, "Utah gubernatorial candidate Cox visits Moab," by Doug McMurdo, Jun. 27, 2019
- Medium.com blog, "The Problem With Incentives," by Spencer J. Cox, June 26, 2019
- Summit County Park Record, "Spencer Cox stumps at Park City food pantry," by Jay Hamburger, June 4, 2019
- Associated Press, "Utah lieutenant governor announces 2020 run for governor," by Lindsay Whitehurst, May 14, 2019
- Deseret News, "Here are the reasons Utah Lt. Gov. Spencer Cox says he's running for governor," by Amy Joi O'Donoghue, 5/14/19
- KUER 90-1 NPR, "Lt. Gov. Cox: 'Clear Evidence' Of Changing Climate In Wildfires," by Judy Fahys & Diane Maggipinto, 8/9/2018
- Salt Lake Tribune, "Cox tweets he'd like 'to punch someone' over separating immigrants from kids," by Lee Davidson, 6/20/18
- Medium.com blog, "Let's Talk About Suicide," by Spencer J. Cox, Feb. 25, 2018
- Deseret News, "This industry brought nearly $1 billion to Utah in 2016," by Art Raymond, May 14, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jeff Burningham: Strongly believe in protecting rights of unborn.
Spencer Cox: Supports law banning most abortions after 18 weeks.
Budget & Economy|
Jeff Burningham: Eliminate onerous occupational licensing laws.
Jeff Burningham: Infrastructure planning critical to quality of life.
Spencer Cox: Let some hotel tax revenue pay for infrastructure.
Spencer Cox: Time to reevaluate our approach to tax incentives.
Spencer Cox: Wants "Utah solution" to protecting LGTBQ kids.
Spencer Cox: Understanding & respect for differing sexual orientations.
Jeff Burningham: His VC firm funds start-up businesses with great ideas.
Jeff Burningham: Education should be free from federal influence.
Jeff Burningham: Old industrial age education not prepared for new economy.
Rebecca Holcombe: Resigned as secretary of education over voucher proposal.
Spencer Cox: Provide opportunities to attend technical schools.
Energy & Oil|
Rebecca Holcombe: Address climate change.
Spencer Cox: Support driverless vehicles, mass transit.
Spencer Cox: There's very clear evidence of climate change.
Jeff Burningham: Unlock our State Institutional Trust Lands.
Spencer Cox: Supports new recycled-cardboard paper mill.
Families & Children|
Rebecca Holcombe: Big supporter of paid family leave.
Spencer Cox: We need to talk about suicide.
Spencer Cox: Fight drug cartels; help Mexican economy.
Jeff Burningham: I'll get government out of your way.
Jeff Burningham: Gun owner who supports the Second Amendment.
Jeff Burningham: Choice and competition rather than government programs.
Rebecca Holcombe: Make health care more affordable.
Spencer Cox: Supports move to scale back Medicaid expansion.
Jeff Burningham: Let each state set number of guest worker visas needed.
Spencer Cox: Angry about children separated from families at border.
Rebecca Holcombe: Better ways to increase wages that setting minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Rebecca Holcombe: Served in Scott's administration; now running against him.
Jeff Burningham: Cut waste before imposing new taxes.
Jeff Burningham: Focus on taxpayer impact, not government revenue.
Spencer Cox: Reliance on property tax hurting rural areas.
Gary Herbert: We don't give ICE facial recognition data on immigrants.
Spencer Cox: Not OK to give ICE facial recognition data on immigrants.
Welfare & Poverty|
Spencer Cox: Make sure rural Utah is not forgotten.
The above quotations are from 2020 Utah Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-21 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: