Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Maine Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 ME Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Betsy Sweet (2) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Maine
- Sara Gideon (30) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Maine
- Susan Collins (9) Republican Sr Senator Maine
- Susan Rice (8) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Maine
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Maine 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Sierra Sun Times, "U.S. Senators Susan Collins and Richard Blumenthal Introduce Senate Bill to Eliminate Co-Pays for Veterans Accessing Contraception," 05 August 2022
- AARP survey, "Sara Gideon and Susan Collins Answer 5 Questions Vital to Voters Age 50+", by Andrew Soergel, October 16, 2020
- WMTW Portland ABC-8, "Maine Senate candidates clash in latest debate," by Phil Hirschkorn, Sep 29, 2020
- CampusElect survey (Susan Collins vs. Sara Gideon), September 2020
- The Hill e-zine, "Gun control group rolls out first round of Senate endorsements", by Julia Manchester, 06/09/20
- Portland Press Herald, "Maine Democrats running for U.S. Senate united by motivations," by Kevin Miller and Scott Thistle, 12/8/19
- Maine Public Broadcasting, "Sara Gideon On the Issues That Are Most Important To Maine Democrats," by Mal Leary, Dec 2, 2019
- Bustle.com blog, "Maine Rep. Sara Gideon On Why She Wants to Replace Susan Collins," by Alicia Menendez, November 12, 2019
- Bangor Daily News, "Maine ethics watchdog fines Gideon over reimbursed contributions," by Caitlin Andrews, 10/30/19
- NPR Illinois, "Susan Rice on Trump's Decision To Take U.S. Out Of Syria," Oct 13, 2019
- PBS Newshour, "Susan Rice says U.S. has 'sold out the Kurds' with Syria move," Oct 11, 2019
- National Public Radio, "Susan Rice Talks Of Balancing Career And Motherhood," by Steve Inskeep, 10/7/19
- The Hill, "Rice: 'Wheels have come off the bus' at Trump's National Security Council," by Cameron Hill, 10/06/19
- Bangor Daily News, "How the favorite and underdog are diverging in the Democratic race," by Michael Shepherd, 9/16/19
- Bangor Daily News, "Betsy Sweet unveils bid to challenge Susan Collins," by Michael Shepherd, June 13, 2019
- CBS News, "Susan Rice: 'We can't afford to play fast and loose' with China," January 18, 2017
- NBC News, "Susan Rice Asserts US Commitment to Global LGBTQ Rights," by Noel Gutierrez-Morfin, Oct. 27, 2016
- Washington Free Beacon, "Susan Rice Admits She Got High," by Adam Kredo, Oct 20, 2016
- TheUndefeated.com, "Susan Rice talks diversity, sports and night fears," by Michael A. Fletcher, June 29, 2016
- AmericanSecurityProject.org, "Susan Rice Speaks at Stanford About Climate Change," by Ricky Gandhi, Oct 16, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Sara Gideon: Protect & expand access to women's reproductive care.
Budget & Economy|
Sara Gideon: COVID: prioritize small business, bolster unemployment funds.
Sara Gideon: Support LGBTQ+ people everywhere.
Sara Gideon: Husband solicited to run for town council; she ran instead.
Sara Gideon: Voted to regulate marijuana legalization in Maine.
Sara Gideon: Treatment for opioid addiction; hold big pharma accountable.
Susan Collins: Allow employers to help pay employee student debt.
Sara Gideon: Access to high quality K-12 education for every family.
Sara Gideon: Tackle student debt crisis; expand trade, technical training.
Energy & Oil|
Sara Gideon: Passed aggressive goals reducing carbon emissions in Maine.
Sara Gideon: Rejoin Paris Agreement; invest in clean energy.
Sara Gideon: Bold, immediate action on climate change.
Susan Rice: Didn't want to be pigeonholed as "black working on Africa".
Susan Rice: US beneficiary of free trade; don't cede leadership to China.
Sara Gideon: Worked in Maine to pass automatic voter registration.
Sara Gideon: End influence of big money on our elections and officials.
Betsy Sweet: Only Democrat to use Maine's taxpayer-funded election system.
Sara Gideon: $500 fine for campaign finance ethics violation.
Susan Rice: Supports National Voter Registration Day.
Betsy Sweet: Publicly funded federal election system.
Sara Gideon: Strongly oppose raising Medicare eligibility age.
Sara Gideon: Let Medicare negotiate drug prices; allow imports.
Susan Collins: Improve advance transparency on medical billing.
Susan Collins: Authored law letting pharmacists help patients save money.
Susan Collins: Strong supporter of home care.
Sara Gideon: Let government negotiate to lower cost of drugs.
Susan Collins: Helped pass law lowering drug prices, speeding generics.
Sara Gideon: Complete the work started under Affordable Care Act.
Sara Gideon: Reduce prescription costs; protect pre-existing conditions.
Sara Gideon: Public option for Medicare, but not Medicare-for-All.
Sara Gideon: Make sure that services vets have earned remain available.
Sara Gideon: Urged support for DREAM Act.
Susan Collins: Co-sponsored bill for path to citizenship for DREAMers.
Susan Collins: For Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act.
Sara Gideon: Co-sponsored bill to give unions access to public employees.
Sara Gideon: Prioritize needs of small businesses; raise minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Sara Gideon: Courts pushed to the right, favors independent judiciary.
Susan Collins: Nine is good number for seats on Supreme Court.
Sara Gideon: Public service is about improving the lives of people.
Susan Rice: Fierce love of country should override disagreements.
Sara Gideon: Raise the earning cap so wealthiest pay their fair share.
Susan Collins: Foundation of retirement income for most Americans.
Sara Gideon: Protect Social Security, Medicare from cuts & privatization.
Sara Gideon: Roll back Trump tax cuts; breaks for hardworking families.
War & Peace|
Sara Gideon: Congress must provide oversight over military action.
Susan Rice: Small U.S. military presence in Syria fought ISIS threat.
Susan Rice: We sold out the Kurds in Syria.
Susan Rice: Benghazi investigations became "gotcha" game.
Susan Rice: National security endangered by lack of communication.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Betsy Sweet Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Maine
- Sara Gideon Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Maine
- Susan Collins Republican Sr Senator Maine
- Susan Rice Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Maine
The above quotations are from 2020 Maine Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator Jeff Flake (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)