Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Washington Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 WA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Jay Inslee (1) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- Phil Fortunato (15) Washington Republican challenger for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Washington 2020 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- KING-TV-K5, "Debt collectors can't go after stimulus checks in Washington," April 17, 2020
- Auburn Reporter, "Fortunato introduces property tax constitutional amendment," March 5, 2020
- Redmond Reporter, "Senate Republicans propose alternative solutions to WA's homelessness crisis," by Cameron Sheppard, February 28, 2020
- Auburn Reporter, "Fortunato: Senate proposal needlessly starving transportation infrastructure," February 28, 2020
- Seattle Times, "GOP State Senator Phil Fortunato gears up for governor run," Aug. 5, 2019
- Lewiston Tribune, "Clean energy bill passes Washington Senate," by Tom James, Mar 2, 2019
- Auburn Reporter, "Fortunato: firearms test should be required for lawmaker who want to draft gun legislation," 1/14/19
- Pro-Choice Washington, "GRADE F for Phil Fortunato, Senate Republican / District 31", 2019
- (More citations and excerpts to follow when available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Phil Fortunato: F Grade from NARAL, sponsored anti-abortion bills.
Budget & Economy|
Phil Fortunato: Partial zero-based budgets; 1/4 of budget every two years.
Phil Fortunato: Open up state to building housing of all kinds.
Phil Fortunato: Need to remove criminal homeless from the streets.
Phil Fortunato: Only "criminal homeless" should be incarcerated.
Phil Fortunato: Let local schools get waivers from unfunded state mandates.
Energy & Oil|
Phil Fortunato: Questioned global warming: what if temperatures drop?
Phil Fortunato: Displayed sidearm while speaking on 2nd Amendment.
Phil Fortunato: Gun bill legislators should have to pass firearms training.
Jay Inslee: Suspends laws allowing garnishment of stimulus checks.
Phil Fortunato: Restructure property tax as relief for homeowners.
Phil Fortunato: Fund transportation needs with inflation-linked sales tax.
Phil Fortunato: Introduced bill to exempt older seniors from property tax.
Phil Fortunato: Fund transportation with existing sales tax.
Phil Fortunato: Sound Transit 3 & Mileage Tax won't solve the problem.
Welfare & Poverty|
Phil Fortunato: Implement transitional housing for homeless.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Jay Inslee Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- Phil Fortunato Washington Republican challenger for Governor
The above quotations are from 2020 Washington Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-21 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: