Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Michigan Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 MI Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Gary Peters (14) Democratic Jr Senator Michigan
- John James (16) Republican Senate challenger Michigan
- Marcia Squier (11) Green Challenger for MI Senator Michigan
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Michigan 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- AARP survey, "Gary Peters and John James Answer 5 Questions Vital to Voters Age 50+", by Andrew Soergel, October 09, 2020
- ScienceDebate.org survey on Michigan Senate race: Marcia Squier, 10/9/2020
- American Family Association "iVoterGuide" on 2020 Michigan Senate race (Marcia Squier), downloaded Oct. 2020
- CampusElect survey (Gary Peters vs. John James), September 2020
- The Jewish Insider, "African American, an Army vet and a Republican. How will John James fare?," by Matthew Kassel, 6/29/20
- The Hill e-zine, "Gun control group rolls out first round of Senate endorsements", by Julia Manchester, 06/09/20
- National Review, "John James, the Michigan GOP's Rising Star" by John J. Miller, May 14, 2020
- Fox News, "John James: No need to go to Venezuela to see failure of far-left policies," by Joshua Nelson, March 2, 2020
- Detroit News, "Dark money veterans group backs Peters with ads," by Beth LeBlanc and Craig Mauger, Nov. 7, 2019
- Detroit Free Press, "GOP sees in John James a strong challenger to Gary Peters," by Todd Spangler, Oct. 25, 2019
- The Times of Israel, "US senators introduce bill to boost security funds for synagogues," 19 May 2019
- Press release, "Peters, Cornyn Project Safe Neighborhoods Bill to Reduce Violent Crime Headed to President's Desk," June 7, 2018
- TheCrimeReport.org, "New Crime Commission Could Get Nod This Year, says Senator," by Ted Gest, April 25, 2018
- Vote-USA.org Michigan Senate Guide (Gary Peters), 10/23/2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Gary Peters: COVID: Get resources, support to help people get through.
John James: Liberal leftist socialist policies have failed in Michigan.
Marcia Squier: Racism is a threat to domestic security.
Marcia Squier: I favor people over corporations and CEO billionaires.
John James: Against defunding police, for community policing.
Gary Peters: Co-wrote bill for data-driven cooperation to fight crime.
Gary Peters: Leads fight for commission on criminal justice system.
Gary Peters: When marijuana legalized, should be regulated and taxed.
John James: Respect will of voters & legalize recreational marijuana.
Marcia Squier: Legalize pot, give addicts treatment, end war on drugs.
John James: We have failed our children, supports school choice.
Energy & Oil|
Marcia Squier: Enbridge-Line-5 pipeline should be permanently closed.
John James: Green New Deal would decimate Michigan's economy.
Marcia Squier: Invest in ways to prevent erosion and rising waters.
Marcia Squier: All animals should be treated humanely.
Gary Peters: Push for Great Lakes restoration efforts & oil cleanups.
Families & Children|
John James: Allow more flexible options for senior housing.
John James: For Trump's Middle East peace proposal, two state solution.
John James: Fight China over soybeans now, or bullets later.
Marcia Squier: Violent criminals should not be allowed gun ownership.
Gary Peters: Against voucher system & raising Medicare eligibility age.
Gary Peters: Prevent companies from keeping generic drugs off the market.
Gary Peters: COVID: $20 billion to states, nursing homes, care facilities.
John James: Fix the parts that give too many decisions to the government.
John James: Politicians stuff their pockets with drug company money.
John James: Medicare for All terrible; barely paying for Medicare now.
Gary Peters: Less-than-honorable discharged veterans can regain benefits.
Gary Peters: Protect religious non-profits against terrorism.
Gary Peters: DACA has provided relief to thousands of young people.
Marcia Squier: Grow jobs in health, renewable energy, and infrastructure.
Principles & Values|
Marcia Squier: Separating church & state is only disestablishmentarianism.
John James: From slave to senate candidate in four generations.
John James: Liberal violence is construed as speech.
Marcia Squier: Protect against any legislation dismantles future benefits.
Gary Peters: Oppose raising retirement age & privatizing Social Security.
John James: Stop any attempt to underfund the Social Security trust fund.
Gary Peters: One of the most successful programs in our history.
Gary Peters: Middle class bears burden of unfair tax code.
John James: Broadband access to everyone, not just big cities.
War & Peace|
Marcia Squier: Stop bombing countries that never attacked us.
John James: The Iranian regime has blood on its hands.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Gary Peters Democratic Jr Senator Michigan
- John James Republican Senate challenger Michigan
- Marcia Squier Green Challenger for MI Senator Michigan
The above quotations are from 2020 Michigan Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator Jeff Flake (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)