2014 Idaho Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 ID Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Jim Risch (3) Idaho Former Republican Governor (2006-2007); U.S. Senator
- Nels Mitchell (10) Democratic Senate Challenger Idaho
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Idaho Senate debates:
- Idaho Statesman Voter Guide, Q&A with Nels Mitchell, 6/25/2014
- Kuna Melba News, "Nels Mitchell Says Risch Is Running Away from his Record", February 13th, 2014
- Idaho Statesman, "Idaho Sen. Jim Risch: High energy, low visibility", by Michael Catalini, Feb. 10, 2014
- Magic Valley Times-News: "Mitchell, Risch Trade Jabs", by Jon Alexander, January 15, 2014
- AdWatch on Press release from Jim Risch, Nov. 15 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Nels Mitchell: Support woman's right to make her own health decisions.
Nels Mitchell: Subsidies to established corporations waste taxpayer money.
Nels Mitchell: Committed to protecting our unique outdoor heritage.
Jim Risch: Call on Iran to release those imprisoned for Christianity.
Jim Risch: ObamaCare is a regulatory quagmire.
Nels Mitchell: Most of ObamaCare is good; fix the parts that aren't.
Principles & Values|
Nels Mitchell: Idaho needs Senator who gets to work, not "Senator No".
Nels Mitchell: Most conservative voting record in Senate in 2013.
Nels Mitchell: Served in state Senate and as Lt. Governor, then governor.
Nels Mitchell: Never been within 150 miles of Harry Reid; not hand-picked.
Nels Mitchell: Middle-of-the-road Democrat; I'll team up with Republicans.
Nels Mitchell: The greatest generation earned their retirement security.
Jim Risch: No tax increases, but no cuts to entitlements nor veterans.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Jim Risch Idaho Former Republican Governor (2006-2007); U.S. Senator
- Nels Mitchell Democratic Senate Challenger Idaho
The above quotations are from 2014 Idaho Senate debates.
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)