2014 Texas Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 TX Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- John Cornyn (5) Republican Sr Senator Texas
- Jon Cornyn (1)
- Steve Stockman (12) Republican U.S. Rep Texas-36
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Texas Senate debates and race coverage: (Primary March 4)
- Congressional Quarterly Roll Call magazine, "If At First You Don't Succeed", March 20, 2014, history of Steve Stockman
- Dallas News, "Stockman admitted 1995 jail time", by Todd J. Gillman, January 31, 2014
- Business Insider on Steve Stockman, Jan. 4, 2014
- Washington Post on Steve Stockman, Jan. 1, 2014
- Jordan Fabian on fusion.net, "Tea Party: Biggest Troll", 12/10/2013
- Irin Carmon and Nisha Chittal on MSNBC, AdWatch on Stockman's Tweets, 12/10/13
- Dave McNeely reporting in Huntsville Item, Nov. 15, 2013
- CBS "Face the Nation" interview of John Cornyn, Oct. 6, 2013
- Fox News Sunday interview of Sen. Cornyn, April 14, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Cornyn: Endorsed by Texas Right to Life.
Steve Stockman: AdWatch: If babies had guns, they wouldn't be aborted.
Budget & Economy|
John Cornyn: We've had 17 federal shutdowns since 1976; Obama is AWOL.
Steve Stockman: Admits being jailed in 1970s, but suing group for saying so.
Steve Stockman: AdWatch: Arrested for drug possession in 1977.
John Cornyn: Create anti-Tea Party PACs to counter Super PACs.
Steve Stockman: The best gun lubricant around is Liberal Tears.
Steve Stockman: 1993: Opposed federal raid on the Branch Davidian compound.
Steve Stockman: AR-15 giveaway: the perfect Mother's Day gift.
Steve Stockman: Consider impeachment for Obama's unilateral gun controls.
Jon Cornyn: Focus on mental illness, not on background checks.
Steve Stockman: Supported Sen. Ted Cruz's fight to stop ObamaCare.
Steve Stockman: Challenge incumbent because he supported ObamaCare.
John Cornyn: End Congress' carve-out exemption from ObamaCare penalties.
Steve Stockman: Opposes comprehensive immigration bill, and no negotiation.
Steve Stockman: Accepts Bitcoin donations as an alternative to fiat currency.
War & Peace|
John Cornyn: No ransom to North Korea on nukes; we've tried that before.
Welfare & Poverty|
Steve Stockman: 1990s: Homeless in Fort Worth's Water Gardens park.
The above quotations are from 2014 Texas Senate debates.
- 100 Ideas, by Senator Marco Rubio (R,FL)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)