2014 New Jersey Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 NJ Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Cory Booker (6) New Jersey Mayor of Newark
- Jeff Bell (2) Republican Senate challenger New Jersey
- Murray Sabrin (1) Republican Senate Challenger New Jersey
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Jersey Senate debates and race coverage:
- NewJerseyNewsroom.com, "Who is Republican Senate candidate Jeff Bell?", by Bob Holt, June 5, 2014
- The Wall Street Journal, "Meet Cory Booker's GOP Rival: Jeff Bell", by Rebecca Ballhaus, June 4, 2014
- The Bergen Record, "Bell will face Booker in November", by Herb Jackson, June 3, 2014
- Burlington County Times, "Republican Senate candidate striving for political upset", by David Levinsky, June 1, 2014
- The Times of Trenton, "candidates meet voters in Lawrence", by Kelly Johnson, March 10, 2014
- Murray Sabrin in PolitickerNJ.com, "Why I'm Running for the United States Senate", February 23rd, 2014
- Newark Star-Ledger on Cory Booker, Jan. 1, 2014
- Vineland Times Daily Journal coverage of Cory Booker 2014 candidacy announcement, Oct. 31, 2013
- The New Jersey 2014 Senate election will seat a permanent replacement for the 2013 Special election, in which Cory Booker was elected.
- The 2013 Special Election was required because Former New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg passed away while in office.
- See also OnTheIssues coverage of the 2013 New Jersey special Senate election debates.
Preparation and debates for November 2014 election:
- Meet the Press interview of Cory Booker, Aug. 25, 2013
- American Principles Project, "Jeffrey Bell on Financial Globalization", August 15, 2011
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Murray Sabrin: Federal Reserve is one big scam.
Cory Booker: MLK's dream still demands work to do, after 50 years.
Cory Booker: Real solution to crime is addressing poverty and education.
Cory Booker: Bipartisan solution to reduce recidivism.
Cory Booker: The drug war is an abject failure.
Jeff Bell: Act on bilateral agreements with Colombia and South Korea.
Jeff Bell: Debated who's most supportive of gun rights.
Cory Booker: 1/3 of all NJ development is in Newark, where only 3% live.
Principles & Values|
Cory Booker: First African-American senator from New Jersey.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Cory Booker New Jersey Mayor of Newark
- Jeff Bell Republican Senate challenger New Jersey
- Murray Sabrin Republican Senate Challenger New Jersey
The above quotations are from 2014 New Jersey Senate debates.
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)