2014 Illinois Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 IL Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Dick Durbin (1)
- Doug Truax (6) Republican Senate Challenger Illinois
- Jim Oberweis (7) Republican Senate Challenger Illinois
- Richard Durbin (12) Democratic Sr Senator Illinois
- Sharon Hansen (1) Libertarian Challenger Illinois
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Illinois Senate debates:
- Natasha Korecki in Chicago Sun-Times, "Pension vote", 12/4/2013
- Stateline & WTVO/WQRF reporting on Doug Truax video, 11/12/2013
- AdWatch on Press release: Truax Veterans Day message, 11/11/2013
- Charles Crumm in Michigan Daily Tribune, on Republican National Committee email campaign, Nov.5, 2013
- Illinois Review, Sharon Hansen comments on United Nations' Arms Trade Treaty, Oct. 2013
- CNN "State of the Union" interview of Sen. Durbin, January 6 and May 5, 2013
- Meet the Press interviews of Sen. Durbin, April 21, August 4, and Oct. 13, 2013
- Fox News Sunday interview of Sen. Durbin, April 14 2013
- CBS "Face the Nation" interview of Sen. Durbin, March 3, May 12, and Dec. 15, 2013
- Forbes Magazine interview, "President of Oberweis Asset Management", 1/5/2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jim Oberweis: Abortion procedure should be outlawed.
Doug Truax: Calls himself "very pro-life" & supports limiting abortion.
Doug Truax: Uphold one-man, one-woman definition, but let states decide.
Energy & Oil|
Richard Durbin: Energy tax to fund infrastructure investment.
Dick Durbin: Ukraine should ally with European Union, not former Soviets.
Jim Oberweis: To understand China, read the 5-year plans.
Jim Oberweis: Challenge in China is lack of clarity on taxes.
Jim Oberweis: Invest in Indonesia, Vietnam, Japan, India, and China.
Doug Truax: Political class fails to put interests of taxpayers first.
Sharon Hansen: Don't bow down to money instead of our rights.
Doug Truax: AdWatch: ObamaCare does more harm to middle class than good.
Richard Durbin: AdWatch: Targeted by RNC robocalls for support of ObamaCare.
Jim Oberweis: Not a fan of ObamaCare, but it helps healthcare businesses.
Doug Truax: Ok to interrogate jihadists using any means necessary.
Richard Durbin: $48M to protect US Embassies around the world.
Richard Durbin: Benghazi was a tragedy, but not a cover-up.
Richard Durbin: Reform will increase coordination & reduce terrorism.
Richard Durbin: Extend partner immigration rights to gay couples.
Richard Durbin: Immigration reform bill makes America safer.
Richard Durbin: Our border with Mexico is strongest it's been in 40 years.
Principles & Values|
Doug Truax: The Great Experiment known as America shines brightly.
Richard Durbin: Bipartisan dialogue instead of gridlock.
Richard Durbin: Simpson-Bowles got it right. put everything on the table.
Richard Durbin: Close tax loopholes and gain $1.2T from the wealthy.
Jim Oberweis: Protect intellectual property rights, including lawsuits.
War & Peace|
Richard Durbin: Engage China to de-escalate North Korean nukes.
Welfare & Poverty|
Jim Oberweis: Tepid welfare reform is the best we can get right now.
The above quotations are from 2014 Illinois Senate debates.
- 100 Ideas, by Senator Marco Rubio (R,FL)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)