2014 New Hampshire Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 NH Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Smith (1) 2010 Challenger; lost FL GOP primary; previous NH Senator Florida
- Jeanne Shaheen (4) New Hampshire Former Democratic Governor (1997-2000); elected Senator 2008
- Jim Rubens (2) Republican Senate Challenger New Hampshire
- Karen Testerman (14) Republican Challenger New Hampshire
- Scott Brown (6) Previsouly MA Republican Jr Senator New Hampshire
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Hampshire Senate debates and race coverage:
- The Hill e-zine, "Shaheen to Brown: Take 'People's Pledge'", by Mario Trujillo, March 15, 2014
- The Hill e-zine, "Scott Brown pans 'self-serving' pledge", by Mario Trujillo, March 15, 2014
- NHPR, "Bob Smith Kicks Off Campaign", by Associated Press, 3/4/2014
- Manchester Union Leader, "Surveillance state is not OK", by Jim Rubens, Feb 17, 2014
- USA Today, AdWatch on Scott Brown, 1/8/2014
- Concord Patch AdWatch on Jeanne Shaheen, Jan. 1, 2014
- Katharine Seelye in New York Times, "Popular Noncandidate", December 11, 2013
- Karen Testerman editorial in Nashua Telegraph, "Single-payer", December 11, 2013
- Charles Crumm in Michigan Daily Tribune, on Republican National Committee email campaign, Nov.5, 2013
- Karen Testerman article in WND Weekly, 10/20/2013
- Joint GOP candidate appearance at Lebanon Elks Lodge, coverage by Ben Conarck, Valley News, November 23, 2013
- Fox News Sunday interview of Scott Brown, 8/25/2013
- Ben Leubsdorf in Concord Monitor, 8/9/2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Scott Brown: OpEd: Not a reliable vote on abortion rights.
Karen Testerman: No taxpayer dollars to terminate human life in the womb.
Budget & Economy|
Karen Testerman: More government jobs threaten our economy & freedom.
Scott Brown: Next step in racial equality: stop glorifying violence.
Karen Testerman: Vocal opponent of same-sex civil unions.
Scott Brown: AdWatch: Loosened financial reform regulations.
Karen Testerman: Put parents back in charge, not Department of Education.
Karen Testerman: Stop the "common core" federal education standards.
Energy & Oil|
Karen Testerman: End the war on coal: keep electrical generating plants.
Karen Testerman: Carbon dioxide causes plants to thrive, not global warming.
Karen Testerman: Declaring national monuments to benefit donors is an abuse.
Jeanne Shaheen: People's Pledge: Let's limit outside PAC contributions.
Scott Brown: No pledge to limit outside PAC contributions.
Scott Brown: Ok'd federal ban on assault weapons after Newtown shootings.
Karen Testerman: Second Amendment is about protection, not hunting.
Jeanne Shaheen: AdWatch: Falsely promised all people could keep insurance.
Jeanne Shaheen: No apologies for helping people get affordable insurance.
Scott Brown: Supported RomneyCare in 2006; it's different than ObamaCare.
Karen Testerman: ObamaCare is unaffordable and unworkable.
Jeanne Shaheen: AdWatch: Targeted by RNC robocalls for support of ObamaCare.
Jim Rubens: The surveillance state is not OK: limit the NSA.
Karen Testerman: Rebuild our forces for adversaries like Chinese & Russians.
Jim Rubens: NSA infringes Constitution and causes citizen distrust.
Karen Testerman: Illegal immigrants are stealing from our country.
Karen Testerman: Illegal immigrants over burden our public schools.
Principles & Values|
Bob Smith: Too many in Washington have no vision to restore the nation.
Karen Testerman: Supports flat tax & abolishing the IRS.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bob Smith 2010 Challenger; lost FL GOP primary; previous NH Senator Florida
- Jeanne Shaheen New Hampshire Former Democratic Governor (1997-2000); elected Senator 2008
- Jim Rubens Republican Senate Challenger New Hampshire
- Karen Testerman Republican Challenger New Hampshire
- Scott Brown Previsouly MA Republican Jr Senator New Hampshire
The above quotations are from 2014 New Hampshire Senate debates.
- 100 Ideas, by Senator Marco Rubio (R,FL)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)