2014 Mississippi Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 MS Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris McDaniel (7) Republican challenger Mississippi
- Thad Cochran (3) Republican Sr Senator Mississippi
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Mississippi Senate debates:
- The Hill, "Cochran ties for lowest ACU score", 2/28/2014
- Politico.com, "Mississippi 2014 election," by Alexander Burns, 2/19/14
- NewsMax.com, "GOP Insurgent Threatens Mississippi's Sen. Cochran", by John Gizzi, Jan. 20, 2014
- Huffington Post, "There Aren't Enough Muslim Movie Villains", by Samantha Lachman, 1/14/2014
- Mother Jones magazine, "Hip-hop and gun violence", 1/7/2014
- KXLF-4 (Butte), "Veterans' driver licenses", Jan 6, 2014
- Jonathan Martin in New York Times, "7th term", December 6, 2013
- Politico.com on PAC endorsements, 10/17/13
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Chris McDaniel: Era of big spending is over; age of appropriations must end.
Chris McDaniel: Those in D.C. don't appear to be listening.
Thad Cochran: The Quiet Persuader: Got $29B for Katrina rebuilding.
Families & Children|
Chris McDaniel: Hip-hop culture values prison more than college.
Thad Cochran: OpEd: Earmarked spending brings federal funds to Mississippi.
Chris McDaniel: Blames rising gun violence on "hip-hop" culture.
Chris McDaniel: Preserve the rights of gun owners.
Chris McDaniel: Waterboarding was effective on suspected 9/11 terrorists.
Principles & Values|
Chris McDaniel: Tied to Tea Party and endorsed by conservative groups.
Thad Cochran: First elected in 1978; still undecided about 2014 retirement.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chris McDaniel Republican challenger Mississippi
- Thad Cochran Republican Sr Senator Mississippi
The above quotations are from 2014 Mississippi Senate debates.
- 100 Ideas, by Senator Marco Rubio (R,FL)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)