2014 South Dakota Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 SD Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Larry Pressler (7) Independent Challenger South Dakota
- Mike Rounds (2) South Dakota Former Republican Governor (2002-2010)
- Rick Weiland (4) Democratic Challenger South Dakota
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
South Dakota Senate debates and race coverage:
- The Capital Journal, "Rounds awarded $75 million in Future Funds", by Joel Ebert, March 11, 2014.
- Rapid City Journal, "Five questions: Rick Weiland", by Joe O'Sullivan, March 10, 2014
- Politico.com AdWatch: "Larry Pressler ‘American Hustle’ ad to air during Oscars", Associated Press, 2/28/14
- Rapid City Journal and MinnPost.com on Larry Pressler, 12/31/2013
- AdWatch on Rick Weiland email, Oct. 15, 2013
- Argus Leader coverage, June 30, 2013
- Politico.com coverage, 11/14/2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Larry Pressler: Supports abortion law allowing first trimester terminations.
Larry Pressler: I was wrong to support 1996 Defense of Marriage Act.
Rick Weiland: Favors same-sex marriage.
Larry Pressler: Both parties beholden to corporate backers.
Rick Weiland: Immigration problem from profits from cheap immigrant labor.
Rick Weiland: Universal background checks for guns.
Mike Rounds: Shut down ObamaCare but don't shut down government.
Larry Pressler: First Vietnam vet elected to Congress.
Larry Pressler: Significant cutbacks on overseas military spending.
Larry Pressler: 1980 presidential run:focus on veteran issues & Agent Orange.
Mike Rounds: Border security first, then a limited path to citizenship.
Rick Weiland: Border security and a path to citizenship at the same time.
Larry Pressler: Rich people willing to pay more taxes to help our country.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Larry Pressler Independent Challenger South Dakota
- Mike Rounds South Dakota Former Republican Governor (2002-2010)
- Rick Weiland Democratic Challenger South Dakota
The above quotations are from 2014 South Dakota Senate debates.
- 100 Ideas, by Senator Marco Rubio (R,FL)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)