2014 North Carolina Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 NC Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Kay Hagan (5) Democratic Jr Senator North Carolina
- Thom Tillis (7) Republican Challenger North Carolina
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
North Carolina Senate debates and race coverage:
- Wall Street Journal "Washington Wire", 2/4/2014
- USA Today AdWatch on Kay Hagan, Jan. 2, 2014
- Charlotte Observer AdWatch on Thom Tillis, Jan. 2, 2014
- Erik Spanberg in Charlotte Business Journal, "GOP's opponents 'losers'", Dec. 12, 2013
- Manu Raju on Politico.com, "N.C.'s Choice", Dec. 12, 2013
- Charles Crumm in Michigan Daily Tribune, on Republican National Committee email campaign, Nov.5, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Thom Tillis: AdWatch: began working at 15; postponed college until later.
Energy & Oil|
Kay Hagan: Advocate for Keystone XL pipeline.
Thom Tillis: Helped engineer voter ID legislation.
Kay Hagan: AdWatch: Hagan promised wrongly that all can keep insurance.
Thom Tillis: AdWatch: ObamaCare is a disaster.
Kay Hagan: I'd vote for ObamaCare again, but do "sensible fixes".
Thom Tillis: AdWatch: TV PAC attack on ObamaCare is a "badge of honor".
Kay Hagan: AdWatch: Targeted by RNC robocalls for support of ObamaCare.
Kay Hagan: AdWatch: Voted against consumers keeping pre-ObamaCare plans.
Thom Tillis: Do everything in our power to undo ObamaCare.
Principles & Values|
Thom Tillis: Served on town commission; ousted sitting State House Rep.
Thom Tillis: "Moral Mondays" are for whining losers who oppose GOP agenda.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Kay Hagan Democratic Jr Senator North Carolina
- Thom Tillis Republican Challenger North Carolina
The above quotations are from 2014 North Carolina Senate debates.
- 100 Ideas, by Senator Marco Rubio (R,FL)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)