2014 Louisiana Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 LA Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill Cassidy (3) Republican Challenger Louisiana
- Mary Landrieu (3) Democratic Sr Senator Louisiana
- Rob Maness (3) Republican Challenger Louisiana
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Louisiana Senate debates and race coverage:
- The Times-Picayune, "Runoff debate, hosted by Raycom Media, in Baton Rouge on Dec. 1," by Cole Avery, 11/6/2014
- The Hill weblog, "Landrieu defends her votes; Cassidy skips debate", by David McCabe, October 27, 2014
- AdWatch: OnTheIssues transcript of Mary Landrieu TV ad, former New Orleans Mayor Moon Landrieu touts his "hard-headed" daughter, May 14, 2014
- AdWatch by The Hill e-zine, "Rep. Cassidy blasts new Landrieu ad", by Laura Barron-Lopez, April 28, 2014
- AdWatch transcript, "Keep Louisiana Working", April 17, 2014
- AdWatch analysis, "Ad attacks Landrieu for fake Senate hearing", 4/17/2014, by Cameron Joseph, The Hill e-zine
- AdWatch in The Hill e-zine, "Dem. Super-PAC Hits Cassidy", by Alexandra Jaffe, 3/13/2014
- New Orleans Times-Picayune , "Maness clarifies Katrina", by Bruce Alpert, March 10, 2014
- KMBZ 98.1 FM, "Tea Party Challenger Rob Maness", Feb. 15, 2014
- Politico.com AdWatch on Mary Landrieu, Jan. 2, 2104
- New Orleans Times-Picayune reporting on Americans for Prosperity TV ads, Nov. 2, 2013
- Charles Crumm in Michigan Daily Tribune, on Republican National Committee email campaign, Nov.5, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Energy & Oil|
Bill Cassidy: Don't pick winners & losers in energy market.
Rob Maness: Reject Katrina aid bill if pork-laden with other projects.
Rob Maness: ObamaCare is hurting the folks it's trying to help.
Mary Landrieu: AdWatch: Promised wrongly that all can keep insurance.
Mary Landrieu: AdWatch: Targeted by RNC robocalls for support of ObamaCare.
Bill Cassidy: AdWatch: propose ObamaCare-lite plan in state legislature.
Mary Landrieu: Let consumers keep health plans, but only if told options.
Principles & Values|
Bill Cassidy: AdWatch: Receives ad money from billionaire Koch brothers.
Rob Maness: Support Tea Party challenger for Senate Majority Leader.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bill Cassidy Republican Challenger Louisiana
- Mary Landrieu Democratic Sr Senator Louisiana
- Rob Maness Republican Challenger Louisiana
The above quotations are from 2014 Louisiana Senate debates.
- The New Black Politician: Cory Booker, Newark, and Post-Racial America (D, NJ)
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- A Tribute to 101 Incredible Women, by Senate candidate Joyce Dickerson (D, SC)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)