2014 Oregon Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 OR Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Jason Conger (11) Republican Challenger Oregon
- Jeff Merkley (2) Democratic Jr Senator Oregon
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Oregon Senate debates and race coverage:
- Statesman Journal, "GOP Senate hopefuls face off at Dorchester Conference", by Anna Staver, March 9, 2014
- The Oregonian, "Conger & Wehby debate", by Jeff Mapes, March 8, 2014
- The Oregonian AdWatch on Jeff Merkley, Jan. 2 & Jan. 3, 2014
- Jeff Mapes in The Oregonian, "Attack Sen. Jeff Merkley", December 05, 2013
- Oregon Catalyst coverage of Conger press release, November 14, 2013
- Charles Crumm in Michigan Daily Tribune, on Republican National Committee email campaign, Nov.5, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jason Conger: Voted NO on reducing sentences for non-violent offenses.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on retail medical marijuana establishments.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on in-state tuition for non-resident aliens.
Energy & Oil|
Jason Conger: Voted NO on electronic energy efficiency standards.
Jason Conger: Higher timber harvests on public land.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on prohibiting motorized mining in riverbeds.
Jason Conger: Rated 53% by Conservation Voters; 80% by Humane Society.
Families & Children|
Jason Conger: Rated 79% by Oregon Stand for Children.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on looser campaign finance reporting.
Jeff Merkley: Nuclear option: Allow confirmation of Obama's appointees.
Jeff Merkley: AdWatch: Targeted by RNC robocalls for support of ObamaCare.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on drivers licenses for non-resident aliens.
Jason Conger: Stricter rules for non-citizen college tuition equity.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Jason Conger Republican Challenger Oregon
- Jeff Merkley Democratic Jr Senator Oregon
The above quotations are from 2014 Oregon Senate debates.
- 100 Ideas, by Senator Marco Rubio (R,FL)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)