Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of ME political races in The Bangor Daily News
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Bangor Daily News (number of quotes indicated):
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (1) Democrat U.S. Rep New York- 14
- Angus King (2) Maine Former Independent Governor (1995-2002)
- Betsy Sweet (2) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Maine
- Charlie Summers (2) Secretary of State; Republican Senate Challenger Maine
- Cynthia Dill (1) Democratic Senate Challenger Maine
- Eliot Cutler (3) Maine Independent Challenger
- Eric Brakey (1) GOP Candidate for U.S Senate from Maine Maine
- Janet Mills (2) Maine Democratic candidate for Maine Governor
- Jared Golden (3) Democrat U.S. Rep Maine- 2
- Mary Mayhew (3) Maine Republican candidate for governor of Maine
- Mike Michaud (2)
- Mike Thibodeau (1) Maine Republican Challenger for ME Governor
- Paul LePage (9) Maine Republican Governor candidate
- Sara Gideon (5) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Maine
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from Bangor Daily News:
- On 2022 Maine gubernatorial race, (Paul LePage) "Divided government has failed. Georgia run-offs could save it or kill it," OpEd, December 7, 2020
- On 2022 Maine gubernatorial race, "Paul LePage says he was paid $7,500 last year to advocate for CMP corridor," by Michael Shepherd, February 24, 2020
- On 2018 Maine gubernatorial debate, (Mary Mayhew), 2/1/2018
- On 2018 Maine gubernatorial race, (Mary Mayhew), 9/18/2017
- On 2018 Maine gubernatorial race, (Janet Mills), 5/27/2017
- On 2018 Maine gubernatorial race, (Mary Mayhew), 2/7/2017
- On 2018 Maine gubernatorial race, (Janet Mills), 1/29/2017
- On legislative record SP 245: "Maine takes major step toward removing concealed weapon permit mandate," by Scott Thistle, June 1, 2015
- On 2014 Maine gubernatorial debate, (Eliot Cutler & Paul LePage), 10/20/2014
- On 2014 Maine gubernatorial race, (Paul LePage, Eliot Cutler, & Mike Michaud), 9/3/2014 & 9/4/2014
- On 2014 Maine gubernatorial race, (Eliot Cutler, Mike Michaud & Paul LePage), 1/2/2014 & 1/3/2014
- On 2014 Maine Governor race, (Paul LePage), 12/9/2013
- Bangor Daily News in 2012 AARP Senate Voter Guide, (Angus King, Cynthia Dill, Charlie Summers, ), 8/24/2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Sara Gideon: Backed in primary by abortion-rights groups.
Jared Golden: For Equality Act, extend protections to sexual orientation.
Janet Mills: Decries proposal to eliminate Civil Rights Funding.
Eliot Cutler: Worked to uphold a law legalizing same-sex marriage.
Mike Michaud: Would be 1st openly gay governor; but evolved on LGBT rights.
Mary Mayhew: imprisonment for life as a deterrent to crime.
Eliot Cutler: Legal pot makes drugs seem ok, but prohibition isn't working.
Mike Michaud: Legal pot makes drug more accessible to children and teens.
Paul LePage: Upholding the law includes illegal marijuana.
Eliot Cutler: Try out Common Core standards before tweaking them.
Paul LePage: 2011: Signed onto Common Core, but now skeptical.
Energy & Oil|
Paul LePage: Paid $7500 by lobbyists to advocate for hydropower corridor.
Sara Gideon: Bold, immediate action on climate change.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Keep existing nuclear power plants but block new ones.
Mary Mayhew: Wind energy needs transparent commission, not moratorium.
Paul LePage: Abstain from EPA petition to cut Midwest emissions.
Jared Golden: Voted against USMCA trade pacts as no benefit to Maine.
Betsy Sweet: Only Democrat to use Maine's taxpayer-funded election system.
Sara Gideon: $500 fine for campaign finance ethics violation.
Betsy Sweet: Publicly funded federal election system.
Paul LePage: Allow concealed carry guns without a permit.
Eric Brakey: Allow concealed carry guns without a permit.
Mike Thibodeau: Allow concealed carry guns without a permit.
Jared Golden: Oppose concealed carry without a permit.
Sara Gideon: Oppose concealed carry without a permit.
Sara Gideon: Public option for Medicare, but not Medicare-for-All.
Angus King: Transition to wellness-based prevention system.
Charlie Summers: Medicare must remain solvent.
Paul LePage: Build border fence as high as the Great Wall of China.
Paul LePage: Are low-wage call-center jobs the kind we want?
Angus King: No major changes needed for long-term stability.
Charlie Summers: Stop robbing the Trust Fund.
Cynthia Dill: Increase income cap & reduce costs with discipline.
Paul LePage: Threatened to veto bills unless state income tax abolished.
Welfare & Poverty|
Mary Mayhew: Auditor: DHHS improperly managed federal welfare funds.
Janet Mills: Demands release of publically funded welfare study.
Paul LePage: Maine's TANF welfare system is too generous.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of ME political races in The Bangor Daily News.