Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles in Mother Jones magazine
(Click for external website)
Articles in Mother Jones magazine:
- On 2022 MO Senate race: "No, Eric Greitens Was Never 'Exonerated' of Sexual Misconduct," by Madison Pauley, April 2, 2021
- On 2021 Virginia Governor race: "A List of the Lawmakers Who Joined Pro-Trump Crowds on the Day of the Capitol Riot," by Dan Spinelli, January 16, 2021
- On Biden Cabinet (USDA): "Biden Picks Stale White Bread to Lead the USDA," by Tom Philpott, December 9, 2020
- (On 2019-20 GA Special Senate race): "'We Shall Overcome': Raphael Warnock's (Not-So-Long-Shot) Bid to Be Georgia's First Black Senator," by Becca Andrews, 10/21/2020
- (On Trump Impeachment): "The Inevitability of Donald Trump's Impeachment," by David Corn, 12/18/19
- (On Democratic 2020 presidential primary): "Tulsi Gabbard Just Released a Bonkers Response Video About Hillary Clinton," by Jackie Mogensen, October 20, 2019
- "Tulsi Gabbard Just Released a Bonkers Response Video About Hillary Clinton," by Jackie Mogensen, October 20, 2019
- (On 2020 Louisiana Senate race): "Why It Matters That a City Council in Louisiana Repealed a Ban on Saggy Pants," by Laura Thompson, June 13, 2019
- On Biden Cabinet (DOT): "When Pete Buttigieg Had a Chance to Stand Firm on Abortion Rights, He Dodged," by Marisa Endicott, June 13, 2019
- (On Democratic 2020 primary debates): "What Andrew Yang's Universal Basic Income Would Actually Look Like," by Tonya Riley, 4/23/2019
- On Trump Administration: "Not Even a Pandemic Can Stop Trump From Pushing Fossil Fuels," by Chris D'Angelo, March 23, 2020
- "Talking Tough About Corporate Control of Food," by Tom Philpott, March 30, 2019
- 2020-Primaries: "Which 2020 Democrats Are Strongest on Climate?," by Nick Visser, March 27, 2019
- 2020-Primaries: "Presidential Hopefuls Flock to South by Southwest Festival," by Nathalie Baptiste, March 2019
- "Crime Just Keeps on Dropping In NYC," by Kevin Drum, Dec 28, 2017
- "NYC Puts an End to School-Lunch Shaming," by Jenny Luna, Sept 6, 2017
- >On Biden Cabinet (HUD): Mother Jones magazine, "Democrats Are Undermining Wall Street Reform, Too," by Erika Eichelberger, April 3, 2013
- 2020-Primaries: "Faith: Marianne Williamson Is Full of It," Nov/Dec 1997
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Pete Buttigieg: Offered anti-abortion clinic help away from abortion clinic.
Merrick Garland: Record on abortion rights entirely blank.
Justin Amash: Would extend 14th Amendment rights to fetuses.
Chuck Hagel: Supports insurance coverage for abortion for military women.
Joe Manchin III: Pro-life; pro-NRA; anti-EPA.
Budget & Economy|
Justin Amash: Wants major cuts of government programs.
Thomas Ravenel: Government should stay out of our bedrooms &our boardrooms.
Justin Amash: Government shouldn't be defining marriage.
Tom Vilsack: For plan to partially privatize slaughterhouse inspections.
Bernie Sanders: Defend farmers & consumers from corporate middlemen.
Elizabeth Warren: End "integrated" farming favoring corporations over farmers.
Elizabeth Warren: Breakup online monopolies; wealth shouldn't be concentrated.
Marcia Fudge: Co-sponsored Dodd-Frank exemption for some corporate trades.
Donald Trump: FactCheck: yes, second chance with criminal justice reform.
Adrian Perkins: Repealed "saggy pants" law targeting people of color.
Bill de Blasio: NYC enjoying major drop in crime rate.
Ben Carson: Exposure to marijuana results in decreased IQ.
Carly Fiorina: I don't support legal pot, but I support states' pot choice.
Donald Trump: 1990: Drug enforcement is a joke; 2015: only medical pot.
Thomas Ravenel: In favor of ending the war on drugs.
Donald Trump: Legalize drugs and use tax revenue to fund drug education.
Haley Barbour: Ban synthetic marijuana.
Jon Huntsman: Never smoked pot; never legalized it in Utah.
Mitch Daniels: Alternative sentencing for marijuana possession.
Mitt Romney: Opposes legalization of recreational or medical marijuana.
Newt Gingrich: Marijuana legalization would tear America apart.
Tommy Tuberville: When we took away prayer in school we killed this country.
Betsy DeVos: Contributes to education to advance "God's Kingdom".
Energy & Oil|
Donald Trump: Pursues "energy dominance" agenda, even during pandemic.
Cory Booker: Carbon tax should go to alleviating inequality.
Marianne Williamson: Nuclear energy may be part of "green" mix.
Pete Buttigieg: Money from carbon tax should go to American families.
Andrew Yang: Mixed score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Bernie Sanders: Perfect score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Cory Booker: Mixed score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Donald Trump: Establish panel devoted to challenging climate science.
Elizabeth Warren: Perfect score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Jay Inslee: Mixed score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
John Delaney: Zero score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
John Hickenlooper: Zero score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Kirsten Gillibrand: Perfect score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Tulsi Gabbard: Mixed score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Joe Manchin III: Named coal West Virginia's official state rock.
Elena Kagan: Let citizens sue for harm caused by global warming.
Brian Fitzpatrick: Rated 71% by League of Conservation Voters, highest in GOP.
Carlos Curbelo: Co-chair of Climate Solutions Caucus, but rated 23% by LCV.
Matt Gaetz: Introduced bill to abolish the EPA.
Donald Trump: Won't go to circuses that cut elephants due to animal rights.
Families & Children|
Eric Greitens: Greitens was never "exonerated" of sexual misconduct.
Cory Booker: Government funded savings account at birth.
Bill de Blasio: Launched universal free lunch in NYC schools.
Chris McDaniel: Hip-hop culture values prison more than college.
Thomas Ravenel: Opposed to foreign interventions.
Liz Cheney: 1988: Nobody listens to divestment protests on apartheid.
Liz Cheney: 1988: Help South African blacks, but not by empty protests.
Donald Trump: FactCheck: No, VATs are not tariffs against US exports.
Raphael Warnock: Guns not allowed in Capitol, but allowed in our schools?
Chris McDaniel: Blames rising gun violence on "hip-hop" culture.
Thomas Ravenel: Against ObamaCare.
Chris McDaniel: Waterboarding was effective on suspected 9/11 terrorists.
Justin Amash: Led fight in House against domestic NSA surveillance.
Tommy Tuberville: Get a wall up or some kind of fencing.
Principles & Values|
Donald Trump: The insurrection took place on November 3rd, not January 6th.
Amanda Chase: When you back citizens into the corner, they'll push back.
Donald Trump: Paid hush money to porn star, lied about Moscow deal.
Tulsi Gabbard: Hillary Clinton & military-industrial complex smearing me.
Tommy Tuberville: We've got to put Jesus and God before everything else.
Thomas Ravenel: Fiscally conservative and socially moderate libertarian.
Marianne Williamson: Politics steeped in religion is divisive.
Ralph Nader: Chose 16-hour day work instead of personal life.
Andrew Yang: Universal Basic Income recipients might lose other benefits.
Kamala Harris: Monthly tax credit would provide base income.
Howard Schultz: Would increase taxes on rich, sketchy on details.
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles in Mother Jones magazine.