Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles distributed by the Associated Press on Senate contests
(Click for external website)
Articles from The Associated Press (Senatorial races):
- (On Elizabeth Warren): Associated Press on 2018 Massachusetts Senate race, 8/4/2018
- (On Conner Eldridge): Associated Press on 2016 Arkansas Senate race, 9/10/2015
- (On Natalie Tennant & Shelley Moore Capito): The Associated Press on 2014 West Virginia Senate debate, 10/14/2014
- (On Dan Sullivan, Joe Miller & Mead Treadwell): Associated Press on 2014 Alaska Senate race, 8/11/2014
- (On Brian Schatz): Associated Press in The Republic: 2014 Hawaii Senate debate, 7/8/2014
- (On Mark Zaccaria): Associated Press/ABC-6 on 2014 Rhode Island Senate race, 6/25/2014
- (On Dan Sullivan): Associated Press AdWatch on 2014 Alaska Senate race, 2/14/2014
- (On T.W. Shannon): Associated Press on 2014 Oklahoma Senate race, 1/29/2014
- (On Jim Abeler): Associated Press on 2014 Minnesota Senate race, 12/2/2013
- (On Joyce Dickerson): Associated Press coverage of 2014 South Carolina Senate race, 11/8/2013
- (On Mike McFadden): Associated Press on 2014 Minnesota Senate race, 7/23/2013
- (On Jack Robinson): Associated Press on 2013 MA Senate debates, 2/5/2013
- (On Joe Donnelly): Associated Press on 2012 Indiana Senate debate, 10/23/2012
- (On Richard Mourdock): Associated Press on 2012 Indiana Senate debate, 10/23/2012
- (On Joe Kyrillos & Robert Menendez): Associated Press on 2012 N.J. Senate debate, 10/5/2012
- (On Elizabeth Warren): Associated Press on 2012 Mass. Senate debates, 5/25/2012
- (On Paul Sadler): Associated Press in CBS DFW on 2012 Texas Senate debate, 5/4/2012
- (On David Dewhurst): Associated Press/ABC News on 2012 Senate AdWatch, 5/3/2012
- (On Paul Sadler & Ted Cruz): Associated Press on ABC News on 2012 Texas Senate debate, 5/3/2012
- (On Ted Cruz): Associated Press/ABC News on 2012 Senate AdWatch, 5/3/2012
- (On Tom Leppert): Associated Press on ABC News on 2012 Texas Senate debate, 5/3/2012
- (On Don Stenberg, Jon Bruning & Pat Flynn): Associated Press/The Republic on 2012 Nebraska Senate debate, 5/1/2012
- (On Christopher Shays & Linda McMahon): Associated Press on 2012 CT GOP primary Senate debate, 4/22/2012
- (On Chris Murphy): Associated Press coverage of 2012 CT Senate debate, 4/5/2012
- (On Robin Carnahan): Associated Press coverage of 2010 Missouri Senate debate, 10/15/2010
- (On Roy Blunt): Associated Press coverage of 2010 Missouri Senate debate, 10/15/2010
- (On Dino Rossi & Patty Murray): Associated Press coverage of 2010 WA Senate debate, 10/14/2010
- (On Joe Miller & Lisa Murkowski): Associated Press coverage of 2010 Alaska Senate debate, 10/7/2010
- (On Scott McAdams): Associated Press coverage of 2010 Alaska Senate debate, 10/7/2010
- (On Charlie Crist, Kendrick Meek & Marco Rubio): Associated Press coverage of 2010 Florida Senate Debate, 10/6/2010
- (On Blanche Lambert Lincoln & John Boozman): Associated Press coverage of 2010 Arkansas Senate debate, 9/10/2010
- (On Jack Conway): Associated Press coverage of 2010 Kentucky Senate debate, 8/23/2010
- (On Rand Paul): Associated Press coverage of 2010 Kentucky Senate debate, 8/23/2010
- (On Jeff Sessions & Vivian Davis Figures): 2008 Alabama Senate Debate; Associated Press on www.AL.com, 10/11/2008
- (On Betty Castor & Mel Martinez): Florida Senate Debate, Q&A by Associated Press, 10/24/2004
- (On John Neely Kennedy): 2008 Louisiana Senate Debate by Associated Press on NOLA.com, 10/16/2008
- (On Mary Landrieu): 2008 Louisiana Senate Debate by Associated Press on NOLA.com, 10/16/2008
- (On Tom Coburn): OK Senate Debate, Associated Press, 10/28/2004
- (On Scott Kohlhaas): Commentary on AK Senate Debate, in Associated Press, 10/27/2004
- (On Tom Coburn/Carson): OK Senate Debate, in Associated Press, 10/21/2004
- (On Denise Majette & Johnny Isakson): [Xref Majette] GA Senate Debate, in Associated Press, 10/12/2004
- (On Mike Huckabee): Responses to Associated Press Questionnaire for AR Senate, 11/1/1992
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Joe Donnelly: God would never intend for rape to happen.
Richard Mourdock: God at work when rape leads to pregnancy.
Joe Kyrillos: Supports parental notifications and waiting periods.
Charlie Crist: Tea Party is too extreme on outlawing abortion.
Rick Lazio: No funding for abortion; but don’t criminalize it.
Budget & Economy|
Robin Carnahan: 2008 bank bailout helped Wall Street, not ordinary people.
Roy Blunt: Bailout ok; stimulus package a huge mistake.
Charlie Crist: Supports economic stimulus and some parts of ObamaCare.
Kendrick Meek: For economic stimulus, ObamaCare, & repealing Bush tax cuts.
John Neely Kennedy: Be concerned about economy, but not scared.
Mary Landrieu: Opposed $700 billion bailout; not enough taxpayer safeguards.
Jeff Sessions: Bailout well-intentioned, but too much federal intervention.
Vivian Davis Figures: GOP turned nation from surplus to deficit, and jobs get lost.
Charlie Crist: Opposed gay adoption; then praised Court overturning ban.
Rudy Giuliani: Anti-Catholic art is disgusting; appoints decency council.
Mike Huckabee: Treat AIDS as plague to be isolated, not civil rights issue.
Tom Leppert: I'm a career businessman; I've actually created jobs.
John Boozman: Tax cuts for higher income helps small business owners.
John Neely Kennedy: Disallow bank getting so big that its failure wrecks economy.
Elizabeth Warren: Criminal justice system is racist front to back.
Jim Abeler: Major overhaul needed for sex offender laws.
Jack Conway: Epidemic of prescription pill abuse spurs crime.
Rand Paul: Drug abuse isn't a pressing issue; 10-20 years is too harsh.
Doris Haddock: Penalize marijuana use with fines rather than prison time.
Judd Gregg: Marijuana should not be legalized for medical use.
Mike Huckabee: Curb supply by eradication; change attitudes to curb demand.
Ben Sasse: Fought against tougher environmental regulations.
Brad Carson: Support the lottery proposal to fund education.
Energy & Oil|
Joe Miller: Nuclear energy shouldn't be precluded or overlooked.
Mary Landrieu: Proud of expanding oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
Jeff Sessions: Surge in gas prices sucks out American wealth.
Vivian Davis Figures: High gas prices make it harder to make ends meet.
Robin Carnahan: Brother's $107M wind project created 1000s of jobs statewide.
John Neely Kennedy: Wetlands will wash away before 2017 coastal protection.
Chris Murphy: US support of Israel is in our national security interest.
David Dewhurst: Cruz defended Chinese on intellectual property theft.
Ted Cruz: Defended Chinese company on intellectual property theft.
Ted Cruz: Dewhurst lying about defending Chinese intellectual property.
Mark Kelly: Declined to take a position on eliminating the filibuster.
Dan Sullivan: TV ads financed by super-PAC, both for him & against.
Roy Blunt: Took $200K from lobbyists for 2010; tops among House members.
Joe Miller: Federal aid to Alaska is coming to an end.
Joe Miller: Limit federal powers to those spelled out in Constitution.
Lisa Murkowski: Earmarked aid for Alaska is vital; cut pork in Lower 48.
Scott McAdams: Fight for fair share of federal aid to Alaska.
Blanche Lambert Lincoln: No moratorium on earmarks; they fund local projects.
John Neely Kennedy: No pay-for-play; campaign contributions notwithstanding.
Mary Landrieu: I have delivered for Louisiana; send me back for more.
Mike Huckabee: Term limits counter election skewed laws toward incumbents.
Mike Huckabee: Change House terms to 4 years, to avoid constant campaigning.
Mike Huckabee: Won’t vote for pay raise for myself as member of Congress.
Rick Lazio: For Brady Bill & trigger locks; no fans at NRA.
Jon Ossoff: COVID: out of control because government ignored science.
Tom Price: Forced out of HHS for travel expenses.
Conner Eldridge: Improve ObamaCare rather than distractions about repeal.
Blanche Lambert Lincoln: Worked to ensure the overhaul helped small businesses.
John Boozman: Solution like overhaul is what's wrong with government.
Mike Huckabee: No additional AIDS spending; cancer & vascular victims first.
Mike Huckabee: Ban smoking in all public places.
Mike Huckabee: Isolate carriers of this plague of AIDS.
Mike Huckabee: Supports consumer-driven “medical IRA” with tax-free money.
Shelley Moore Capito: Weak Iraq policy let ISIS foment into power.
Brian Schatz: Feds stretched too far in snooping on everyday Americans.
Dan Sullivan: Secure the border, but no pledge against amnesty.
Joe Miller: Sign pledge to oppose all efforts at amnesty.
Mead Treadwell: Secure the border, then illegals can stay if they pay fines.
Paul Sadler: Pathway to citizenship for children of illegal immigrants.
Christopher Shays: Blue card: let illegals work & pay taxes but no citizenship.
Linda McMahon: No amnesty, but expand visas for temporary workers.
Principles & Values|
Martha McSally: It "pisses me off" when Trump attacks John McCain.
Dave Lindstrom: Concerned about growing embrace of socialism.
Shelley Moore Capito: Declined to debate with 3rd-party candidates.
Mark Zaccaria: Former chair of state GOP; former Town Council member.
Dan Sullivan: AdWatch: I love my state; I hate politicians.
T.W. Shannon: Will remain as Speaker during Senate primary.
T.W. Shannon: "Recovering attorney" with JD from Oklahoma City University.
Jack Robinson: Ran as Republican in past; running as Independent in 2013.
Joe Kyrillos: If you think things are just fine, choose my opponent.
Joe Kyrillos: Introduced to his wife by Gov. Christie.
Robert Menendez: Elected mayor of Union City at 32.
Elizabeth Warren: I know I'm 1/32 Cherokee because my mother told me so.
Don Stenberg: Our country's going in the wrong direction.
Don Stenberg: Most campaign funds come from South Carolina PAC.
Jon Bruning: OpEd: Became multimillionaire while serving in public office.
Pat Flynn: Endorsed by Republican Liberty Caucus.
Dino Rossi: Lost 2004 race for governor by 133 votes.
John Boozman: Arkansas can't afford Blanche Lincoln anymore.
John Neely Kennedy: Ran for US Senate in 2004 as Democrat; & endorsed John Kerry.
Mike McFadden: Discuss raising the eligibility age for social security.
John Boozman: Private accounts should be looked at as an option.
Tom Coburn: Black men are being penalized by the Social Security system.
Mike Huckabee: No Congressional pensions; give them same deal as citizens.
Robert Menendez: We cannot simultaneously cut the deficit and cut taxes.
Paul Sadler: Allow tax cuts to expire for nation's wealthiest residents.
Paul Sadler: Allow tax cuts to expire for nation's wealthiest residents.
Dino Rossi: Extend Bush tax cuts; allow entrepreneurs to be successful.
Patty Murray: Extending Bush tax cuts reduces social & health programs.
Marco Rubio: Extend Bush tax cuts, even for high earners.
Blanche Lambert Lincoln: The ultrawealthy should not receive tax cuts.
Blanche Lambert Lincoln: National sales tax of 23% is just a bad idea for Arkansans.
John Neely Kennedy: Cut taxes & stop deficit-spending, to fight economic crisis.
Jeff Sessions: Bush tax cuts have helped the economy.
Mike Huckabee: No tax increase under any circumstances.
T.W. Shannon: Consistently opposes bond issues to pay for infrastructure.
Joyce Dickerson: Ensure the county has reliable public transportation.
Mike Huckabee: Opposes public electronic voting; wouldn’t focus on issues.
War & Peace|
Conner Eldridge: Opposes Obama's Iran nuclear deal; needs more verification.
Natalie Tennant: We should consider ground troops against ISIS.
Dan Sullivan: At State Department, I pursued global terrorist regimes.
Jeff Sessions: Pleased with the success of the surge.
Jeff Sessions: Withdrawal timetable tells enemy when to prepare an attack.
Vivian Davis Figures: Bush sent troops to war on erroneous claims.
Vivian Davis Figures: Mideast less stable than before we invaded Iraq.
Doris Haddock: Iraq war was a mistake that never should have happened.
Hillary Clinton: Support Israel in finding a safe and secure peace.
Rick Lazio: Follow Israel’s lead on independent Palestine.
Welfare & Poverty|
T.W. Shannon: Require 20 hours of work activity for food stamp recipients.
Jack Conway: Faith-based programs instead of federal money.
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles distributed by the Associated Press on Senate contests.