Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles in the newsmagazine National Review
(Click for external website)
Articles in The National Review magazine:
- On 2022 Georgia Governor race, "Stacey Abrams Dodges on Whether She'd Accept Georgia Gubernatorial Election Results," by Caroline Downey, October 17, 2022 , (Link)
- National Review, "Rahm Emanuel: Hey, Let's Strip Gun Owners of Due-Process Rights," by David Harsanyi, March 29, 2021
- 2020-MN-5-House: "The Squad Pushes Back after Obama Criticizes 'Defund the Police' Slogan," by Brittany Bernstein, December 2, 2020
- 2022-SC-Senate & 2020-TN-Senate: "American Families Want More School Choice," by Alexandra Desanctis, September 30, 2020
- 2022_MI_Gov: "Mich. Gov. Orders State Employees to Conduct 'Implicit Bias Training'," by Zachary Evans, August 5, 2020
- 2020-Veepstakes: "Susan Rice Blames 'Foreign Actors' for Stirring George Floyd Protests," by Zachary Evans, June 1, 2020
- 2020-OR-Senate: "Against Jo Rae Perkins", May 23, 2020
- 2020-MI-Senate: "John James, the Michigan GOP's Rising Star" by John J. Miller, May 14, 2020
- 2020_Primaries: "Joe Sestak: The Most Interesting Democrat You Forgot Was Running," by Jim Geraghty, August 6, 2019
- 2020_Primaries:"Trump Should Welcome a Challenge from Mark Sanford," by Jonathan S. Tobin, July 18, 2019
- 2020_Primaries:"Twenty Things You Probably Didn't Know about Marianne Williamson," by Jim Geraghty, July 1, 2019
- "Washington Becomes First State to Legalize Human Composting," by Jack Crowe, May 22, 2019
- "Plausible Alternative," by David French, 5/5/2016
- "GOP will lose 2016", by Lawrence Kudlow, 5/8/2015
- Jeb Bush opinion piece, 3/25/2015
- "Recovery: 5 Years", by Lawrence Kudlow, 7/15/2014
- "Just say no to Ex-Im", by Lawrence Kudlow, 6/27/2014
- "Enough pot happy talk", by Lawrence Kudlow, 1/3/2014
- "Santorum So-Con", 3/11/2011
- “Dump Chafee”, 2/6/2006
- John J. Miller, “Laffey the Best Medicine?”, 5/18/2005
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
David French: Denounce Planned Parenthood as largest abortion provider.
Gary Johnson: No funding for abortion; other restrictions ok.
Heidi Heitkamp: Opposed 20-week abortion ban.
John Bolton: Against abortion except for rape, incest, or maternal health.
Kevin Cramer: Announced for Senate due to incumbent's pro-choice vote.
Marianne Williamson: 2006: Mandatory counseling/(2014) No longer supports.
Stephen Laffey: Pro-life.
Budget & Economy|
Larry Kudlow: The massive federal stimulus of 2009-10 did not work.
David French: Don't treat "gender identity" as a protected class.
David French: When identity politics rule, racism and polarization thrive.
John Bolton: Supports gay marriage, at state and federal level.
John Kasich: I support traditional marriage, but it's time to move on.
Neil Gorsuch: Desegregation lawsuits won critical civil-rights victories.
Neil Gorsuch: Gay marriage might win lawsuits but loses at ballot box.
Pete Coors: Coors provides same-sex couple benefits equally.
Tim Scott: Require state employees to undergo implicit bias training.
Larry Kudlow: Low tax rates around the world attract corporate cash.
David French: Don't prosecute police for wrongful arrests; intent matters.
Ilhan Omar: The slogan "Defund the Police" is a policy demand.
Larry Kudlow: Sober discussion about addiction risks of smoking marijuana.
Rick Santorum: Smoked pot in college, but knew it was wrong.
John James: We have failed our children, supports school choice.
Lamar Alexander: COVID: direct some relief funding to school choice programs.
Pete Coors: Supports school choice.
Tim Scott: COVID: direct some relief funding to school choice programs.
Energy & Oil|
John James: Green New Deal would decimate Michigan's economy.
Jay Inslee: Signs first human composting bill into law.
Larry Kudlow: EPA overreach has created substantial uncertainties.
Al Gore: Gore calls for resignation of Bush foreign policy team.
Jeb Bush: Peace deal with Iran threatens America & menaces Israel.
Marco Rubio: We've neglected Latin American democracies & our alliances.
Marianne Williamson: 2007: Let Iranian president visit Ground Zero.
David French: Punitive tariffs increase prices & trigger trade wars.
John James: Fight China over soybeans now, or bullets later.
Larry Kudlow: Ex-Im is the perfect example of corporate welfare.
Pete Coors: Supports free trade.
Stephen Laffey: Supports the Central American Free Trade Agreement.
Ted Cruz: Five for Freedom: shutter five cabinet-level agencies.
Stacey Abrams: Lawsuit of 80,000 complaints against 2018 Governor election.
David French: Second Amendment is an individual, not a collective, right.
Rahm Emanuel: OpEd: He wants to confiscate guns without due process.
Richard Carmona: Shot while defending hostage from killer, at gunpoint.
Ben Carson: Health savings account from birth; teach poor responsibility.
Ben Carson: Spokesperson for Mannatech nutrition supplement for 10 years.
David French: Don't trust those who praise single-payer health care.
John James: Medicare for All terrible; barely paying for Medicare now.
David French: Lionize the valor of every life given honorably in service.
Gary Johnson: American military interventions made terrorist problem worse.
Herman Cain: START treaty gives away too much; build missile defense.
John Bolton: Voters care more about national security than media believes.
Larry Kudlow: Program of economic growth & strong national defense.
Susan Rice: Russia may have helped stir up violent protests.
Ted Cruz: Many more questions remain about Benghazi.
David French: No path to citizenship, no touchback-amnesty.
David French: Executive amnesty illegally let in 100,000 immigrants.
Joe Sestak: Illegal immigrants should pay fine; get to back of the line.
Larry Kudlow: Reach out to Hispanics with immigration reform.
Marco Rubio: Deal with border & future immigrants BEFORE any amnesty.
Principles & Values|
Jo Rae Perkins: Supports "batty, corrosive" QAnon conspiracy theory.
John Bolton: Libertarian at home; but protected internationally.
John Bolton: Campaigns are about the horse race, & should be about policy.
John James: From slave to senate candidate in four generations.
John James: Liberal violence is construed as speech.
Marianne Williamson: Launched Project Angel Food: deliver meals to AIDS patients.
Mark Sanford: Comeback to Congress in 2012; lost in GOP primary in 2018.
Michael Bennet: No particular religion nor congregation but believes in God.
Michael Bennet: Raised in two different heritages, Jewish and Christian.
Bobby Jindal: Supported privatization & reform, early & enthusiastically.
Stephen Laffey: Criticizes Bush's Social Security proposals.
Ben Carson: Bible endorses flat tax--10% tithing.
David French: Increasing taxes or increasing debt are both miserable.
Mike Gravel: I advocate a FairTax: pay as you spend.
New Testament: OpEd: Bible endorses flat tax--10% tithing.
John Bolton: Because media runs debates, no one discusses the issues.
War & Peace|
Jeb Bush: On Palestine: Israel won't sacrifice when she is threatened.
Marianne Williamson: Repurpose military infrastructure for sustainable society.
Mike Gravel: Dislodge ourselves from Iraq, by working with Iran & Syria.
Welfare & Poverty|
Marianne Williamson: Equal access to opportunity for a stable democracy.
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles in the newsmagazine National Review.