Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Vox Media (news website)
(Click for external website)
Articles in Vox.com blog:
- 2024_CA_Senate: "Who is Laphonza Butler, California's new senator?," by Nicole Narea, Oct 2, 2023, (Link)
- VOX, "Who is Ketanji Brown Jackson?," by Ian Millhiser, Feb 25, 2022
- Vox.com, "Why is Putin attacking Ukraine? He told us," by Zack Beauchamp, Feb 23, 2022,
- Vox.com, "How America's NATO expansion obsession plays into the Ukraine crisis," by Jonathan Guyer, Jan 27, 2022
- Vox.com, "The Supreme Court shut down an attack on ObamaCare in the most dismissive way possible," by Ian Millhiser Jun 17, 2021
- Vox.com, "Amy Coney Barrett handed down a revealing first Supreme Court opinion," by Ian Millhiser, Feb 6, 2021
- "Sen. David Perdue's racist treatment of Sen. Kamala Harris's name was all too familiar," by Li Zhouli, Oct 18, 2020
- "Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the future of the left," by Aaron Ross Coleman, Aug 22, 2020
- "Joe Biden likes you," by Ezra Klein, 8/21/20
- "5 winners and 4 losers from the last night of the Democratic convention," by D.Matthews, D.Scott, L.Zhou, Z.Beauchamp, G.Lopez, E.VanDerWerff, E.Stewart, E.Nilsen, & I.Millhiser, 8/21/20
- "Andrew Yang said the smartest thing about Biden at the DNC," by Zack Beauchamp, Aug 20, 2020
- (On Trump Impeachment): "Rudy Giuliani just blew up Trump's 'no quid pro quo' talking point," by Aaron Rupar, Dec 6, 2019
- "Warren's bold plan to crack down on corruption in Washington, explained," by Ella Nilsenella, Sep. 16, 2019
- "Wayne Messam's key policy proposals, briefly explained", by Sean Collins, 7/2/2019
- "The 20-year argument between Biden and Warren over bankruptcy," by Matthew Yglesias, May 6, 2019
- "Democrats are increasingly critical of Israel. Not Pete Buttigieg," by Alex Ward, 4/3/2019
- "Trump's decision to cut off aid to 3 Central American countries, explained," by Dara Lind, Apr 1, 2019
- "An abortion clinic is suing to open in Pete Buttigieg's city," by Anna North, 3/27/2019
- "Meet the first Democrat running for president on climate change," by David Roberts, Mar 1, 2019
- "That time Donald Trump proposed a 14.5 percent wealth tax", by Matthew Yglesias, Jan 31, 2019
- "5 anti-poverty plans from 2020 Democratic presidential contenders, explained," by Dylan Matthews, Jan 30, 2019
- "Elizabeth Warren's proposed tax on enormous fortunes, explained," by Matthew Yglesias, Jan 24, 2019
- Vox.com blog, "The Rhode Island governor's race, the left's next chance for an upset, explained," by Dylan Scott, Sep 12, 2018
- (On Brett Kavanaugh): Vox.com on lead-up to SCOTUS Confirmation Hearing, 9/5/2018
- (On Charles Schumer & Martin Heinrich): Vox.com on 2018 New Mexico Senate race, 8/28/2018
- (On Brett Kavanaugh): Vox.com on lead-up to SCOTUS Confirmation Hearing, 7/12/2018
- (On Tom Wolf & John Fetterman): Vox.com on 2018 Pennsylvania gubernatorial race, 5/16/2018
- WV-Senate, "Ojeda's win gives Democrats their best chance to turn coal country blue," by Alexia Fernández Campbell, May 9, 2018
- (On Bernie Sanders): Vox.com 2015 coverage of 2016 presidential hopefuls, 7/28/2015
- (On Carly Fiorina, Chris Christie, Scott Walker & Ted Cruz): Vox.com coverage of 2015 Conservative Political Action Conf., 2/27/2015
- (On Antonio Villaraigosa): Voxxi.com on 2014 California governor's race, 9/2/2012
- (On Cynthia Nixon): Jen Kirby in Vox.com on 2018 New York gubernatorial race, 3/22/2018
- (On Bob Casey): Jeff Stein in Vox.com, "TrumpCare dead", 3/29/2017
- (On Claire McCaskill & Cory Booker): Jeff Stein in Vox.com, "TrumpCare dead", 3/29/2017
- (On Donald Trump): Timothy A. Clary on Vox.com, Donald Trump's Black Outreach, 9/17/2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Dave Schatz: Supported "Missouri Stands for the Unborn Act".
Jim Neely: Supported "Missouri Stands for the Unborn Act".
Mike Parson: Signed "Missouri Stands for the Unborn Act".
Pete Buttigieg: Abortion is a woman's choice, not a political statement.
Scott Sifton: Opposed "Missouri Stands for the Unborn Act".
Bill Eigel: Supported "Missouri Stands for the Unborn Act".
Crystal Quade: Opposed "Missouri Stands for the Unborn Act".
Laphonza Butler: President of Emily's List, backing pro-choice candidates.
Budget & Economy|
Charles Schumer: Measure distribution of growth, not just overall GDP growth.
Donald Trump: 1999: one-time wealth tax on top 1% to reduce national debt.
Martin Heinrich: Measure distribution of growth, not just overall GDP growth.
Jay Inslee: Statehood for DC & Puerto Rico; they deserve representation.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Oversaw budget cuts to groups serving battered women.
Brett Kavanaugh: Federal regulatory agencies are threat to individual liberty.
Kamala Harris: I chose the unpopular thing to NOT seek the death penalty.
Ketanji Brown Jackson: On US Sentencing Commission, helped reduce drug sentences.
Tom Wolf: Moratorium on death penalty; reprieves to death-row inmates.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: May have meddled in theft investigation at daughter's home.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Didn't investigate corruption over hurricane relief.
Joe Biden: 2005: no bankruptcy for student loans; 2015: student relief.
Richard Ojeda: Outspoken support for teachers during strike.
Wayne Messam: One-time forgiveness of student debt, increase Pell Grants.
Energy & Oil|
Andrew Yang: Decarbonize US economy by 2035.
Donald Trump: End war on coal: it's important for our defense.
Jay Inslee: Fighting climate change must be top goal of next president.
Jay Inslee: Supported renewable portfolio; supports Green New Deal.
John Fetterman: Fracking acceptable if it brings thousands of jobs.
Pope Francis: Climate change is a critical problem that must be addressed.
Carly Fiorina: I know the leaders of the Mideast; Obama & Hillary do not.
Donald Trump: Treat foes of US worse than they could ever imagine.
Lincoln Chafee: After Iraq war, we have to repair American credibility.
Veronica Escobar: Puerto Rico still rebuilding after 2017 Hurricane Maria.
Cynthia Nixon: Main focus of campaign is exposing ongoing corruption.
Elizabeth Warren: End corruption of government by corporations & billionaires.
Ketanji Brown Jackson: Executive privilege not absolute; Presidents are not kings.
Brett Kavanaugh: Banning semiautomatic rifles & handgun registration unlawful.
Donald Trump: Teachers with gun training should be allowed to carry.
Veronica Escobar: Hate speech stokes gun violence and mass shootings.
Wayne Messam: No guns for mentally ill, domestic abusers, watch lists.
Bob Casey: Defend ObamaCare instead of single-payer.
Claire McCaskill: Keep options open, instead of single-payer.
Cory Booker: Ok to consider single-payer, but I'm not behind it.
Jay Inslee: Implemented statewide public option within ObamaCare.
Jay Inslee: Medicare for all who want it: opt-in, not mandate.
Neil Gorsuch: Individual mandate is unconstitutional even with $0 tax.
Samuel Alito: Individual mandate is unconstitutional even with $0 tax.
Pete Buttigieg: Be serious about security like Israel, but live freely.
Vladimir Putin: Ukraine and Georgia in NATO is threat to Russia.
Vladimir Putin: 2013 Euromaidan protests: dangerous Ukraine nationalism.
Bernie Sanders: Open borders for guest workers pushes down U.S. worker wages.
Donald Trump: Cut off aid $700M to Central American Northern Triangle.
Pope Francis: Opposes border wall between US and Mexico.
Pope Francis: Vocal advocate for the plight of refugees.
Veronica Escobar: In America, diversity makes us stronger.
John Fetterman: Raise minimum wage to $15 per hour.
Scott Walker: Right-to-work rules stand up for the hardworking taxpayers.
Tom Wolf: Raised minimum wage from $7 to $10 per hour.
Veronica Escobar: Raise the federal minimum wage.
Laphonza Butler: Was labor organizer; led fight for $15 minimum wage in CA.
Principles & Values|
Adam Schiff: Trump accepting assistance from Russians is criminal.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Trump represents fascism in the United States.
Amy Coney Barrett: Neutral laws may impact religious groups.
Brett Kavanaugh: Neutral laws may impact religious groups.
Chris Christie: Sometimes must tell constituents to sit down & shut up.
David Perdue: Mocked Kamala Harris's first name at Trump rally.
Joe Biden: Member of the same club: those who stutter.
John Fetterman: Beat establishment incumbent as Bernie Sanders progressive.
Ketanji Brown Jackson: Thanked God, one can only come this far by faith.
Ricky Rossello: Leak of bigoted, vulgar messages leads to protests.
Rudy Giuliani: Tweeted "quid pro quo" for Ukraine aid that Trump denied.
Ted Cruz: I'm despised by GOP establishment, but so was Reagan.
Gina Raimondo: Moved workers from state pensions to 401(k)-like plans.
Donald Trump: Comparison of Warren wealth tax to Trump wealth tax.
Donald Trump: People want tax cuts; don't understand tax reform.
Elizabeth Warren: Comparison of Trump wealth tax to Warren wealth tax.
Elizabeth Warren: Curb inequality: 2% tax on assets over $50M; 3% over $1B.
Joe Biden: Tax code shouldn't reward wealth more than work.
Richard Ojeda: Raise taxes on natural gas companies building pipelines.
Jay Inslee: Requires major rebuilding of America, means new jobs.
War & Peace|
Donald Trump: To eradicate ISIS, we need action, not talk.
George W. Bush: 2008: Support for Ukraine in NATO is a threat to Russia.
Lincoln Chafee: Calls drone strikes "extrajudicial assassinations".
Welfare & Poverty|
Cory Booker: HOME Act: $134 billion a year via EITC for people in poverty.
Donald Trump: Rebuild our black inner cities, which are so sad.
Elizabeth Warren: Bankruptcy filers are squeezed by economy, not irresponsible.
Joe Biden: 2005 Bankruptcy bill was flawed, but my input made it better.
Kamala Harris: LIFT Act and Rent Relief: $42 billion to people in poverty.
Ro Khanna: GAIN Act: $111 billion a year for people in poverty.
Sherrod Brown: GAIN Act: $111 billion a year for people in poverty.
The above quotations are from Vox Media (news website).