Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of VA political races in The Virginian-Pilot
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Virginian-Pilot (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob McDonnell (1) Virginia Republican Governor
- Ed Gillespie (1) Virginia Republican 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
- Frank Wagner (1) Virginia Republican
- George Allen (4) Republican
- Jamie Radtke (5) Former Republican Senate Challenger (2012) Virginia
- Jim Gilmore (7) Republican presidential candidate
- Mark Herring (3) Virginia Democratic candidate for governor
- Mark Warner (7) Virginia Former Democratic Governor (2002-2006); elected Senator 2008
- Ralph Northam (2) Virginia Democratic Governor
- Scott Taylor (2) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Virginia
- Tim Kaine (2) Virginia Democratic Nominee for Vice President
- Tom Perriello (1) Virginia Democratic candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from the Virginian-Pilot:
- (On Ed Gillespie, Ralph Northam & Tom Perriello): Virginian-Pilot on 2017 Virginia gubernatorial race, 2/18/2017
- (On Bob McDonnell & Frank Wagner): Virginian-Pilot on 2017 Virginia gubernatorial race, 1/31/2013
- (On Jamie Radtke & George Allen): The Virginian-Pilot on 2012 Virginia Senate debate, 5/12/2012
- (On George Allen, Jamie Radtke & Tim Kaine): The Virginian-Pilot on 2012 Virginia Senate debate, 4/29/2012
- (On Jim Gilmore & Mark Warner): 2008 VA Senate debate reported in The Virginian-Pilot, 10/17/2008
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Scott Taylor: Opposes taxpayer funding, but says women have choice.
Jim Gilmore: As governor, I stood for the sanctity of life.
Mark Warner: Support Roe v. Wade, but respect differing views.
Budget & Economy|
Jamie Radtke: Congress should have reformed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
George Allen: No future debt-limit increases until spending is restrained.
Mark Herring: Governor should resign after wearing blackface, but not me.
Ralph Northam: Outed for blackface photo in 1984 medical school yearbook.
Tim Kaine: GOP agenda on gay marriage is divisive social legislation.
Jim Gilmore: No quotas, but create opportunities for minorities.
Jim Gilmore: Keep "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" for gays in the military.
Mark Warner: We still need affirmative action, for now.
Mark Warner: Let military leaders advise about "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".
Mark Herring: Reform cash bail; more diversity in judiciary.
Tom Perriello: Replace school-to-prison pipeline with school-to-workforce.
Mark Herring: Marijuana criminalization doesn't work; expunge records.
Ed Gillespie: Opposes decriminalization, but align penalty to pot offense.
Ralph Northam: Blacks are twice as likely to be arrested for pot possession.
Jim Gilmore: No Child Left Behind Act isn't working.
Mark Warner: No Child Left Behind Act isn't working.
Energy & Oil|
Scott Taylor: Climate change happening, but not sure how much is manmade.
Jamie Radtke: Line-item veto to get rid of earmark spending.
Bob McDonnell: ObamaCare is expensive, bureaucratic, and inflexible.
Frank Wagner: Expand Medicaid as long as federal share stays overs 90%.
Jamie Radtke: Repeal Obama's health care overhaul.
Jim Gilmore: Health Savings Accounts; association plans; and tort reform.
Jim Gilmore: Lower Medicare premiums for seniors & keep program solvent.
Mark Warner: Cannot allow 47 million Americans to go without access.
George Allen: Spending necessary to bolster the military, post-9-11.
George Allen: 52,000 earmarks, but mostly for defense & security.
Jim Gilmore: Close the pay gap for long-term military retention.
Mark Warner: World-class benefits for military veterans.
Principles & Values|
Jamie Radtke: Career politicians are part of the problem.
George Allen: Raise retirement age; more retirement security options.
Jamie Radtke: Raise retirement age; private retirement security options.
Tim Kaine: No dangerous privatization schemes for Social Security.
Mark Warner: Bi-partisan commission on entitlements, with binding outcome.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of VA political races in The Virginian-Pilot.