Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles distributed by the Associated Press on 2020 races
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Associated Press (number of quotes indicated):
- Antony Blinken (2) Secretary of State
- Ben Sasse (1) Republican Jr Senator Nebraska
- Beto O`Rourke (1) Texas Democratic candidate for Governor; U.S. Rep
- Bill de Blasio (1) New York Democratic primary candidate and NYC mayor
- Brian Kemp (1) Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- Dave Lindstrom (1) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Kansas
- Derek Schmidt (5) Kansas Republican challenger for Governor
- Donald Trump (1) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Doug Burgum (1) North Dakota Republican candidate for Governor
- Eddie Melton (1) Indiana Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Eric Adams (1) New York Democratic Mayor NYC
- Gina Raimondo (1) Rhode Island Secretay of Commerce
- Greg Pence (1) Republican U.S. Rep Indiana-6
- Jeff Bartos (2) Republican Challenger Pennsylvania
- Joe Biden (1) Democratic V.P.
- John Cox (1) California Republican candidate for California Governor
- John Cranley (1) Ohio Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- John Kerry (1) Cabinet Climate Envoy
- Jon Ossoff (1) Democratic Senate challenger Georgia
- Julian Castro (1) Texas Mayor of San Antonio; HUD Secretary
- Justin Fairfax (1) Virginia Virginia Democratic Governor
- Kamala Harris (2) California Democratic nominee for Vice President; California Senator
- Kevin Paffrath (1) California Democratic candidate for governor
- Kim Reynolds (1) Iowa Republican
- Leslie Rutledge (1) Arkansas Republican candidate for Governor
- Mandela Barnes (3) Democratic Senate candidate Wisconsin
- Mark Kelly (1) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Arizona
- Martha McSally (1) Republican appointee for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
- Pete Snyder (1) Virginia Republican Primary Gubernatorial Candidate
- Rocky De La Fuente (1) Alliance / Reform Party nominee
- Ron DeSantis (1) Florida Republican candidate for governor
- Spencer Cox (3) Utah Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Todd Young (1) Republican Senate Challenger Indiana
- Woody Myers (1) Indiana Democratic candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from The Associated Press (2020 to date):
- 2022_WI_Senate,: "Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes joins US Senate race," by Scott Bauer, July 20, 2021
- On 2022_FL_Gov: "Fla. governor signs bill requiring moment for school prayer," by Bobby Caina Calvan, June 14, 2021
- KAKE-ABC, "Push against trans athletes in girls' sports fails in Kansas," May 3, 2021
- On 2022_IA_Gov: "Iowa governor declines to help house migrant children," by David Pitt, April 8, 2021
- KSHB-41, "Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt announces intent to run for governor," by Kari Williams & John Hanna, Mar 09, 2021
- On 2022_IN_Senate: Indiana Sen. Todd Young announces 2022 reelection campaign, March 2, 2021
- "Analysis: Biden retreats from vow to make pariah of Saudis," by Ellen Knickmeyer, March 2, 2021
- On 2022 Kansas Governor race: "Kansas bill to recognize other states' gun permits advances," by Andy Tsubasa Field, February 10, 2021
- On 2021 Virginia Governor race: "Republican Snyder joins crowded Virginia governor contest," by Sarah Rankin, January 26, 2021
- 2022_AR_GovKY3-News (Springfield MO), "Arkansas attorney general sued, allegedly misused taxpayer money," by Associated Press, Jan. 16, 2021
- On January 6th Capitol Riot, "Louisiana congressmen vote to overturn election results after deadly 'insurrection'," by Kevin Dupuy, January 7, 2021
- Biden_Cabinet: Associated Press, "Biden names climate statesman John Kerry as climate envoy," by Ellen Knickmeyer, November 23, 2020
- 2021_VA_Gov: WSLS-10 News, "Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax announces bid for Virginia governor," by Associated Press, September 10, 2020
- IN-6 House race, "Representative Greg Pence criticized for racist items sold at his mall," by Casey Smith, 7/31/2020
- On 2022 Rhode Island Governor race: "Raimondo aims to close Veterans Home deficit and boost funds," January 17, 2020
- 2020-IN-Gov: Associated Press on WGN-TV on 2020 Indiana governor race Dec 14, 2019
- 2020 Presidential: Associated Press AccessWire on 2020 presidential hopefuls Oct 26, 2019
- 2020-NE-Senate: Associated Press on 2020 Nebraska Senate campaign Aug 5, 2019
- 2020-KS-Senate: Associated Press on 2020 Kansas Senate race Jun 27, 2019
- 2020-UT-Gov: Associated Press coverage of 2020 Utah gubernatorial race May 14, 2019
- On 2022_GA_Gov: "Georgia's Republican Gov. Brian Kemp signs early abortion ban," by Associated Press, May 7, 2019
- 2020 Presidential: Associated Press, "Reparations," on 2020 Democratic primary Apr 3, 2019
- 2020-ND-Gov: Associated Press on 2020 North Dakota gubernatorial race Mar 19, 2019
- 2020 Presidential: Associated Press on 2020 Democratic primary Mar 14, 2019
- 2020 Presidential: Associated Press on ABC7NY on 2020 Democratic primary Jan 22, 2019
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Cranley: Personally opposes abortion but is pro-choice.
Derek Schmidt: Limited-government conservative who opposes abortion.
Spencer Cox: Supports law banning most abortions after 18 weeks.
Brian Kemp: Signed fetal heartbeat bill, tax deductions for fetuses.
Bill de Blasio: Crucial to protect women's right to choose in 2019.
Derek Schmidt: Would have signed vetoed transgender athlete ban.
Antony Blinken: Human rights are co-equal; there is no hierarchy.
Antony Blinken: Women's rights--including sexual rights--are human rights.
Greg Pence: Says he doesn't manage his mall that sells racist objects.
Rocky De La Fuente: Successfully challenged ballot access laws and regulations.
Spencer Cox: Wants "Utah solution" to protecting LGTBQ kids.
Beto O`Rourke: Supports commission investigating reparations for slavery.
Julian Castro: Supports commission investigating reparations for slavery.
Doug Burgum: Repeal Sunday morning shopping ban.
Mandela Barnes: Critical of racial disparities in police actions.
Eric Adams: I'll have cops' backs, but they'll have backs of the people.
Kamala Harris: Federal and state moratorium on death penalty.
Kamala Harris: 2004: no death penalty for cop killer; 2019: apply to all.
Eddie Melton: Allow some level of marijuana use, and recreational sales.
Woody Myers: Allow some level of marijuana use; not recreational sales.
Ben Sasse: Fought against tougher environmental regulations.
Energy & Oil|
John Kerry: First on National Security Council to work on climate change.
Joe Biden: No punishment for Saudis killing Jamal Khashoggi.
Mandela Barnes: Fighting to protect democracy and right to vote.
Leslie Rutledge: OpEd: Lawsuit alleges election challenge was self-serving.
Jeff Bartos: Election not stolen; Trump not to blame for insurrection.
Jeff Bartos: For voter ID, end "no excuse" absentee ballots.
Pete Snyder: Against on-again-off-again regulations on small business.
Mark Kelly: Declined to take a position on eliminating the filibuster.
Mandela Barnes: Has advocated for tighter gun control laws.
Derek Schmidt: Recognize out of state concealed carry permits.
Derek Schmidt: COVID: Opposed prisoner vaccines; closing churches, schools.
Derek Schmidt: Elected Attorney-General opposing Affordable Care Act.
Jon Ossoff: COVID: out of control because government ignored science.
Donald Trump: FactCheck: No massive prices cuts for prescription drugs.
Spencer Cox: Supports move to scale back Medicaid expansion.
Gina Raimondo: Close deficit, boost budget of RI Veterans Home.
Kim Reynolds: Migrant children not our problem, different under Trump.
Todd Young: Cites support for border wall in re-election announcement.
John Cox: The real, true minimum wage should be zero.
Principles & Values|
Kevin Paffrath: Recall part of a national referendum on Trumpism.
Ron DeSantis: Compels schools to have moment of silence for prayer.
Martha McSally: It "pisses me off" when Trump attacks John McCain.
Justin Fairfax: Denies two allegations of sexual assault.
Dave Lindstrom: Concerned about growing embrace of socialism.
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles distributed by the Associated Press on 2020 races.