Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of nationwide 2020s political races in The Washington Post
(Click for external website)
Articles in The Washington Post on races in the 2020s:
- Washington Post, "A quick guide to Ketanji Brown Jackson's health-related rulings," by Rachel Roubein, February 28, 2022
- Washington Post, "Possible Supreme Court nominee, former defender, saw impact of harsh drug sentence firsthand," by Ann E. Marimow and Aaron C. Davis, January 30, 2022
- On Foreign Influences: "China seeks to reduce abortions, as Beijing pushes for more children," by Eva Dou, September 27, 2021
- On 2022_SD_Senate, "As daughter sought state license, Noem summoned agency head," by Stephen Groves, September 27, 2021
- On 2021 VA Governor: "Glenn Youngkin, GOP nominee for Virginia governor, goes mum on guns and abortion," by Laura Vozzella, May 26, 2021
- On State Dept. Confirmation Hearings, "In today's Republican Party, there is no greater offense than honesty," by Jeff Flake, May 11, 2021
- On 2022_WI_Senate: "Wall Street roots. NBA owner's son. Wisconsin's next Democratic senator?," by Candace Buckner, May 10, 2021
- (On 2022 Maryland Governor's race): "John B. King, former Obama education secretary, running for Maryland governor," by Erin Cox, April 20, 2021
- (On 2021 Virginia Governor's race): "Diverse field of Democratic candidates for Virginia governor faces off in debate," by Gregory S. Schneider, April 6, 2021
- (On 2022_CA_Senate), "Transcript: New Government with Alex Padilla," March 23, 2021
- (On 2022 FL Senate race): "Transcript: A Conversation with Rep. Val Demings," Feb. 2, 2021
- (On 2022_MA Governor's race): "Why I'm exploring a run for governor of Massachusetts," by Danielle Allen, December 18, 2020
- (On 2021 Virginia Governor's race): "Republican contender for Va. governor says Trump should declare martial law," by Laura Vozzella, Dec. 15, 2020
- (On H.R.6210): "Apple is lobbying against a bill aimed at stopping forced labor in China," by Reed Albergotti, November 20, 2020
- (On Bernie Sanders & Elizabeth Warren): excerpts of 8th Democrat 2020 primary debate Feb 8, 2020
- (On Mark Sanford, Bill Weld & Joe Walsh): on 2020 presidential hopefuls Sep 13, 2019
- (On Justin Amash): OpEd by 2020 Presidential hopefuls Jul 4, 2019
- (On Pete Buttigieg): on 2020 Democratic primary Mar 29, 2019
- (On Mike Pence): on 2020 Veepstakes Mar 4, 2019
- (On Creigh Deeds & Ralph Northam): on 2020 Virginia voting record Feb 17, 2019
- (On Joe Biden): OpEd in Washington Post, Jun 25, 2018
- Washington Post, "The left and right agree: Fox News destroyed EPA chief Scott Pruitt over climate change," by Amy B Wang, April 3, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Glenn Youngkin: Protect the life of every Virginia child born and unborn.
Glenn Youngkin: My religion teaches me protect life before and after.
Tiffany Smiley: Keeping your child shouldn't be a ticket to poverty.
Budget & Economy|
Lee Carter: Put economic power into the hands of working people.
Alex Padilla: These aren't stimulus checks; they're basic survival checks.
John B. King: Great-grandfather enslaved; must grapple with racial equity.
Joe Biden: 1970s: Desegregating society ok, but not via school busing.
Ketanji Brown Jackson: Pushed to commute uncle's sentence under "three strikes" law.
Joe Biden: 1990s: Supported tough-on-crime; 2019:considers those racist.
John B. King: Expand education access; seek universal preschool.
Joe Biden: 1970s: outspoken Senate critic of school desegregation.
Scott Pruitt: As state AG sued to block Obama's Clean Power Plan.
Families & Children|
Ketanji Brown Jackson: 2018: Keep Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program.
Elizabeth Warren: Real money into schools & housing, to fight child poverty.
Joe Biden: Focus on our children, to address child poverty.
Joe Biden: $750M to Central America to address root cause of migration.
Joe Biden: Revive Alliance for Prosperity with Central America.
Kristi Noem: Summoned employee who denied daughter's license.
Jennifer McClellan: Worked to create Virginia Voting Rights Act.
Justin Fairfax: Opponents accepted "false" accusation, no due process.
Alex Padilla: Yes to expanding Supreme Court; not sure on term limits.
Val Demings: Members of extremist groups shouldn't be in police, military.
Amanda Chase: If Trump not made president, declare martial law.
David Perdue: OpEd: Refusal to debate seemed lordly and dismissive.
Bernie Sanders: Wealthy donors turn their backs on working families.
Elizabeth Warren: FactCheck: prolific past presence with high-dollar donors.
Glenn Youngkin: Against red flag laws, universal background checks.
Terry McAuliffe: Promises to ban assault rifles and high-capacity magazines.
Creigh Deeds: Postpone ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
Ralph Northam: Ban assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines.
Justin Fairfax: Cast tiebreaking vote for Medicaid expansion.
Alex Padilla: We've got to better support our health care infrastructure.
Howard Schultz: Single-payer health care is a false promise.
Howard Schultz: Hire 10,000 refugees from Trump's Muslim-ban countries.
Joe Biden: Focus on refugee asylum seekers at home in Northern Triangle.
Principles & Values|
Danielle Allen: Will bring experience from academia to governing.
Alex Lasry: Being on the right side of history isn't bad for business.
Jeff Flake: Without principled fidelity to truth, democracy won't last.
Jeff Flake: Today's GOP: where there's no greater offense than honesty.
Jeff Flake: We did not become a great nation by espousing nonsense.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: I don't have to empathize, because I understand.
Alex Padilla: What drives my public service passion are issues of equity.
Val Demings: Being unified nation doesn't mean giving up beliefs.
Bill Weld: All states should hold primaries, not just re-nominate Trump.
Joe Walsh: All states should hold primaries, not just re-nominate Trump.
Mark Sanford: All states should hold primaries, not just re-nominate Trump.
Justin Amash: Father immigrated as Palestinian refugee.
Justin Amash: I've disenchanted and frightened by hyperpartisanship.
Justin Amash: Leaving the Republican Party to avoid partisan death spiral.
Pete Buttigieg: Supports religious values and separation of church and state.
Mike Pence: Adversaries have weaponized space; solution is Space Force.
Welfare & Poverty|
Ketanji Brown Jackson: Continue pandemic-related eviction moratorium.
Amy Klobuchar: Eradicate child poverty in a generation.
Andrew Yang: Disentangle economic value and human value.
Pete Buttigieg: Dow Jones doesn't measure performance of economy.
Tom Steyer: Think much more ambitiously about poverty and how to end it.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of nationwide 2020s political races in The Washington Post.