Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of SC political races in The State
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The State (number of quotes indicated):
- Al Sharpton (5) Democrat
- Brad Hutto (1) Democratic Challenger South Carolina
- Elizabeth Colbert-Busch (2) Democrat U.S. Rep South Carolina-1
- Gloria Bromell Tinubu (1) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger South Carolina
- Henry McMaster (2) South Carolina Republican
- Howard Dean (1) Democrat
- Inez Tenenbaum (1) 2004 former Democratic challenger South Carolina
- Jaime Harrison (1) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger South Carolina
- Jim DeMint (1) Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative South Carolina
- Joyce Dickerson (1) Democratic Senate Challenger South Carolina
- Kevin Bryant (1) South Carolina Republican candidate for governor
- Mark Sanford (2) South Carolina Republican Presidential contender
- Nikki Haley (2) South Carolina UN Ambassador 2017-2018
- Ralph Nader (1) Green
- Rick Wade (3) Democratic Senate Challenger South Carolina
- Tim Scott (1) Republican Senator-Appointee South Carolina
- Yancey McGill (2) South Carolina Republican candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from The State magazine:
- SC-Senate, "National abortion rights group endorses Lindsey Graham's top Democratic challenger," by Joseph Bustos, Nov. 18, 2019
- (On Catherine Templeton): The State on 2018 South Carolina gubernatorial race, 10/7/2017
- (On Kevin Bryant): The State magazine on 2018 South Carolina Gubernatorial race, 8/7/2017
- (On Yancey McGill): The State webzine on 2018 South Carolina Gubernatorial race, 3/21/2017
- (On Joyce Dickerson): The State webzine on 2016 South Carolina Senate race, 2/4/2016
- (On Brad Hutto): The State magazine on 2014 South Carolina Senate race, 6/11/2014
- (On Tim Scott & Rick Wade): The State magazine on 2014 South Carolina Senate race, 3/6/2014
- (On Elizabeth Colbert-Busch & Mark Sanford): The State webzine on 2013 S.C. House District 1 debate, 4/29/2013
- (On Henry McMaster & Nikki Haley): The State newsmagazine, "Commission on S.C. ethics reforms", 1/28/2013
- (On Jim DeMint & Inez Tenenbaum) SC Senate Debate in The State webzine , 10/25/2004
- (On Ralph Nader): The State webzine (South Carolina), 12/24/2003
- (On Howard Dean): Editorial, The State webzine (South Carolina), 11/16/2003
- (On Al Sharpton): Interview with The State webzine, 5/2/2003
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jaime Harrison: NARAL: Harrison "outspoken champion of reproductive freedom".
Yancey McGill: Opposes abortion, even as Democratic State Senator.
Al Sharpton: Confederate flag should only be seen in a museum.
Kevin Bryant: Joins "Stop Fed Ed" vows to reject all Federal Ed mandates.
Rick Wade: Vision for S.C. focused on education and jobs.
Elizabeth Colbert-Busch: Dredge the port of Charleston, with federal funding.
Brad Hutto: Focus on state's needs, not foreign conflicts.
Inez Tenenbaum: Cheap imports are putting our people out of work.
Jim DeMint: Textile industry is dying so trade isnít the issue.
Mark Sanford: I was against earmarks before being anti-earmark was cool.
Henry McMaster: Register all lobbyists; speed up FOIA.
Henry McMaster: Full disclosure of campaign funding & fines for violators.
Nikki Haley: Register all lobbyists; speed up FOIA.
Nikki Haley: Full disclosure of campaign funding & fines for violators.
Al Sharpton: Believes in constitutional right to health care.
Elizabeth Colbert-Busch: Proud to live in a right-to-work state; keep NLRB away.
Principles & Values|
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: Dropped Senate bid; endorses Jaime Harrison.
Yancey McGill: Served for 25 years as Democrat; now running as Republican.
Rick Wade: Withdraws from race, citing too-late entrance.
Rick Wade: Ran unsuccessfully for secretary of state in 2002.
Tim Scott: Grew up poor in a black community in North Charleston.
Mark Sanford: Now engaged to woman from 2009 extramarital affair.
Ralph Nader: Wonít run as a Green-maybe as an independent.
Howard Dean: Reverse Bush tax cuts to shore up trust fund-donít privatize.
Al Sharpton: Faster economic growth will save Social Security.
Al Sharpton: Would repeal all Bush tax cuts.
Joyce Dickerson: Serves on COMET transit system board of directors.
War & Peace|
Al Sharpton: Bushís unilateral foreign policy is short-sighted.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of SC political races in The State.